Concern increasing that Alpha 2.0 will not be this year and what that means for SC

Soven Taliesyn

Space Marshal
Aug 27, 2015
RSI Handle
Soven-Taliesyn
I just wouldn't get to excited for something that may not come any time soon. But, I'm not even slightly [CONCERN]ed. Chris Roberts has too much riding on this too fail. IF, money were an issue he wouldn't be hiring more people. IF, all those who have their doubts are right....so what. Most backers should know that this isn't a sure fire thing. Things can go wrong. They usually do. Assuming the doubters are right, Roberts career would pretty much be over. No consumer would trust anything he is behind. Also, it would tarnish any chance of any other crowd funded games. WE have seen what happens when companies through shiny people at their customers. You end up with CCP all over again. They've promised SOOO many things that even to this day have NOT been delivered. Then finally, everyone revolted and threatened to take away CCP's allowance. The big issue is that Chris Roberts is dreaming BIG and with that comes delays. Any time some new idea comes in, it will also cause delays. So in the end, like i said before, full launch isn't expected until end of 2016, so anything we get before then is just bonus. They don't HAVE to let us play anything until they do launch.

TL;DR: Complaints are annoying, there are several other threads on this topic. Considering, this was announced 3 years ago(?) and so far this is all they've given.....if you recently pledged, you should've thought about THAT already. If you have doubts, ask for a refund and go play something else.

Reactions: honcho12

KingNerd

Admiral
Jul 14, 2015
RSI Handle
KingNerd
At this point, I'm so damn eager for 2.0 I need to just unplug from Star Citizen for a while and go play different things.

Issues with this plan:
1) My favorite game Community is TEST
2) My favorite genre of game is Space.
3) I enjoy TEST too much.

God dammit, TEST.
All of everything you said here. I need a vacation from "soon" and god damn it TEST WHY WON't YOU LET ME GO!?

Soven Taliesyn

Space Marshal
Aug 27, 2015
RSI Handle
Soven-Taliesyn
I think the best attitude to take for SC's development is "It'll be out when it's done, and when it's done it'll be awesome"
I even apply that to when it comes to [CONCERN]s about how the media/press see it, cause there's no denying that once it's all done it'll get good reviews. (Or at least we hope so...)
Reviews don't matter, as long as we enjoy it.

Krystal LeChuck

Meme Meister
Staff member
Officer
Jun 10, 2014
RSI Handle
Krystal
If you have doubts, ask for a refund and go play something else.
Absolutely not!
This is the worst thing that can happen. Screwing up with a company's financial planning in such way.

When people pledged for an game still in development, they should know that their money is gone and if the game comes its fine, if its never delivered, then take the legal way.

Asking for a refund on a crowdfunding project is at least ridiculous. Its like you going to Red Cross and asking for your money back because 3rd world countries still suffer.

Reactions: honcho12

JBWill

Vice Admiral
Donor
Nov 11, 2014
RSI Handle
JBWill
Unfortunately, we don't know how well off CIG is right now with regards to funds. I worry that they still have a long road ahead and will need everything they can get. I think the super faithful are still very confident in the game, however, I am more concerned about the folks that have yet to pledge that don't see much for their money right now. I was impressed by the tech shown at both Gamescom and Citizencon, however, nothing of that is in our hands yet. I'm not saying the game is doomed, but I think they need a fresh injection of content to keep the sales rolling.
You're absolutely right, we don't know exactly how well off CIG is right now. However, we have tons of evidence that indicates they're doing fine, and any suggestions to the contrary are entirely based off of statements made by a couple of alleged former employees who wouldn't have actually had access to know how the company was doing financially even if they are actual former employees, so I think it's a bit silly to worry based on what we know.

Soven Taliesyn

Space Marshal
Aug 27, 2015
RSI Handle
Soven-Taliesyn
Absolutely not!
This is the worst thing that can happen. Screwing up with a company's financial planning in such way.

When people pledged for an game still in development, they should know that their money is gone and if the game comes its fine, if its never delivered, then take the legal way.

Asking for a refund on a crowdfunding project is at least ridiculous. Its like you going to Red Cross and asking for your money back because 3rd world countries still suffer.
It is in no way shape or form a bad idea. It would show CIG how many people may have lost their faith. Not to mention they would sacrifice any perk of being any early backer. CIG is doing well enough, I'm sure they could handle a few refunds.

ZoNoS

Rear Admiral
Donor
Oct 14, 2015
RSI Handle
ZoNoS
IMHO if they don't get it out by the end of the year, it'll mean almost literally nothing. It's not like they really need a significant boost of funding, particularly since the anniversary sale and Crucible concept sale will guarantee funding spikes regardless of whether they release new content. Whenever it does come out it'll definitely help the hype and drive up activity across the board, but in that respect there's really not much of a difference if that happens next week or next summer.

It'll come when it's ready, and it'll be great for SC when it does, but it's not going to be a huge problem if it doesn't come out immediately.
I agree. They will not run out of money. They may take a few dings in the media about delays but there are plenty of us on board that just want to see the thing done right. That will take time. Pushing out half-baked releases will do more damage than delays.

NeoHelios_SC

Vice Admiral
Apr 18, 2015
RSI Handle
NeoHelios_SC
constantly cock tease all the fan base
You know... MAAAYBE some of us are actually INTO that, ya know... ;) Hey, hey, HEY!! You know what they say: it's kinky when you use a feather, but PERVERTED when you use the whole goddamn chicken! Let's enjoy these little feathers here and there. Remember kids: foreplay is fun!

Last edited:

WarrenPeace

Space Marshal
Jul 17, 2014
RSI Handle
Shortspark
[CONCERN] for game? No. The game will come. Even should the nukes launch, the meteors hit, or the machines rise, there will be a game. But [CONCERN] for SOTS 12? Oh my yes.

maynard

Space Marshal
May 20, 2014
RSI Handle
mgk
Google "the mythical man month", it is a classic piece explaining why adding people to a software project can actually slow it down

this isn't Chris Roberts' first rodeo, I'm confident he's on top of things

DragonHeart

Space Marshal
Feb 10, 2015
RSI Handle
ATempest
Frankly I'd rather it be at Christmas they release it. I'm still having a lot of fun on the journey to Star Citizen.
I want the game made soon, as much as the next person.
But thinking back, I actually enjoyed the journey.
All the anticipation, drama, and constant crying on CIG forums, made my days fun haha.

Devil Doge

Grand Admiral
Mar 10, 2015
RSI Handle
Double_Jinx
so i found this interesting. people managed to glitch the ac menu in order to fly the retaliator. the ship looks atleast 98% functional i think that they are just ironing out a few kinks in the gameplay side and if i had to put money on it, id say between christmas and the star citizen annaversary

Reactions: Reptar Khan

Rainshine

Captain
Donor
Nov 13, 2014
RSI Handle
RainingLight
so i found this interesting. people managed to glitch the ac menu in order to fly the retaliator. the ship looks atleast 98% functional i think that they are just ironing out a few kinks in the gameplay side and if i had to put money on it, id say between christmas and the star citizen annaversary

Has anyone tried playing multiplayer with it? I'm curious if other players can move around the ship while it's flying.

To the topic at hand, I can understand people's concern given Chris Robert's latest scandal. Apparently, he's blowing all the backer's money on cocaine, as proof by this Derick Smart/ Escapist Magazine paparazzi photo.
chris.jpg

Last edited:
Forgot your password?