[CONCERN] What if he was right?

Joegasaki Kenji

Space Marshal
Aug 3, 2015
RSI Handle
JoegaKen
If you think about it. If Chris Roberts screwes over the SC community he will not be able to live his life normally anymore. There are people who have paid thousands of dollars to get this game made. If he failes to deliver the least that will happen is a lawsuit. For the worst? I think the chance excists that someone will try kill him. I think(/hope) CR knows this too. As for what I will do when shit hits the fan? If this thing goes down, it will be gloreus like a bengal carrier crashing into the sun. I will grab a beer and browse the forums reading about the shitstorm that will be released upon CIG and about how everybody knew something was fishy and DS was right. And later people will ask me where were you the day crowdfunding died? And i will say laughing in my office chair about how i was scammed 400$. But i must say i've got my 400$'s worth already from the anticipation for this game, reading the forums and participating in the great Test squad.

D3Mark

Grand Admiral
Sep 24, 2014
RSI Handle
D3Mark
Honestly, I think we should ask James Pugh to join TEST squardon for the glory of Montoya. CIGs loss, our gain.
Pretty sure he said he would if he could (since as employees they're not supposed to join a player org), we've had several devs say that before.

D3Mark

Grand Admiral
Sep 24, 2014
RSI Handle
D3Mark
Plot thickens? Sandi on Reverse the 'verse...

Star Pilgrim

Rear Admiral
Feb 24, 2015
RSI Handle
Star_Pilgrim
Only the people who can't take the pressure will leave the project.
Some higher ups want more pay for this kind of pressure and nasty schedule.
They don't get it, and they leave for better pastures.

As for the lower tier people employed there, who cares?

I never liked James Pugh.
I mean, what on earth did he do to earn the salary?
Same goes for Disco Lando. I like him, but still don't get it that he actually gets paid for what little he does.

I do not care about Austin office closing. it will not be the last one.
They can do EVERYTHING from Manchester and new Frankfurt office, with just those people anyways.
Most of the brains and talent are there.

I would not like if Chris Smith leaves.
That would be a bad omen to me.

Check ATV:
Derek is a twat and as per usual his info is a psychotic missinformation.

Last edited:

Op4ArcticFox

Space Marshal
May 9, 2014
RSI Handle
Op4ArcticFox
It's games yo. There is a crazy amount of turnover. Sometimes its justified with logic, sometimes not. I have worked in games for 6 years now, I have seen a lot of good friends come and go. I myself have lost a fair number of jobs to questionable reasons. It really doesn't mean anything. I work at 343 Industries right now. We are making Halo 5, we have all the funding in the world, and we still cut people when we have to. Sometimes its a team environment thing, sometimes it is because they have a different vision. There are 1,001 reasons why people leave companies. Don't read too much into it, because in games it doesn't really amount to shit.

D3Mark

Grand Admiral
Sep 24, 2014
RSI Handle
D3Mark
I do not care about Austin office closing.
That's the PU office, just saying.

It's games yo. There is a crazy amount of turnover. Sometimes its justified with logic, sometimes not. I have worked in games for 6 years now, I have seen a lot of good friends come and go. I myself have lost a fair number of jobs to questionable reasons. It really doesn't mean anything. I work at 343 Industries right now. We are making Halo 5, we have all the funding in the world, and we still cut people when we have to. Sometimes its a team environment thing, sometimes it is because they have a different vision. There are 1,001 reasons why people leave companies. Don't read too much into it, because in games it doesn't really amount to shit.
Danke.

Reactions: Op4ArcticFox

Star Pilgrim

Rear Admiral
Feb 24, 2015
RSI Handle
Star_Pilgrim

Groundstain

Grand Admiral
May 23, 2014
RSI Handle
Groundstain

JBWill

Vice Admiral
Donor
Nov 11, 2014
RSI Handle
JBWill
So very much this. I also used to work in the gaming industry and can confirm that the turnover rate is insane, regardless of the status of the company or project. I can guarantee you that plenty of other people have left CIG in the past few months that no one heard about, and yet more new faces have been hired. It's just part of the industry, and no company is exempt from it.

mindfart

Space Marshal
Donor
Feb 10, 2015
RSI Handle
mindfart
It's been amusing to watch the whole Disfunctional Schizo story unfold, just because he is so good at making himself look like an ass hahahah

eXplode

Commander
Donor
Sep 25, 2015
RSI Handle
eXplode
If you think about it, if SC ever "failed" what the hell would that guy Shart due with his life then? He needs SC to keep going or he has nothing to BS about.

NeoHelios_SC

Vice Admiral
Apr 18, 2015
RSI Handle
NeoHelios_SC
<strike>I want to say this isn't the first time Sandi has pissed people off. Is it possible that she is ripping this game apart with her abrasive personality? I mean, she's not even a GAMER. She's from the FASHION industry. Beside affiliation with CR what the hell were her qualifications?</strike>

Last edited:
Forgot your password?