config Avenger Titan

Phoos

Captain
Sep 28, 2017
RSI Handle
Phoos
How should I equip my avenger titan for pvp?
Every time i go to kharrea to reset my crime stat, some dreadnought/constellation/600serie/aurora/asteroid beat me in 1v1 :thump:

I tried:
CF 447 rhino laser repeter
2*DR model-XJ3

is there a chance for me? Is it the fault of my config? am i just bad? is it the beer?
a lot of question i hope YOU will have the answer to...

Printimus

Space Marshal
Officer
Donor
Dec 22, 2015
RSI Handle
Printimus
How should I equip my avenger titan for pvp?
Every time i go to kharrea to reset my crime stat, some dreadnought/constellation/600serie/aurora/asteroid beat me in 1v1 :thump:

I tried:
CF 447 rhino laser repeter
2*DR model-XJ3

is there a chance for me? Is it the fault of my config? am i just bad? is it the beer?
a lot of question i hope YOU will have the answer to...
There lots of website tools out there where you can run different loadouts for different ships! Try a quick google search for "Star Citizen Ship Loadout Configurator".

Reactions: Phoos and Vavrik

Deroth

Space Marshal
Donor
Sep 28, 2017
RSI Handle
Deroth1
So many weapons are nerfed or broken right now that any suggestions right now should be taken with a grain of salt as they're nearly pointless.

A lot of people are using ballistic weapons in the current build as their damage is a little over powered until armor and the new shield are implemented.

For energy weapons, Panthers are probably the least broken. Pairing them with a Rhino or Combine (if you're having energy and heat management issues) seems effective (whenever Combines aren't broken.)

Vavrik

Space Marshal
Donor
Sep 19, 2017
RSI Handle
Vavrik
Two posts from another current thread about essentially the same thing. The two included links seem well worth the look, but also read the text of the posts.

Theorycrafting towards loadouts is still pretty tough. Things will be reworked and balanced more and more. Best example is the reworked shield system coming soon.
Now you will be able to make choices like do i wan't a fast recharge rate or high shield points. Or do i want to mix those?

We don't even know if jousting will be a thing in the final game. So we can theorycraft about the current patch. But theorycrafting further, will make sense only for the sake of theorycrafting.

How well will you be able to hide from scanning? We don't know.
Will the "surprise knucklehead" be thing. (So i assume high alpha damage) We don't know.

Towards combat:
currently i prefer gimbal (assist) over everything else.
If you're looking for quick fights or a "gtfo weapon" ballistic repeaters are probably one of the best choice.

For longer combats with a lot of enemys (missions) i would prefer laser repeaters.

Cannons are good if you're going for larger targets. For larger targets fixed weapons might be viable too.
Small agile targets will be nearly impossible to hit.

All other modules are currently very simple in their difference so go for the best.

You can check some stats here:

or here
From your description I think you should choose the Ghost over the SH and Heartseeker. It's optimized for what you want and if you lose it, you'll get back something closer to what you need so your costs will stay down.

Given that aside, I would say you definitely want to shoot scatterguns so that each pass does max damage. Scatterguns also have very low heat and EM when on standby, so this aids your stealth. Since scattterguns use very little power you can downsize the reactor if you mod your SH, which will make it stealthier. See if you can actually fly the IonBurst reactor and have enough power for all your needs. That will make a huge difference in stealth. You'll want to add Void armor once that is available if you use the SH. If you use 2 Predetors on the wings, 2 Havocs on the nose and 2 Hellions on the turret, you have over 5,400 dps. With shields down that should kill any fighter on the first pass.

If you want to stealth the SH and use it, to take down shields I suggest go with 2XS3 Arrester missiles. They have a better range, a better chance to hit and do more damage than the smaller missiles, and IIRC, the Arresters will not only knock a bird senseless, but failing that the distortion damage clears shields fast. You'll want to try to clear shields from outside the distance you'll be detected at and then eliminate in the first pass. I would try launching from 7-9km and circling so you have an attack vector as far from the launch direction as possible, and most fighters shouldn't be able to see you until it is too late. I have seen guys do this on youtube with the Sabre (which is designed for this) and it is pretty beasty.

Use the Hardpoint calculator for the latest data on weapons, and I think you'll see why I'm suggesting scatterguns. You'll also be able to look in detail at other components, and how much you save by actually switching off your shields, etc. Shield choice is the hardest part of designing a highwayman, IMHO. Max protection or max recharge? If you do what you're talking about right it may not matter. You may never have to turn them on.

Radegast74

Space Marshal
Oct 8, 2016
RSI Handle
Radegast74
OMG, combat is so broken right now...and a bunch of the weapons are broken, as well. Definitely checkout the links posted by @Vavrik (the hardpoint.io and the www.erkul.games links).

Also check out http://starcitizendb.com to see what the standard loadout of the ships you are fighting is.

One more suggestion: Arena Commander is broken too, but broken in a different way from the PU (your gun pips will be displayed correctly, and the enemies won't jitter). Try playing some Vanduul Swarm and/or Pirate swarm for practice.

MurderingPsycho

Space Marshal
Donor
Jan 10, 2018
RSI Handle
Zombie_Bait
I agree with @Deroth, ballistics seem to be working best right now, especially the miniguns. I would suggest switching to gimbals as well. The gimbal assist is working really well most of the time and it can help with smaller, faster ships. I would try this personally https://www.erkul.games/calculator/avenger_titan/PI2BS3kI. The minigun is great for maximum damage if you can keep it on target and the sawbucks do more damage per shot. Keep in minds, if you have the money, you can also upgrade your shield.

Reactions: Phoos and Deroth
Forgot your password?