Consolidated Outland "New Arrival"

Thalstan

Space Marshal
Jun 5, 2016
RSI Handle
Thalstan
Looks like C.O will have a new ship on display at the IAE, very possibly meaning that it will be flight ready. From where it's going to be displayed according to the PTU (Wave 1) floor, I would expect that the largest this ship will be is medium sized. I expect this ship to be the LTI "game package" for this event.

No other details, but maybe someone else can post what they know about the "Nomad"

Last edited:

Thalstan

Space Marshal
Jun 5, 2016
RSI Handle
Thalstan
Consolidated* Outland 😆

No one seems to know what it is. Leaks says its a Fighter.....because we need more apparently. My hope is that its a competitor to the MSR.
sorry, not much sleep last night....

No idea if it's refinery, fighter, etc... The spot is big enough for 2 Hornets nose to nose on an angle (F7C and F7A, so it can probably be up to Cutlass/Freelancer sized in that area

Patrick Spaceman

Grand Admiral
Oct 4, 2020
RSI Handle
Patrick_Spaceman
Interdasting...I'll still get my Mustang Delta "Little Bird" though..I'll laugh if it was better than an MSR haha

AntiSqueaker

Space Marshal
Apr 23, 2014
RSI Handle
Anti-Squeaker
Would be nice to see some other choices in the Lancer/Cutty category. I'm hoping for a Medium ship, more agile than the Cutty and intended for stealth.
Yeah, the 2-3 person ship category is dearth of competition. I love my Cutlass but I'm also open to something else if it's neater or has a niche.

It's such a sweet spot of crew requirements (easily solo-able all the way up to 3 friends to fully crew) and size (big enough to do a lot of stuff and small enough to not break the bank upgrading or replacing) and it's a shame that we only have 2 real competitors for it.

Cugino83

Space Marshal
Apr 25, 2019
RSI Handle
Cugino
Yeah, the 2-3 person ship category is dearth of competition. I love my Cutlass but I'm also open to something else if it's neater or has a niche.

It's such a sweet spot of crew requirements (easily solo-able all the way up to 3 friends to fully crew) and size (big enough to do a lot of stuff and small enough to not break the bank upgrading or replacing) and it's a shame that we only have 2 real competitors for it.
Psss:
StarRunner Advocacy.png

incoming soon (like 20 nov...)

Ayeteeone

Space Marshal
Donor
Oct 22, 2018
RSI Handle
Ayeteeone

You guys nail this.. whatever the ship turns out to be, this particular area is in desperate need of options. The Cutty is a great ship save that it's not a liveaboard.. the no amenities issue will matter as the game continues to develop. The Lancers are also great, but lack of weapon/armor storage and limited vehicle space cuts deep into that 'general' multirole descriptor.

I've believed for a while now that a 415p would provide a superb 1 or 2 person generalist ship in the medium range.

• o7
Reactions: Talonsbane

Sirus7264

Space Marshal
Donor
Apr 5, 2017
RSI Handle
Sirus7264
I feel its going to be some sort of vessel used for industrial purposes. my thoughts are salvage or mining maybe its a push to bring people back into salvaging since its been long cast away.

• o7

Talonsbane

Space Marshal
Donor
Jul 29, 2017
RSI Handle
Talonsbane
IF it happens to be a refining ship, I'm hoping that it will be able to refine Quantanium so that those mining that ore can have a much closer source to get it treated, refined & stabilized so that they won't risk either destroying their ships nor their load of ore just for scooping that up in the process.

Ayeteeone

Space Marshal
Donor
Oct 22, 2018
RSI Handle
Ayeteeone
What is impressing me most.. is that we are this close to release and nothing is known but the name (from dataminers) and the rough size (from the showroom floor). Everything else is speculation.

• o7

Thalstan

Space Marshal
Jun 5, 2016
RSI Handle
Thalstan
Ok, based on some videos out there by bored gamer, this is probably a refinery ship. It looks to be a single person ship, probably in line with other starter profession ships like the prospector and Vulture. Rumor is 70 warbond, 80 credit. Other rumors have a combination package with the black widow version. Also, there will probably be a game package too, but I don’t remember the price that was mentioned. Based on my own observations in Wave 1 PTU and the placement of said ship(s), this will be a ready to fly release, or at least, released in 3.12. Also from my own thoughts, I suspect the reason this ship is cheaper than a mining ship is that you will need the cooperation of others. You will need to take cargo from one location refine it, and only then be able to sell it. Maybe you could take ores from vendor locations and refine it to sell. Could this indicate the bag systems on prospectors and MOLE will be operational now? Probably not, but we can dream. If it indicates a transfer of material from one ship to another, does that mean ship refueling is close? Because we have not seen ship refueling for some time, I doubt this is the case. It will probably be buy, refine, then transport to another location for sale, probably with just small amounts, and it will be an incremental bump in price.

Perseus is rumored to be a big gun ship, similar in concept to the Ares, but on a larger scale, so instead of a lot of anti-fighter guns like the hammerhead, it will be a smaller number of big guns. So instead of 24xS4 guns,it might have 6xS6 guns, or 4xS7 guns. Rumor is between 6-700. Again, look at bored gamers video on that subject, much more of an anti-capital ship setup. This means the 890s and other ships out there will significant shielding will finally have a threat. My thoughts based on Wave 1 PTU setup of the RSI hall is that this will be a hologram only, so it will not be a direct to fly able ship.

• o7
Forgot your password?