Consolidated Outland Pioneer

Takeiteasy

Admiral
May 21, 2017
RSI Handle
Takeiteasy
I hope its a mobile base, slow, vulnerable while in space, but when landed and hard points deployed a relatively safe base of operations for ground op. Or a mobile factory, like a cross between a Dune Spice Miner and an Imperial Devastator. Damn, I'm getting all riled up just thinking about it.
I'm hoping it's a factory or more specifically a fabrication ship to print ship parts for distribution, have an asteroid mining base and have the ore deck ed and then sent here to be used to make actual usable items.

Modules could be for making structural parts and external panels, another could be for guns, another for engines and so on. Lots of these out there making everything you will ever need to survive in space.

supitza

Vault Dweller
Aug 5, 2015
RSI Handle
AstroSupitza
What we know so far:
- it's a civilian ship;
- it does something that no other ship in SC has done before (the gamechanger Ben mentioned);
- it's most likely an exploration ship (the theme of CitizenCon - "Exploring new worlds" - and the name "Pioneer"). Also, because of yesterday's Shipyard article, I'm inclined to say it's either an expedition type (surely not pathfinder or touring) or a new type of exploration vessel altogether.

My guess is that the Pioneer is a colonization / small-scale terraforming / mini-base-building ship.
Bookmark this post, I'm going to quote it after CitizenCon because I'm 94.8% sure I'm right.

Stevetank

Lead Aurora Theorycrafter
Donor
Jun 3, 2016
RSI Handle
Stevetank
What we know so far:
- it's a civilian ship;
- it does something that no other ship in SC has done before (the gamechanger Ben mentioned);
- it's most likely an exploration ship (the theme of CitizenCon - "Exploring new worlds" - and the name "Pioneer"). Also, because of yesterday's Shipyard article, I'm inclined to say it's either an expedition type (surely not pathfinder or touring) or a new type of exploration vessel altogether.

My guess is that the Pioneer is a colonization / small-scale terraforming / mini-base-building ship.
Bookmark this post, I'm going to quote it after CitizenCon because I'm 94.8% sure I'm right.
I don't doubt you, unless Montoya doubts you, which I doubt.

StdDev

Space Marshal
Donor
Feb 16, 2017
RSI Handle
StdDev
What we know so far:
- it's a civilian ship;

I'm going with Supitza on this... Pioneer... hmmmm
or... its a fast food delivery service ship!
Pioneer Pete.png

Radegast74

Space Marshal
Oct 8, 2016
RSI Handle
Radegast74
The others look like Sabres to me, but the engine pods on the Pioneer remind me of the Idris, I think it might be yuuuuuge!

'Gimp
Looks like 2 Sabres
Yeah! I agree too, it's definitely two Sabre and it shore look to be in size of polaris-idris, :smile: most interesting nice to get mail like this :beers: :smile:
Thanks, I can definitely see the "second" Sabre now. When I first saw the picture, I had been up 25 hours straight, thanks to some bad luck with my airline flights.

Word of the day / CitizenCon : "YUUUUUUUGE!"

DirectorGunner

Space Marshal
Officer
Donor
Sep 17, 2016
RSI Handle
DirectorGunner
Need me to hold one in buyback for you?
If you get a spare warbond one yes please! lol
I have enough RSI to secure anything slightly over $2K, I usually do 1 or 2 warbonds or presale of every new concept this year except 600i (used credit) since I wasn't ready.. still not ready for something as big as the pioneer lol.. gesus.

Stevetank

Lead Aurora Theorycrafter
Donor
Jun 3, 2016
RSI Handle
Stevetank
If you get a spare warbond one yes please! lol
I have enough RSI to secure anything slightly over $2K, I usually do 1 or 2 warbonds or presale of every new concept this year except 600i (used credit) since I wasn't ready.. still not ready for something as big as the pioneer lol.. gesus.
Ah, I don't have the cash to secure a warbond ship. I just use credit to grab a few stand alones. Is a non warbond ok?

Forgot your password?