Constellation Conversation

Constellation Conversation

• Total voters

GrammarGestapo

Pro Chat Necromancer
Jun 8, 2014
RSI Handle
TheGrammarpolice
The way I see it, the standard constellation, the andromeda, is the most heavily armed as well as having the second highest cargo capacity. I see no reason to own any of the other ones if you already own a connie. You could make an argument for the pheonix, but for what? Inferior armament, as well as drastically decreased cargo space at double the price is somehow made up for by a buggy and a shiny interior? Meh, don't think so.

Reactions: Walex

SkippyLeDoo

Lame Title
Nov 16, 2013
RSI Handle
SkippyLeDoo
I have a Constellation Phoenix (now), and you better believe I'm going to be flying the everliving shit out of that thing all over the galaxy.

Can you Close Tolerance Fly a connie? GUESS WHO'S GONNA FIND OUT? THIS GUY. THIS GUY RIGHT HERE.

GIVE ME MY DAMN CONNY CIG. I NEED TO START CRASHING THEM ALREADY.
I just upgraded my connie to a Phoenix.

Swagship fleet unite!

GrammarGestapo

Pro Chat Necromancer
Jun 8, 2014
RSI Handle
TheGrammarpolice

GrammarGestapo

Pro Chat Necromancer
Jun 8, 2014
RSI Handle
TheGrammarpolice
WOAH, guys, if you haven't and you already own a connie: CHECK OUT YOUR EFFING HANGAR! The newest update improved lighting immensely, added cool new features, and offers a total redesign of the interior.

Choppanob

Space Marshal
Jul 10, 2014
RSI Handle
Choppanob
WOAH, guys, if you haven't and you already own a connie: CHECK OUT YOUR EFFING HANGAR! The newest update improved lighting immensely, added cool new features, and offers a total redesign of the interior.
Aye... i have seen the vids, and it's a cool hangar to view your ships.
But for me... it's still to bright and clean for my taste, i'm more going for the starter hanger, or even better... the asteroid one. :D

Btw... melted my ships (Ghost and Cutlass) and i'm a proud owner of my first and only explorer ship the "Aquila"

starkestrel

Space Marshal
Nov 3, 2013
RSI Handle
starkestrel
Yeah, this is gonna be a tough-ass week. Those Connie's are just too cool. I wish I knew more about how they're gonna fare in play if you don't have PCs to crew each station.

You could make an argument for the pheonix, but for what? Inferior armament, as well as drastically decreased cargo space at double the price is somehow made up for by a buggy and a shiny interior? Meh, don't think so.
What's causing you to call it inferior armament? It's got the biggest power plant, bigger Class II guns, bigger missiles, the same Class V turrets, and a Class IX hardpoint/defense system. The Pheonix is impressing me because of its armament. Am I missing something?

Aside from its price, the thing that's giving me pause is its cargo bay. Still, it's twice as big as the Freelancer MAX's cargo bay.

SkippyLeDoo

Lame Title
Nov 16, 2013
RSI Handle
SkippyLeDoo
Yeah, this is gonna be a tough-ass week. Those Connie's are just too cool. I wish I knew more about how they're gonna fare in play if you don't have PCs to crew each station.

What's causing you to call it inferior armament? It's got the biggest power plant, bigger Class II guns, bigger missiles, the same Class V turrets, and a Class IX hardpoint/defense system. The Pheonix is impressing me because of its armament. Am I missing something?

Aside from its price, the thing that's giving me pause is its cargo bay. Still, it's twice as big as the Freelancer MAX's cargo bay.
That's exactly why I upgraded the only two things I can think of that could make the ship not-as-superior is the lack of dorsal missiles and (like you said) its cargo bay.

GrammarGestapo

Pro Chat Necromancer
Jun 8, 2014
RSI Handle
TheGrammarpolice

It has the same size 2 guns, like, exactly the same. It has measurably fewer missiles, and it has a different brand on the size 4 guns, which we don't really know how that will work out. But "Rhino" sounds scarier than "needle".

The point defense turret, which I assume is for missiles, does not factor into offensive armament.

GrammarGestapo

Pro Chat Necromancer
Jun 8, 2014
RSI Handle
TheGrammarpolice
Aye... i have seen the vids, and it's a cool hangar to view your ships.
But for me... it's still to bright and clean for my taste, i'm more going for the starter hanger, or even better... the asteroid one. :D

Btw... melted my ships (Ghost and Cutlass) and i'm a proud owner of my first and only explorer ship the "Aquila"
you might wanna rebuy that cutlass...

The asteroid hangar came free with it.

GrammarGestapo

Pro Chat Necromancer
Jun 8, 2014
RSI Handle
TheGrammarpolice

hmmm, it seems that the little brochure and the ship stats page are not in agreement.

Designated Drunk

Space Marshal
Feb 28, 2014
RSI Handle
Designated_Drunk
Even with the variant vid today, I just can't get super excited about the Connie - it just doesn't do anything for me aesthetically. It looks to have all the right features for a fantastic all-arounder ship, but just looks 'meh' to me. I know many will disagree with that, which makes me happy - I love that there is such diversity in ship design that people can argue about which one is prettier. And yes, I'm pretty much buying ships based on if I like their looks. (started with an Avenger, and Starfarer and Retaliator are on my short list for crewed ships).

But I'm definitely looking forward to helping crew all of your Connies!

Reactions: Walex

Desterion

Admiral
May 20, 2014
RSI Handle
Desterion
People are forgetting that the Phoenix also comes with a p-72 instead of the 52 merlin. As it is, the merlin is basically a different flavor of an aurora. The bigger power plant, engines, and possibly class 2 weapon mounts are going to be big. The defense turret I think is going to be the most valuable thing by far on the phoenix, even if it only shoots down missiles and not anything hostile. The better power plant to regen shields along with something that automatically shoots down missiles is going to greatly increase survivability. However the thing people are glossing over, is the shielded cargo bay. Yes, it's smaller but the entire thing is going to be shielded. The Taurus sacrifices a class 5 turret for a small shielded storage section. I don't think it confirmed that the entire Phoenix cargo bay is shielded, but according to the wording and the diagram it indicates that it is. The taurus specifically has it labeled and pointed out.

Groundstain

Grand Admiral
May 23, 2014
RSI Handle
Groundstain
I do have a Freelancer max that I'm not impressed with. Screw it..... Time to melt..... Upgrade to a Phoenix incoming. My only problem is that I really don't care for the interior.

Forgot your password?