Constellation Phoenix or Anvil Carrack?

RSI Constellation Phoenix or Anvil Carrack?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Gauna

Graphic Goddess
Officer
Nov 1, 2015
RSI Handle
Gauna
Carrack is a money maker not a battle ship.
It is military all the same and has top of the line tech, same as phoenix.

Phoenix can rip some ships apart, more so than Andromeda and way more than Carrack.
But Carrack has other stuff you might be liking.

Phoenix is really rare, Carrack is not.
Both ships seem to be requiring some sort of reputation to obtain in the PU tho.
Who can tell?

If you just like to participate in battles, Phoenix is for you.
Exploration and science, Carrack is your ship.

Well said, Star Pilfrim! I already own a Phoenix from my CCU'd Rear Admiral. Gladly, i keep a free CCU for my second Reclaimer to Carrack, just in case. :)

Nikoliy

Grand Admiral
Aug 9, 2015
RSI Handle
Nikoliy
Carrack is a money maker not a battle ship.
It is military all the same and has top of the line tech, same as phoenix.

Phoenix can rip some ships apart, more so than Andromeda and way more than Carrack.
But Carrack has other stuff you might be liking.

Phoenix is really rare, Carrack is not.
Both ships seem to be requiring some sort of reputation to obtain in the PU tho.
Who can tell?

If you just like to participate in battles, Phoenix is for you.
Exploration and science, Carrack is your ship.
I like that, however we haven't seen the Carrack versions yet. I am hoping a more combat oriented version might come with an anti missile turret. It seems the only way to make the less maneuverable ships viable against missile spam. Also the Carrack seems to have a lot more armor... even the wings by the class 5 turrets appear to offer protection for the hull. We also don't know much about the drones that might be equipped. They might act as unmanned fighters.
Anyway hard to compare without all the information... purely aesthetically I think the Carrack looks sleeker and better then the Constellation.

Adiran

Admiral
Mar 28, 2015
RSI Handle
Adiran
Maybe I understood it wrong but I heard people saying the stations were different or that a connie was easier to run solo than a carrack or that the pilot had easier access to the sub stations not sure, I knew the numbers were the same but somehow or somewhere I was under the impression it would be more difficult than a connie, if I am wrong that makes me happy. :p
If that is the case i would say its easier to fly solo because of its size.

The carrack is twice the size in all regards. Twice as long, wide and more than twice as tall. Where the connie is 1 level across the whole ship the carrack has 3-4 levels. So accessability of everything is going to be easier when its all on one level and short distances between everything.

Adiran

Admiral
Mar 28, 2015
RSI Handle
Adiran
Crew size means how much consoles it has that people can man.
You can pretty much solo connie and hire 2 crew for the turrets if you wanted to.

Starfarer has more also bu only 2 are required to operate it efficiently.
Same goes for many other ships.
Actually they have stated the crew size is how manny players or npc's you need to run it effectivly. They have said "yes you can solo a multicrew ship but you cannot fly it as effectivly alone". They also said "yes you can hire NPC's but they will not be as effective as real players are".

If you want to swich between power managment, shields, ect (right now there isnt much but obce game is out there will be alot to do for even just these 2 stations, not to mention the others they are comming up with) and have 2 npc turret gunners that is fine. But that is one person doing 3 peoples job, you telling the 2 turrets who to shoot at, and still no one to fly the snub fighter.

I would take a crew of players ovee that much multitasking any day. That is just me.

Star Pilgrim

Rear Admiral
Feb 24, 2015
RSI Handle
Star_Pilgrim
Actually they have stated the crew size is how manny players or npc's you need to run it effectivly. They have said "yes you can solo a multicrew ship but you cannot fly it as effectivly alone". They also said "yes you can hire NPC's but they will not be as effective as real players are".

If you want to swich between power managment, shields, ect (right now there isnt much but obce game is out there will be alot to do for even just these 2 stations, not to mention the others they are comming up with) and have 2 npc turret gunners that is fine. But that is one person doing 3 peoples job, you telling the 2 turrets who to shoot at, and still no one to fly the snub fighter.

I would take a crew of players ovee that much multitasking any day. That is just me.
In one of 10 for the **** or Reverse The Verse shows.
"Max Crew Size" is the number of spots for people/npc's to have a specific role on the ship. It isn't required to fly the ship. All sub capital ships can be flown with a single person.
It is even worded like I am saying.
Sure you will have best chances if all the stations are fully manned, but everyone will be able to solo a ship.
How effective that will be, depends greatly on the quality of AI NPCs you are willing to purchase/pay, or how many friends you can "afford".

Adiran

Admiral
Mar 28, 2015
RSI Handle
Adiran
In one of 10 for the **** or Reverse The Verse shows.

It is even worded like I am saying.
Sure you will have best chances if all the stations are fully manned, but everyone will be able to solo a ship.
How effective that will be, depends greatly on the quality of AI NPCs you are willing to purchase/pay, or how many friends you can "afford".
I never said you couldnt solo a ship. Just that it will not be as effective as having a crew of NPC's. And the crew of NPC's will not be as effective as a crew of players.

Star Pilgrim

Rear Admiral
Feb 24, 2015
RSI Handle
Star_Pilgrim
That is a given.
So what are we discussing here? :D

Broody

Grand Admiral
Nov 24, 2014
RSI Handle
BROODY
To compare them is a great deal, because we do not know the inner life of the Carrack yet. If you slipped into a Phoenix once, you wish you don't have to leave this beauty. :)
Both are disigned by Gurmukh, the Phoenix first, the Carrack will deal with another purpose. One is for happiness the other one for intelligence.:D

Randson

Space Marshal
Oct 6, 2014
RSI Handle
Randson
Welp, melted the Connie and picked up the Carrack. Thx for all of your help. Figured crew wasnt an issue due to prior arrangements. i prolly have enough Full on military ships to take one with a lesser firepower. Not particularly worried about having one ship for a different purpose. Plus i think the onboard Sensor array will prove useful for fleetops. I suppose if i really need to destroy something THAT badly there are other ships in the garage that would be better suited over either of these ships. Carrack seems like it'd be a fun side project to work on anyway.

Reactions: Carlos Spicyweiner
Forgot your password?