Crusader Industries - Day 5 IAE video

Sky Captain

Space Marshal
Donor
Oct 13, 2018
RSI Handle
TheSkyCaptain
Great Crusader run down!

Gotta love the Ares Ion. I like the Inferno concept the most as a tool for anti-sub-capital runs, but see the Ion as more practical.

The Genesis is the one ship I continue to avoid. Its just a little too commercial jet liner in its presentation for me. But I can see how the 'safely get cargo from point A to point B' through an obstacle course could be fun. I expect a player taking these kinds of missions will also spawn attack / defend missions for others, adding to the appeal.

The MSR is an all-time classic. Though I wonder if its all-around-solo greatness will lead to a jack-of-trades level of balance and effectiveness later.

Ploeperpengel

Space Marshal
Jun 17, 2018
RSI Handle
Sadis
Inferno and Ion are both very loveable ships. The rule of cool is probaly in favor of the Inferno. I plan to get them both in game some day. Really bought enough and need to preserve some game grind motivators. Regarding that I also want to gain the C2s and Genesis in Game. The whole Crusaders setup is absolutely beautiful.

GPcustoms

Space Marshal
Donor
Sep 3, 2019
RSI Handle
GPcustom
Thank you for the walk about video :like:
Was on the fence until I discovered I could transfer loot to the rear storage of the Ion. Very cool ship:o7:

Vavrik

Space Marshal
Donor
Sep 19, 2017
RSI Handle
Vavrik
I don't think there's really a fair comparison between the 400i and MSR. I'm keeping the MSR because it is currently fast, fuel efficient, and can take quite a bit of refined ore down to a planet to sell.
But others may have different priorities than mine so... ymmv.
(not knocking the 400i, I own one. It's just not a match for the MSR)

GPcustoms

Space Marshal
Donor
Sep 3, 2019
RSI Handle
GPcustom
I don't think there's really a fair comparison between the 400i and MSR. I'm keeping the MSR because it is currently fast, fuel efficient, and can take quite a bit of refined ore down to a planet to sell.
But others may have different priorities than mine so... ymmv.
(not knocking the 400i, I own one. It's just not a match for the MSR)
All I know at this moment is that you are all very bad influences on me and my poor wallet :drunk: . MSR is a definite keeper for many reasons....Getting in and out is not its best aspect but overall its hard to beat on many levels:like:

Aramsolari

Space Marshal
Donor
May 9, 2019
RSI Handle
AramSolari
I'm liking both Ares.

As of now the Ion is the superior ship though. Not having to worry about ammo and superior accuracy over the Inferno (Which has too much 'spread' on it's ballistic gun) means that the Ion wins hands down.

Things are subject to change, however. I'm sure the Inferno will be competitive with some tweaks and future armor implementation.

Talonsbane

Space Marshal
Donor
Jul 29, 2017
RSI Handle
Talonsbane
The Genesis Starliner is currently listed at 85m long, 90m wide & 16m height. Unless they're planning on having the Starliner being slightly shorter in length & width (wingspan almost double) a 600i, I'm rather sure the Starliner will be growing by a considerable amount. My best guess, based on its concepted shape would be stretched in length to somewhere between a Cat & Carrack.

Reactions: Bambooza and Vavrik

Dirtbag_Leader

Admiral
Nov 27, 2020
RSI Handle
Dirtbag_Leader
Gosh I swear I must be missing something. Everyone seems to love the MSR, but I've had that ship since it came out and finally just CCU'd it to a Sentinel. Between the Cutlass and the Connie I just basically never used the thing. The long in/egress and poor solo firepower always made it a turnoff for DD duties for me. I like it, and want to love it, but just couldn't ever seem to log many hours in the thing. Am I still missing something huge that would make it worth say upgrading the Cutlass to it?

Bambooza

Space Marshal
Donor
Sep 25, 2017
RSI Handle
MrBambooza
Gosh I swear I must be missing something. Everyone seems to love the MSR, but I've had that ship since it came out and finally just CCU'd it to a Sentinel. Between the Cutlass and the Connie I just basically never used the thing. The long in/egress and poor solo firepower always made it a turnoff for DD duties for me. I like it, and want to love it, but just couldn't ever seem to log many hours in the thing. Am I still missing something huge that would make it worth say upgrading the Cutlass to it?
It currently suffers from a lack of in-game content. There is no data capturing or running no blockades to sneak across and so it has no real purpose in the verse as it doesn't have much cargo capacity no very strong weapons. So of the three current game loops (combat, trading, and mining) it like many other ships its simply a hangar queen.

Forgot your password?