Crypto discussion

Aramsolari

Space Marshal
Donor
May 9, 2019
RSI Handle
AramSolari
Any recommendations for up and coming crypto that has potential? (ie. not meme coins). I'm looking at Chainlink and Polkadot myself.

Reactions: Sirus7264

Sky Captain

Space Marshal
Donor
Oct 13, 2018
RSI Handle
TheSkyCaptain
I'm interested in crypto but it seems like a poor time to invest. The reason: The CAPE / Shiller PE Index suggests that market valuations are at near all time high in valuations vs profits. When that happens, the law of averages means that markets tend to go down more than up. And when the CAPE is really high as it is now, could the market be prone to a violet downward movement at some point? If that happens there will be fear. And if there is fear, there will be a tendency to move to cash .... not crypto. Will crypto be the first thing to be dumped (plummet in value) in the next panic?

Reactions: Bambooza

ThunderKraken

Space Marshal
Mar 30, 2016
RSI Handle
Thunder_Kraken
The issue with doge crypto is its infinite supply, yet in the US we turn on the money printer all the time in events deemed critical to stimulate the economy. Our politicians have first hand knowledge of this and they always inform their wealthy constituents. Queue the dump or sale of shares. Redistribution of wealth going on. Finally the stimulus kicks in. Everyone gets paid. Money gets actively used and we're all better for it for a time being. Ultimately all that extra stimulus money ends up going into corporations and wealthy individuals... where it just sits there doing nothing. Waiting for more stimulus money. Finally everything is alot more expensive and we need another stimulus.

My question would be, whats so wrong about leaving the money printer on??? Let the money flow and let people decide and build up value in whatever is working out for them. As it is, this finite currency business pretty much corporations are always going to find a way to hoard and build as much currency as possible.

Reactions: DirectorGunner

Bambooza

Space Marshal
Donor
Sep 25, 2017
RSI Handle
MrBambooza
My question would be, whats so wrong about leaving the money printer on??? Let the money flow and let people decide and build up value in whatever is working out for them. As it is, this finite currency business pretty much corporations are always going to find a way to hoard and build as much currency as possible.
This is a very complex question that I am not sure can be easily discussed in a forum post and in fact I am not sure even nobel economics prize winners agree on the mechanics of money movement.

What is known is that governments in the threshold of hyperinflation often get sucked into printing more and larger currency amounts in an attempt to alleviate the failing currency. What is needed is a balance in currency velocity of circulation between those who are holding on to it and those who are exchanging it.

Hyperinflation |Meaning,Causes,Effects,Examples,Conclusion|eFM

While its often thought of as only existing for a sovereignty it can also happen in a much smaller scale for a company stock and crypto currency in that its possible for a company to devalue their own stocks either by adding more stocks to the general pool or decreasing their network.

The biggest takeaway is that printing money reduces savings especially in areas like bonds, and savings accounts while helping those who are borrowing money.

Last edited:

Montoya

Administrator
Staff member
Oct 31, 2013
RSI Handle
Montoya
The issue with doge crypto is its infinite supply, yet in the US we turn on the money printer all the time in events deemed critical to stimulate the economy.
The biggest difference being that when I go into Target and buy milk with US Dollars, the cashier gladly accepts my dollars as a means of exchange.

If DOGE was widely used as a currency, then it might be a little different, but its not. SpaceX or who ever jumping on the hype and saying they will accept DOGE are just feeding short term hype. Once Elons constant tweets about DOGE start to lose effectiveness, the 14.4M fresh coins every week will eventually outpace demand.

ThunderKraken

Space Marshal
Mar 30, 2016
RSI Handle
Thunder_Kraken
I dont potentially see new coins being a problem if the currency were adopted. Probably because inflation is viewed as a negative and we are trying everything possible to control. Doge crypto I would argue pretty much flips the whole inflation argument upside down.

More people are born everyday.
More people enter the workforce everyday and need to get paid.
Bring costs down... I dunno lol

Bitcoin. If you die pretty much that bitcoin is never getting replaced. So now have to work with less and less fractions of bitcoins over time.

It makes sense to have a steady constant stream of currency for a growing world. Otherwise we're stuck trying to figure inflation and value of a dollar how big a slice of the pie you have to give an individual. Different math problems altogether I guess

ThunderKraken

Space Marshal
Mar 30, 2016
RSI Handle
Thunder_Kraken
Funny story. I convinced a friend to back Star Citizen. I told him it's the dogecoin of video games and it's going to be huuuuge one day.

Oddly enough both dogecoin and star citizen started around the same time. Coincidence?

Reactions: Sirus7264

Montoya

Administrator
Staff member
Oct 31, 2013
RSI Handle
Montoya
I dont potentially see new coins being a problem if the currency were adopted.
The problem is that while everything is going up, you do not have any problem holding $10,000 in DOGE in your wallet, because next week it may be $15,000, and the week after it may be $18,000.

Who cares about inflation or increasing supply? It just goes up!

Lets see how excited people are to hold DOGE when the next crypto bear market hits.

I would dare say majority of the new arrivals in crypto have never even seen a bear market, its just this myth that old people talk about.

If a deflationary coin like Bitcoin can drop 84% from top to bottom, can you imagine what could happen to DOGE?

1621205966619.png

Sirus7264

Space Marshal
Donor
Apr 5, 2017
RSI Handle
Sirus7264
The problem is that while everything is going up, you do not have any problem holding $10,000 in DOGE in your wallet, because next week it may be $15,000, and the week after it may be $18,000.

Who cares about inflation or increasing supply? It just goes up!

Lets see how excited people are to hold DOGE when the next crypto bear market hits.

I would dare say majority of the new arrivals in crypto have never even seen a bear market, its just this myth that old people talk about.

If a deflationary coin like Bitcoin can drop 84% from top to bottom, can you imagine what could happen to DOGE?

View attachment 20742
I'm in total agreement with this Dodgecoin is just a Meme coin just like AC fan token etc. There hasnt been any development in the coin either its litterally just another run of the mil crypto with no future. Coins like etherium bitcoin and litecoin etc have been working on their coins since day one(I don't know if litecoin is still being worked on or not) to speed up transaction times etc. People with dogecoin atm are under the stage of "FOMA" and they all want their peice of the pie seeing as others are getting super rich on it. It's going to crash her as soon as the bear market happens just like all of the other memecoins did last time and never recovered. It has no use and i don't see a real future for it just an actual ponzi scheme and alot of people are going to be crying when their life savings sudden up and vanish.

Reactions: Bambooza

Montoya

Administrator
Staff member
Oct 31, 2013
RSI Handle
Montoya
Coins like etherium bitcoin and litecoin etc have been working on their coins since day one
Right, so this is the big difference this time around.

Simply being a coin or token for the sake of being a coin or token has worked in the past. Going forward, ETH will likely flip BTC as the biggest by market cap. Uniswap, Cardano, Polka and all the other coins with actual use and function are the next generation of defi and dapps that going to lead the sector into the future.

BTC will always have that first mover advantage, but like Netscape, that does not guarantee market dominance.

Aramsolari

Space Marshal
Donor
May 9, 2019
RSI Handle
AramSolari
TBH I want to see dogecoin shoot to $100 a coin and then crash hard, for the legendary stories that will come of it. I don't have any dogecoin, I just want to see you all sell high and get rich before the next crash.
You assume we own DOGE? :thump:

Sirus7264

Space Marshal
Donor
Apr 5, 2017
RSI Handle
Sirus7264
TBH I want to see dogecoin shoot to $100 a coin and then crash hard, for the legendary stories that will come of it. I don't have any dogecoin, I just want to see you all sell high and get rich before the next crash.
If dogecoin makes it that high and crashes hard its going to cause mass distrust in crypto in general and only a lucky few are going to be stupid rich. someone has to lose for someone to gain.

Aramsolari

Space Marshal
Donor
May 9, 2019
RSI Handle
AramSolari
If dogecoin makes it that high and crashes hard its going to cause mass distrust in crypto in general and only a lucky few are going to be stupid rich. someone has to lose for someone to gain.
Yeah that's why many of the more level headed Crypto proponents have had a negative view of Doge and 'celebrity' investors like Elon for awhile now. Stunts like what he has pulled isn't good for Crypto.

Jolly_Green_Giant

Space Marshal
Donor
Jun 25, 2016
RSI Handle
Jolly_Green_Giant
My thought process: "This is hilarious, what If it does end up taking off? Im gonna be pretty mad if by some strange ways of meme magic it takes off again and I didn't play along with all the cool kids."

Its like a kickstarter for me. I have already accepted the loss before ive even bought in. Im just trading it on Robinhood for now, and I bought an equal amount in bitcoin. Maybe ill learn something from this.

Forgot your password?