Curious to know your opinions

XehnRage

Vice Admiral
Mar 3, 2016
RSI Handle
XehnRage
Okay, so over the last couple days I've really become aware of this guy, Derek Smart. I've read multiple article about him and his working in the Indie community and haven't really been able to figure out his complete hatred for the game. It's almost like he feels that Chris Roberts stole his idea. Yet there are so many games out there today with the same concept.

I can understand his concerns for some of the delays and talking of scrapping certain parts of the project, but this guy has gone past complete retard and gone potato.

Looking at his Twitter, he mentions something about SC almost every tweet. Does he not understand that even negative publicity is still publicity and he's still creating name for the community. Because once people realize he's wrong, they either wait for a free weekend or they buy a $40 package.

I'm not looking to create a shit storm of he's wrong, you're wrong, I'm looking to get feedback so I myself can understand what's going on with this. I love SC and can't wait to start doing more in the Verse than just flying to the 13 points or what ever we have currently.

WarrenPeace

Space Marshal
Jul 17, 2014
RSI Handle
Shortspark
Is he still a thing? I honestly can't remember hearing anything about him for the last few months.

Carlos Spicyweiner

Space Marshal
Donor
Oct 14, 2015
RSI Handle
DMGunslinger
His last name is a misnomer.

He is saddled with a name he can never achieve. This causes him angst. In his angst, he lashes out at any and all who have achieved the state for which he is named.

He is a sad, sad man.
You should be a sycic...I mean psico...er,...physco....headshrinker. Yeah, that's it...a headshrinker!

Bigcracker

Space Marshal
Feb 2, 2015
RSI Handle
Bigcracker8789
Dsmart likes to start shit and blast other projects when his games are garbage. This is not the first project he tried to do this to (His game he compares to star citizen is the same game he said Planetside 2 was ripping off of and still not yet released). If you look at his game on steam he bans anyone that criticizes it and threatens to sue more people than Donald Trump.

Blind Owl

Hallucinogenic Owl
Donor
Nov 27, 2015
RSI Handle
BlindOwl
Big wurds an gooder grammar is the basic things of a civil civilization...'n stuff.
Indeed good sir, methinks that linguistics and education are indeed the cornerstones and foundations of the civilized world. Education and learned men will strive to build rather than destroy.

(I think I managed to sound even more pretentious than normal)

XehnRage

Vice Admiral
Mar 3, 2016
RSI Handle
XehnRage
Dsmart likes to start shit and blast other projects when his games are garbage. This is not the first project he tried to do this to (His game he compares to star citizen is the same game he said Planetside 2 was ripping off of and still not yet released). If you look at his game on steam he bans anyone that criticizes it and threatens to sue more people than Donald Trump.

This tempts me to do some trolling...

Reactions: Blind Owl

Buzz Lightyear

Commander
Feb 16, 2016
RSI Handle
Buzz-Light-Year
Okay, so over the last couple days I've really become aware of this guy, Derek Smart. I've read multiple article about him and his working in the Indie community and haven't really been able to figure out his complete hatred for the game. It's almost like he feels that Chris Roberts stole his idea. Yet there are so many games out there today with the same concept.

I can understand his concerns for some of the delays and talking of scrapping certain parts of the project, but this guy has gone past complete retard and gone potato.

Looking at his Twitter, he mentions something about SC almost every tweet. Does he not understand that even negative publicity is still publicity and he's still creating name for the community. Because once people realize he's wrong, they either wait for a free weekend or they buy a $40 package.

I'm not looking to create a shit storm of he's wrong, you're wrong, I'm looking to get feedback so I myself can understand what's going on with this. I love SC and can't wait to start doing more in the Verse than just flying to the 13 points or what ever we have currently.
He's obviously not jealous haha

Reactions: Blind Owl
Forgot your password?