current ship speeds

Shadow Reaper

Space Marshal
Jun 3, 2016
RSI Handle
Shadow Reaper
https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/1hjjIC_Ad5exOepLqVh1hWda5f5yhxcWfm2ZOZOUGjKQ/edit#gid=2017483879

Great to have handy when looking at fleet composition. For instance, its is nice to know Avengers, Hornets Reliants and Vanguards all have about the same movement. Hornets are not going to cross large distances and attack Reliants without the later being able to escape. The same cannot be said when being chased by Glaives, Mustangs, any 300 series, or Scythes. Its worth knowing if you can outrun the Vanduul, etc. Connies, Tallies and Star G's are all about the same speed, etc.

Han Burgundy

Space Marshal
Jan 15, 2016
RSI Handle
Han-Burgundy
I foresee a few balancing passes once they open up the sandbox a bit and get more data on how we, the players, intend to use the ships. What I'm excited for is eventually (if I understand correctly) being able to fiddle with our components to squeeze a few more precious m/s out of the drives. That mechanic alone would make for exciting scenarios where something like an aurora can be a "street sleeper" (A crappy looking every-man ship that is secretly faster than shit [within reason, of course]) I shall pride myself on my modifications!

Black Sunder

Rock Raiders
Officer
Jun 19, 2014
RSI Handle
Black_Sunder
Sweet, it's going to be interesting to see how speeds have changed between now and when SC releases. Is there anything similar for maneuverability.
Will you be providing a comparison column with the change(+/-) when 2.6 is released from what they are at present?

Reactions: AstroSam

DeepDrum

Captain
Jun 27, 2016
RSI Handle
DeepDrum
I like the way a spreadsheet gives you so much information at a glance and the possibilities of manipulating the information are endless. Thanks Shadow Reaper

Reactions: AstroSam
Forgot your password?