Cutlass Or Andromeda

Crichten

Admiral
May 23, 2017
RSI Handle
Im_batman
So, I'm thinking of getting the Andromeda and upgrading my line up a spot.

I have a cutlass Blue at the moment which I was thinking of combining with a few quid to create a Andromeda.

My main consideration is 'should I' but also will I be able to use the Andromeda very well?
I have a Sabre Raven, Herald, and Avenger Titan at the moment, as well as a Nox, Dragonfly and Cyclone.

If I upgrade the LTI Cutlass, will I be able to use a Buyback token to get the LTI back?

Kenlee

Space Marshal
Apr 30, 2017
RSI Handle
Kenlee
So, I'm thinking of getting the Andromeda and upgrading my line up a spot.

I have a cutlass Blue at the moment which I was thinking of combining with a few quid to create a Andromeda.

My main consideration is 'should I' but also will I be able to use the Andromeda very well?
I have a Sabre Raven, Herald, and Avenger Titan at the moment, as well as a Nox, Dragonfly and Cyclone.

If I upgrade the LTI Cutlass, will I be able to use a Buyback token to get the LTI back?
The LTI Token will always be a part of the package whether you upgrade it or not. So if you upgrade your LTI Cutlass to an Andromeda, that will also have LTI. If you decide to melt the package and buy it back with a token, it still has LTI on. So you good!

BUTUZ

Space Marshal
Donor
Apr 8, 2016
RSI Handle
BUTUZ
What do you want to do in life? The cutlass is very versatile, good guns, relatively fast and manouverable, good storage area, can fly solo, can multicrew if needed.

The Connie is a bit of a lumbering beast at the mo - no use for shooting, bit of a cargo boat really.

Vavrik

Space Marshal
Donor
Sep 19, 2017
RSI Handle
Vavrik
If you have a Cutlass, then a Connie Andromeda is going to seem like a BIG step. But that step is going to be in the wrong direction every time there's combat. And it will often be facing the wrong direction too. Especially when someone is shooting at you. Keep the Cutlass.

Mich Angel

Space Marshal
Donor
Sep 19, 2016
RSI Handle
ARCHANGEL_666
For the moment as is, I would stick with the Cutlass Blue and get a Black too if you fly solo a lot of time.
( Edit: Cutlass Black is the loaner ship for the Blue so at the moment you should have a Black so a new would not be needed at the moment )

As Butuz said the Connie is more of a cargo boat at the moment even if you have very competent crew and gunners in it it's still no match to take it down with a single pilot in a Hornet or any fighter for that mattter.

The Cutlass how ever even single pilot can put up a sever fight against a fighter add gunner in it and odds get even better.

Cutlass Black can also carry quiet a large amount of cargo and all Cutlass have a lot stronger armor than any of the Connies.

The Blue is suppose to have a lot more armor and be stronger due to it's intended role as police/bounty hunting and holding cell transport.

Cheers! :beers::beers::beers::beer::beer::beer::beers:

Last edited:

Mich Angel

Space Marshal
Donor
Sep 19, 2016
RSI Handle
ARCHANGEL_666
Roger,
Will save my pennies and throw them at something else then.
May have to look at getting a Prospector to make the monies
I have the Prospector and even if you count out the mining part of it, it's one of my top favorite explorer ship the view you have in that ship when flying around over planets are to say the least spectacular and I think only a 600i would have a better view as is at the moment.

So from what I know now owning one I would bought the Prospector just for the view you have in it and I can say it is actually a very agile ship.
A lot more agile then I ever expected it to be it is not far of to say it almost got fighter flight characteristics which make it even more fun to fly when exploring surface of a moon/planet...

Canyon flying in it is awesome.

Then add to that if you find some goodies to mine and that it got bed, toilet and a ( small food facility not in use at the moment but it got it )
It shore is one heck of a useful ship.

CHEERS!

:beers::beer::beers::beer::beer::beers:

Last edited:

Arcturos

Commander
May 21, 2018
RSI Handle
Ransford
I went from a Black to a Taurus for which the loaner is an Andromeda. I do alright even without gunners. The ship packs a punch. Yes, its slow to turn but Decoupled is your friend. I enjoy it a lot more than the Black. I just love the fact that it's got a proper living quarters. And I love the look of it.

Also, if a good fighter pilot engages you, you are going to get blown up regardless. I was fighting with the Black, I had a 'Lancer after that and fought with it - they kept winning. So I decided - I'm gonna get my ass handed to me anyway, why not get a Connie. Always wanted one anyway. I was quite surprised when I was able to fend off mediocre pilots with it. So I stuck with it.

Just my 2 cents (rather unpopular 2 cents, but still I felt the need to throw them into the mix :D)

Printimus

Space Marshal
Officer
Donor
Dec 22, 2015
RSI Handle
Printimus
Nobody can decide for you, it all depends on your playstyle and what you want to do in the game. Do your research, ask friends to borrow their ships,
This makes sense,

Who's got an Andromeda I can borrow haha
Thats what im here for. Not the andromeda part, but the making sense part....lol

Mich Angel

Space Marshal
Donor
Sep 19, 2016
RSI Handle
ARCHANGEL_666
@Mich Angel I agree, the window on the Prospector is lovely! Never thought to use it the way you explained it, sounds like fun.

:joy:

Yeah @BlackLoot it's a great little ship to explore and get to know the planets, canyons and you have the bed in it so you could log out more or less where ever you want and get going the next time where you left of. :smile:

I love flying it, it is so different from all the others with that big open window and it is fast and have a fair small profile so not easy to hit either.. a great little medium size ship. just love it.

Edit: a tip, before you take of make shore you LOCK the doors then no one can sneak in to it, or when you where to go outside it no one can enter since door auto close directly when you enter or leave it. The one ship I never had stolen from me since I always have my ships door locked.

:beers::beers::beer::beer::beer::beers::beers::beers::beer::beer:

Crichten

Admiral
May 23, 2017
RSI Handle
Im_batman
:joy:

Yeah @BlackLoot it's a great little ship to explore and get to know the planets, canyons and you have the bed in it so you could log out more or less where ever you want and get going the next time where you left of. :smile:

I love flying it, it is so different from all the others with that big open window and it is fast and have a fair small profile so not easy to hit either.. a great little medium size ship. just love it.

Edit: a tip, before you take of make shore you LOCK the doors then no one can sneak in to it, or when you where to go outside it no one can enter since door auto close directly when you enter or leave it. The one ship I never had stolen from me since I always have my ships door locked.

:beers::beers::beer::beer::beer::beers::beers::beers::beer::beer:

Also IF you didn't know, but If you hit the 'Stealth' button on the HUD you drop out of Quantum where ever you are, so you can really really find some dead end spot.

Used to use a Similar Tactic in EVE to create Super Safe's

Forgot your password?