Cutty spawns with no doors or components

Xious

Admiral
Dec 4, 2018
RSI Handle
Xious11
I see some people have reported having a similar issue but even after filing another claim on the ship, it still spawns with no doors of components.

I went to my hanger to check the ship loadout manager and could see that even the preview ship shows missing doors and no cockpit canopy.

The module slots show "empty". I tried deleting the user folder but no change.

Any suggestions?

Reactions: Deroth

Deroth

Space Marshal
Donor
Sep 28, 2017
RSI Handle
Deroth1
I've seen comments in-game that you have to contact CIG for an account reset. Not sure how accurate that is as I haven't had to deal with this issue.

Reactions: Xious

Xious

Admiral
Dec 4, 2018
RSI Handle
Xious11
I've seen comments in-game that you have to contact CIG for an account reset. Not sure how accurate that is as I haven't had to deal with this issue.
Yeah, tech support says they'll have to do a reset and wipe my stuffz... is what it is I guess

Reactions: Deroth

Xious

Admiral
Dec 4, 2018
RSI Handle
Xious11
UPDATE:

Ok I had tech support reset the account back to default and of course the Cutty was back to normal.

After the last wipe, I thought the component bug was gone so I went ahead and added some load-out changes and after some testing found that the component bug was back and the ship is FUBAR again.

I'm thinking of just melting it this time and buying it again or just buying a different ship.

Any suggestions for a ship with a good stock loadout for bounty hunting and a little space for cargo boxes?

Photonz_SC

Captain
Donor
Sep 10, 2019
RSI Handle
Photonz
UPDATE:

Ok I had tech support reset the account back to default and of course the Cutty was back to normal.

After the last wipe, I thought the component bug was gone so I went ahead and added some load-out changes and after some testing found that the component bug was back and the ship is FUBAR again.

I'm thinking of just melting it this time and buying it again or just buying a different ship.

Any suggestions for a ship with a good stock loadout for bounty hunting and a little space for cargo boxes?

325A

Reactions: Xious

Zookajoe

Space Marshal
Donor
Nov 6, 2016
RSI Handle
Zookajoe
I am a Freelancer fan, I think of it as an upgrade from the Cutty:
You have two med shields instead of a single medium shield, and each of those shields has half again as many HP as the Cutty single shield. Also, when armor is an ingame thing, the Freelancer will have heavier armor than the Cutty, it already has twice the HP of the Cutty. It can also carry 20 more SCU than the Cutty, but has the annoying extenders coming down from the Turret, that is supposed to be fixed. Hopefully soon.

Now, the Cutty does have a few options over the Freelancer:
It is faster and more manueverable than the Lancer. It can have 6 size 3 weapons if you go fixed for all but the turret, but comes stock with 4 size 2 gimbaled weapons and the two size 3's in the turret. All of which can fire forward, compared to the 4 turreted (basically gimbaled) size three weapons and the two size two weapons (in a turret that cannot fire forward) on the Lancer.
It has 8 size 2 and 8 size 4 missiles, to the Lancers 4 size 3 and 4 size 2 missiles.

Below is the stock loadout DPS

Cutlass DPS:
DAMAGE
weapon

1224dps
turret

880dps
missile

61757 damage

Freelancer DPS:
DAMAGE
weapon

1568dps
turret

458dps
missile

31617 damage

Xious

Admiral
Dec 4, 2018
RSI Handle
Xious11
Decisions decisions... I've decided to buy them all. Heh heh just kiddin'.

This is a free fly week so I'll wait and see what these five ships are and go from there.

I wasn't familiar with the 325 so I checked out this video and have to say... it's damn impressive.

View: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8ub59Dntmkg

I checked it out on the site and noticed the available custom options and was unexpectedly drawn in. At first I didn't take it too seriously but after some experimentation, I was caught like a fish on a hook.

Radegast74

Space Marshal
Oct 8, 2016
RSI Handle
Radegast74
That bug is damn annoying (spawning without components). Anecdotally, the Cutty seems to be more affected than other ships...

In any case, you shouldn't have to buy another ship...but if you do, I'm sure you will enjoy it, lol.

Don't forget about the Freelancer MIS!

Reactions: Deroth and Xious
Forgot your password?