Other Damage Control

black monday

Commander
May 26, 2016
RSI Handle
blackmonday
Who cleans up after all the space battles, wars and various incursions? As I consider my new life in the 'verse I'm being drawn to post battle salvage and clearing as this has the potential to be extremely profitable. This profession could also be done whilst drunk so there can be much beer drinking as well...

Stubieroo

Space Marshal
Nov 9, 2015
RSI Handle
Stubieroo
The best thing would be to find a military ship graveyard, pull 'em apart for parts and sell them. I'm sure that there's a bunch of loot out there to find, sell and repair. Plus we gotta giant Aurora fleet that's gonna be blown up, so we can salvage our own ships and profit (especially if they're covered with LTI!) WE WILL LIVE LIKE KINGS! JUNKYARD KINGS BUT KINGS NONETHELESS!!!!

Mog_No_1

Captain
Donor
May 3, 2016
RSI Handle
Yes I agree, money to be made here, bugger getting my shoes wet mining on some shithole asteroid. I'll just spend my time snooping through peoples mess and belongings! :rolleyes: Have me a Reclaimer and for a bare minimim if wrecks are in short supply I can always wrap my LTI 890Jump around an unmovable object. Even better, a new use for the LTI Javelin of Murderer if it ends up staying in the org, would be abit of salvage there, what to fly it into though? o_O Will be interested to see some information how all the salvaging side will work!

Mog_No_1

Captain
Donor
May 3, 2016
RSI Handle

Blind Owl

Hallucinogenic Owl
Donor
Nov 27, 2015
RSI Handle
BlindOwl
I plan on buying the small salvage ship when they introduce her. Probably be me last ship. Probably. Ha.

That being said, Rock Raiders have a salvage division. That's where I'll be hanging my hat for the majority of operations. @Black Sunder has a vision and a plan. Look to be good times. Y'all should check it out.

black monday

Commander
May 26, 2016
RSI Handle
blackmonday
Books? o_O People still have those? :eek: The last book I read(sorta) was a Starwars book and got about 4/5th through it about 5 years ago.....there it has sat ever since!
I grew up with books and computers and will always use both. You should see the custom book shelves in my 325A. I know.... it's a fighter but I bought it for just... well, being so awesome. And having space for books.

Last edited:
Reactions: Rolo and Blind Owl

Mog_No_1

Captain
Donor
May 3, 2016
RSI Handle
I grew up with books and computers and will always use both. You shoals see the custom bookshelves in my 325A. I know.... it's a fighter but I bought it for just... well, being so awesome. And having space for books.
Best make the most of them, a combinations of the greens (hippies) and Kindels or similar will kill off those paper backs before you know it. Id rather wait for the movie anyway! :D

Shadow Reaper

Space Marshal
Jun 3, 2016
RSI Handle
Shadow Reaper
This seems to me to dovetail nicely with the thread about kicking Vanduul butt in Virgil space. Partner a Reclaimer crew with a Warlock or Reliant with an EMP generator and one hopes you could pull down big pesos disassembling Vanduul craft of all sorts, even including the smaller cap ships. My guess is some ships are worth keeping intact, but others like the cheap fighters probably not, since there won't be a market for ships you can't insure. There will be a market for stockpiles of laser components, shield generators and the like. If a Reclaimer crew can jump to precision coordinates, tractor an immobilized craft into their scrapping bay, and jump back out again in just a few minutes, that sounds like a winning strategy to me. I'd love to work with a crew like that as the point man, pulsing the Vandal scum into submission.

And I want to collect their personal weapons. . .its a thing. Easier and more tasteful than mounting their heads on the wall.

Last edited:
Reactions: Blind Owl

Stoutman

Space Marshal
May 1, 2016
RSI Handle
Stoutman
I have a Crucible which will be doing repairs and salvaging ships as well. The perfect day would be to hang out near a major battle going on, repairing those ships which limp back. Then after the battle is done, go salvage all the junk floating around. Great way to pick up all the spare parts I need for repairs. LOL

I also have a Starfarer and a Cutlass Red, so I plan on using some NPCs to have a mobile repair fleet which can be in a different place every day!

Forgot your password?