Damaged Keyboard?

MastahZero

Rear Admiral
May 27, 2016
RSI Handle
MastahZero
Just a question, are you still covered under warranty? I mean you could always give RMA'ing the keyboard a shot if you get in touch with the company. Try it after you get the new keyboard so there's no major downtime and if all goes well, you can resell the RMA'd keyboard and get back your money.

DeepDrum

Captain
Jun 27, 2016
RSI Handle
DeepDrum
I did the same about 30 years ago. ;)
The old stubby bottles didn't tip as easily and they felt better on your lips.
Nowadays one puts something that feels like a bolt between the lips.
I recall being extremely angry when they changed that up. Then the new bottle tipped over. grrrr.
A disaster cleanup friend of mine puts all that stuff in an oven overnight for flood cleanups. NOT a microwave.
I forget the temp or time frame but it works most times apparently.
I doubt you'd have as much luck with the newer electronic filled keyboards Like my G910.
I have done it with other electronics however such as control systems for salt and sand spreaders with water damage.
Success was maybe 20%.

Gneissnoggin

Admiral
Feb 7, 2016
RSI Handle
Gneissnoggin
Get a sheet or some aluminum foil, liberally pour rice over all of it, put in freezer overnight. This will suck the moisture out of you electronic piece. Clean with rubbing alcohol and vacuum of any rice and dust. If it still is non responsive you probably arced your membrane on those keys.

Forgot your password?