Daring to Dream

Metal-Muffin

Space Marshal
Aug 28, 2015
RSI Handle
Metal-Muffin
I am building a simpit that will be using a Raspberry Pi running an application I am building in Python/Kivy (I am currently teaching myself for this application) and a touch screen. I am building this as a game controller. The idea is to use Star Citizen graphics (shield, power, and other systems (not imported from the game)) displayed on the screen and interact with it thru the 'touch' interface to send key commands via Arduino to my gaming pc. I would also like to build the ARK Starmap into the application for immersion. My question is, is it possible to link directly to the Starmap without having to go to the RSI website? I would like to be able to 'press' the "Starmap" button and have the map load directly onto the screen, full screen, without having to interact with the welcome screen. Ideally, I'd like to save the Starmap as a local file and run it directly from the application with full pinch and zoom capability. I have asked others and they do not know how/if it can be done.

To piggyback on this, I would like to build, for the purpose of the application, a database of ships that, when you, say- select the Hornet, it brings up the 'holo viewer' image of the ship, full screen, with the functioning view options (zoom, rotate…) without having to load the entire ship detail page. Loading the data from RSI servers is functional, but having the ability to save the data locally would be more ideal for my average bandwidth at home. Again, it seems to be unknown if this is possible, but it'd be a neat future if I could get it to work.

Is there any guidance someone can give me in accomplishing this?

Printimus

Space Marshal
Officer
Donor
Dec 22, 2015
RSI Handle
Printimus
One of the fellow Rock Raiders just launched a website with a detailed map and such, B3aT is his name. He is really good with programming. He might be able to help you out if you give him a holler.

Reactions: Metal-Muffin
Forgot your password?