DAWN OF WAR III

Grimzar

Vice Admiral
Feb 16, 2016
RSI Handle
Grimzar
Well it mention on the main web that they are combining the trait for DOW1 & 2. Also it will be more epic scale that they are including Imperial Knights and other faction race version of it so that just one step closer of eventual having a future game (fingers cross) to control Legio Titanticus.

You know with the recent VR headset that are out...i wonder if they can make a game where you are looking through the eyes of Titan Princeps or Titan walking through epic chaotic scale warfare laying waste

Bigcracker

Space Marshal
Feb 2, 2015
RSI Handle
Bigcracker8789
COLOSSAL CLASHES
Prepare for more epic action as you wage war with massive armies across landscapes full of volcanic terrain or on battlecruisers in space.

First ingame screen shots. As @Grimzar said they are looking to combine both styles of DOW1 and 2. Large squads, fighting animations and special death animations, build-able defense and cover.

Commander calling in a orbital strike!

Wraith guard holding the line against a Imperial Knight

Scarthian

The Shadow Broker
Feb 10, 2014
RSI Handle
Scarthian
Looking forward to it. I know there is a lot of hype around the Total Warhammer but I prefer the 40k universe just seems so bad ass. Wouldn't mind a new Space Marine as well. Who knows though been a lot of Warhammer related games coming out lately it seems things looking good overall.

Beerjerker

Grand Admiral
Sep 8, 2015
RSI Handle
Beerjerker
Looking forward to it. I know there is a lot of hype around the Total Warhammer but I prefer the 40k universe just seems so bad ass. Wouldn't mind a new Space Marine as well. Who knows though been a lot of Warhammer related games coming out lately it seems things looking good overall.
I've been keeping an eye on Eternal Crusade, which is supposed to be like a 40k 3rd person Planetside 2. Not sure if it's available for early access, but I backed it and have beta (or alpha?) access. It still has a long long way to go to live up to that. Looks a lot like Space Marine though.
Wish someone would make a 40k version of Mordheim. Closest simulation to turn based table top Warhammer I've seen so far, but on a rather small scale (5-7 unit squads as opposed to armies).
Skeptical of Total Warhammer as every previous Total War game has come out so buggy that it barely worked. Waiting for reputable reviews.

Scarthian

The Shadow Broker
Feb 10, 2014
RSI Handle
Scarthian
I've been keeping an eye on Eternal Crusade, which is supposed to be like a 40k 3rd person Planetside 2. Not sure if it's available for early access, but I backed it and have beta (or alpha?) access. It still has a long long way to go to live up to that. Looks a lot like Space Marine though.
Wish someone would make a 40k version of Mordheim. Closest simulation to turn based table top Warhammer I've seen so far, but on a rather small scale (5-7 unit squads as opposed to armies).
Skeptical of Total Warhammer as every previous Total War game has come out so buggy that it barely worked. Waiting for reputable reviews.
Eternal Crusade is interesting I just don't know the viability of a MMO type for this particular genre. Feel like it is a bit untested waters for them besides the failed Warhammer MMO. Hopefully turns out well though, as for Mordheim I picked that up as well and find myself enjoying it a fair bit. Would not mind a 40k version of that.

Reactions: Beerjerker

Scarthian

The Shadow Broker
Feb 10, 2014
RSI Handle
Scarthian
Honestly this doesn't look good to me. I'm predicting a lot of unhappy people.
Well the problem is I think they will need to strike a good in between the first and the second. Many people loved aspects of the first while others loved aspects of the second. If they can just grab the best of each world I think it will really bring people around. Problem is as with most games with previous titles. Finding not only that good balance that will bring around the old fan base but also making some uniqueness to draw in the new crowd.

As I have said before I really enjoy the Warhammer series and while I may not like some over others the fact the interest and buying of the new crowd means more games. I may like only 1 of 3 made but that one may not exist without that fresh blood. So here's to holding out hope that its even better than I am expecting or at least hits my expectations.

Forgot your password?