Design Notes: Electronic Warfare

Serious Table

Admiral
Nov 29, 2014
RSI Handle
Serious_Table
This sounds fun. Especially the data spike missiles! I'm glad to see they're going into more depth than "EM means they can't see you!". Hell, it's got me excited enough that I'm going to grab a Vanguard Sentinel!

WarrenPeace

Space Marshal
Jul 17, 2014
RSI Handle
Shortspark
Oh boy. That means that I am going to get extra tricksy with my Herald. Low sig setup to hide, then just take over the enemy vessel as soon as they're in range.

NeoHelios_SC

Vice Admiral
Apr 18, 2015
RSI Handle
NeoHelios_SC
This is getting complicated.

EW to some degree, sure, but the full extent of CIG's idea is... well.. very enthusiastic, even for my tastes (that is saying something). Like, "Oh 'I' think I have an idea of who spent all night up late snorting crank & gunpowder, doing espresso jello shots off the Marketing VP's stomach..."

Totally reminds me of this episode. FF to 5:41

150 years from now, people are going to look back at this flavor of EW as quaintly as we look back at Jules Verne's Journey to the Center of the Earth (1864) as we condescending chuckle, "Silly Rabbit! THAT'S not how Electronic Warfare works!"

WarrenPeace

Space Marshal
Jul 17, 2014
RSI Handle
Shortspark
Well, no, I don't expect this to be at all realistic to what we might expect out of future EWAR... but it looks entertaining, and that's ultimately what is most important I think.

NeoHelios_SC

Vice Admiral
Apr 18, 2015
RSI Handle
NeoHelios_SC
Well, no, I don't expect this to be at all realistic to what we might expect out of future EWAR... but it looks entertaining, and that's ultimately what is most important I think.
Some tongue in cheek humor in my post, but you have a good point.
Really, the root of my concern is that I'm afraid that I won't be able to keep up with the game.

Forgot your password?