designing my future flight cockpit

Duckforceone

Captain
Feb 25, 2016
RSI Handle
Duckforceone
So i am doing this slowly.
Planning out what i would want in the future.

Basically i want to make my desk into a super efficient flight cockpit.

this is my current idea

3 screens running game in ultra widescreen, for maximum overview.
Last screen to run streaming software or just browsing. Possible to hook it up to an alternate computer.

a hotas setup (i'm waiting on the new one from saitek with trackballs and touch interface)

2 tablets running something like ROCCAT powergrid for easy ingame commands and computer controls like volume and the likes. Perhaps one to controll chat channels and comms

A full backlit keyboard, i have the Logitech G19 with a screen and macro keys.

Arm rests, if it's needed for a long long flight. Even thinking a cup holder for all my coffee.
Might even move the boiler over next to me on the left.

I also have several old android mobiles, i would love to incorporate into the setup.
And in the end i would love to end up with something looking like a flight cockpit. But that's far off though.

what do you guys think?
any ideas?

Duckforceone

Captain
Feb 25, 2016
RSI Handle
Duckforceone
OMG wow, this is amazing. The only thing I would like to suggest are LED back lighting (helps with eye strain and improves aesthetics) and a buttkicker.
oh yeah, that would be rather cool, i'll have to add that...

Duckforceone

Captain
Feb 25, 2016
RSI Handle
Duckforceone
not that expensive, just going to require a bit of wood and paint for most of it...

only expensive part is the hotas, once it releases in a year or two... :D

this is my current setup.

Duckforceone

Captain
Feb 25, 2016
RSI Handle
Duckforceone
haha come summer i will probably need that with all the heat this setup is going to output... :D

GeneticPredator

Space Marshal
Jan 13, 2016
RSI Handle
GeneticPredator
Wow really cool ideas! I would love to have something like that!

Please keep us updated on how it all works out.

Oh and that coffee/beer mug holder is a must!!

you'll probably need two coffee boilers, just to be safe :)

Reactions: Duckforceone

Duckforceone

Captain
Feb 25, 2016
RSI Handle
Duckforceone
Wow really cool ideas! I would love to have something like that!

Please keep us updated on how it all works out.

Oh and that coffee/beer mug holder is a must!!

you'll probably need two coffee boilers, just to be safe :)

will do.

good idea, more coffee.

And i already bought one of those hospital thingies you can pee in. :D
now i just need a shitbucket

Reactions: GeneticPredator

TheWoad

ADI Spai
Feb 15, 2015
RSI Handle
Woady McWoadface
So i am doing this slowly.
Planning out what i would want in the future.

Basically i want to make my desk into a super efficient flight cockpit.

this is my current idea

3 screens running game in ultra widescreen, for maximum overview.
Last screen to run streaming software or just browsing. Possible to hook it up to an alternate computer.

a hotas setup (i'm waiting on the new one from saitek with trackballs and touch interface)

2 tablets running something like ROCCAT powergrid for easy ingame commands and computer controls like volume and the likes. Perhaps one to controll chat channels and comms

A full backlit keyboard, i have the Logitech G19 with a screen and macro keys.

Arm rests, if it's needed for a long long flight. Even thinking a cup holder for all my coffee.
Might even move the boiler over next to me on the left.

I also have several old android mobiles, i would love to incorporate into the setup.
And in the end i would love to end up with something looking like a flight cockpit. But that's far off though.

what do you guys think?
any ideas?
This is fantastic! I would recommend a bucket seat. It puts you closer to the ground and you can build some kind of footrest reminiscent of rudder pedals for further immersion. You can build this whole setup out of plexiglass. It would shed some weight and see-through desk=win. Also using plexiglass means you're only limited by your imagination.Best of luck and when you start building you need to keep us updated with WIP pics.

TheWoad

ADI Spai
Feb 15, 2015
RSI Handle
Woady McWoadface
btw this was my starting thoughts a few years ago when star citizen was announced

just don't get too crazy. More touch screens means more 'stuff' on separate screens which means you will be taking your hands off controls more often. Probably not the smartest idea in the middle of a dogfight to be constantly taking you hands off your HOTAS

Reactions: Duckforceone

Duckforceone

Captain
Feb 25, 2016
RSI Handle
Duckforceone
just don't get too crazy. More touch screens means more 'stuff' on separate screens which means you will be taking your hands off controls more often. Probably not the smartest idea in the middle of a dogfight to be constantly taking you hands off your HOTAS
well i don't plan on dogfighting that often, i plan on farming noble gasses with tophats, or was that asshats? and hauling it around and be a semi space trucker in my flying house... :D

Forgot your password?