Desperately seeking an i-5

Hydro_Axis

Space Marshal
Mar 3, 2015
RSI Handle
RedBeerdz
My current system is crap, but can be upgraded to perform at a level to contend in most games. ATM I'm in desperate need of an i-5 CPU LGA 1155 socket to get this POS up to par to play some newer games including SC. I plan to build a new rig next year, but until then I need to upgrade this thing so that I can partake in all the splender of AC and others. I'd be willing to pay someone a bit a cash to have it shipped here, so if anyone has upgraded to an i-7 and has an old i-5 they aren't using. I would be much obliged. PM me and we can work something out.

Azmodeth

Grand Admiral
Jun 10, 2015
RSI Handle
Azmodeth
I don't understand, you want to buy new, and no one vendor ships to you ?
If you want help getting it bought and shipped to you, let me know.
I will help if I can. Just find the listing or whatever you want to buy from etc..

UnderSc0re

Space Marshal
Mar 17, 2015
RSI Handle
UnderSc0re
I think he's looking for used. Sorry man I wish could help you out. I'm currently pricing out an z97 i5 or i7 build this week. All I have right now is an old AM3.

Hydro_Axis

Space Marshal
Mar 3, 2015
RSI Handle
RedBeerdz
Thanks RussianJ, but WarrenPeace hooked me up w/ a 2500k he had collecting dust. Should be here in a few days then i can stream and play at the same time :D

Reactions: Annitias

CitizenDad

Space Marshal
Donor
Nov 3, 2014
RSI Handle
SlvmL0rd
Thanks RussianJ, but WarrenPeace hooked me up w/ a 2500k he had collecting dust. Should be here in a few days then i can stream and play at the same time :D
Don't stream and play with an i5 please. The degradation will be unreal on an old ass i5 like that. If you want to do ANY streaming or even multi-tasking make sure you have an i7 or Xeon that is designed for that workload. Your i5 will degrade like a somabitch and give you less than standard performance right from the get go. She is designed to only do gaming, or only do streaming, not the both.

But, you won't listen to sound advice, people rarely do, still I had to do my part and WarrenPeace is one helluva dude that is for sure. @WarrenPeace I should have some stuff with your name on it sooner or later and did you get those Batman and Witcher 3 codes we sent you?

WarrenPeace

Space Marshal
Jul 17, 2014
RSI Handle
Shortspark
Don't stream and play with an i5 please. The degradation will be unreal on an old ass i5 like that. If you want to do ANY streaming or even multi-tasking make sure you have an i7 or Xeon that is designed for that workload. Your i5 will degrade like a somabitch and give you less than standard performance right from the get go. She is designed to only do gaming, or only do streaming, not the both.

But, you won't listen to sound advice, people rarely do, still I had to do my part and WarrenPeace is one helluva dude that is for sure. @WarrenPeace I should have some stuff with your name on it sooner or later and did you get those Batman and Witcher 3 codes we sent you?
Yup, I picked them up just fine. Holding off on the Batman until they get the PC port less unfucked.

UnderSc0re

Space Marshal
Mar 17, 2015
RSI Handle
UnderSc0re
Yup, I picked them up just fine. Holding off on the Batman until they get the PC port less unfucked.
I can advise this, With Chrome open at all, it runs like shit unless you have a ton of ram. On low it variates between 15 and 75 FPS and doesn't even max my R9 270. I am on a 5 year old CPU too.

Annitias

Minister of Propaganda
Staff member
Officer
Donor
Oct 5, 2014
RSI Handle
Annitias

Can't say much on the degrading. I did run a 2500k at 54x (5.4ghz) on ln2 for some time. Never saw it budge in voltage or speed. If it does degrade you would think he would replace it far before it starts affecting performance, especially at stock speeds.

Hydro_Axis

Space Marshal
Mar 3, 2015
RSI Handle
RedBeerdz
I use OBS and quicksync to lighten the load on my GPU. Seems to work fine w/ the i-3 for all my games except AC.

Forgot your password?