Destiny 2 Interest Thread

What platform will you play TESTiny 2 on?

• Glorious PC Master race

Votes: 85 71.4%
  • Playstation 4

Votes: 8 6.7%
  • XBOX One

Votes: 7 5.9%
  • No!

Votes: 19 16.0%

• Total voters

VFV

Grand Admiral
Nov 29, 2017
RSI Handle
Vfv
Starting to sound a lot like the subreddit in here. Definitely took me more than an hour. If you don't like it don't play it. No big deal. You're definitely not going to convince me that I'm NOT having fun with the game.
Not convincing anyone not to play it. Just saying as an avid destiny fan and as far as value goes, destiny 1 was great with value. Destiny 2 to me, is a slap in the face. Basically a game that looks good and that's it. It's sad what game companies are coming out with, and how it's ok to cut corners like crazy now.

UbEcLoWn

Space Marshal
Jun 13, 2014
RSI Handle
UbEcLoWn
Not convincing anyone not to play it. Just saying as an avid destiny fan and as far as value goes, destiny 1 was great with value. Destiny 2 to me, is a slap in the face. Basically a game that looks good and that's it. It's sad what game companies are coming out with, and how it's ok to cut corners like crazy now.
As someone who didn’t play a lot of destiny 1...wasn’t destiny 1 hated for like a year before they got it where it is today? I honestly don’t know but I feel like I heard the same complaints in the early days of D1.

That being said I do see everyone’s point. I didn’t play D1 very much so I’m still enjoying pew pew’ing things.

Reactions: Blind Owl

zeddie

Space Marshal
Jan 22, 2014
RSI Handle
Test-Dummy
Destiny 1 definitely had a tough first year... but the Taken King and Lord Saladin DLC (forgot the name... something of Iron) really changed the game for the better. I'll give it time for sure. Hopefully they'll turn it around like Destiny 1. Just a shame they didn't take the same lessons they learned.

UbEcLoWn

Space Marshal
Jun 13, 2014
RSI Handle
UbEcLoWn
Destiny 1 definitely had a tough first year... but the Taken King and Lord Saladin DLC (forgot the name... something of Iron) really changed the game for the better. I'll give it time for sure. Hopefully they'll turn it around like Destiny 1. Just a shame they didn't take the same lessons they learned.
Right!? you'd think they could at least make the game as good as Destiny 1's current state. Then slowly make it even better from there.

Blind Owl

Hallucinogenic Owl
Donor
Nov 27, 2015
RSI Handle
BlindOwl
Right!? you'd think they could at least make the game as good as Destiny 1's current state. Then slowly make it even better from there.
That was the hope. But meh, they'll get there. I really enjoy playing d2, especially with you fuckers. Ain't nobody gonna take that from me, haha

Doc Shaftoe

Space Marshal
Nov 29, 2014
RSI Handle
DocShaftoe
Some insane genius tracked down the actual Music of the Spheres. If you're a Destiny/Marty O'Donnell fan you'll know what that is. For the non-initiated, The Music of the Spheres is a symphony that Marty O'Donnell and Co. composed for the first Destiny. Most of the music from it was used in the final game itself, and parts of it are available on the game's soundtrack. However, thanks to the tizzy between Marty and Bungie/Activision it's never actually been released despite initial plans to do so.

https://www.reddit.com/r/DestinyTheGame/comments/7m2rmp/casually_leaking_music_of_the_spheres/

In other words, get it while it's hot folks!

On a completely unrelated note, this is some fantastic music. If you played the first game you'll recognize a lot of pieces but it's a wonderful experience actually hearing them as they were meant to be heard.

Blind Owl

Hallucinogenic Owl
Donor
Nov 27, 2015
RSI Handle
BlindOwl
Some insane genius tracked down the actual Music of the Spheres. If you're a Destiny/Marty O'Donnell fan you'll know what that is. For the non-initiated, The Music of the Spheres is a symphony that Marty O'Donnell and Co. composed for the first Destiny. Most of the music from it was used in the final game itself, and parts of it are available on the game's soundtrack. However, thanks to the tizzy between Marty and Bungie/Activision it's never actually been released despite initial plans to do so.

https://www.reddit.com/r/DestinyTheGame/comments/7m2rmp/casually_leaking_music_of_the_spheres/

In other words, get it while it's hot folks!

On a completely unrelated note, this is some fantastic music. If you played the first game you'll recognize a lot of pieces but it's a wonderful experience actually hearing them as they were meant to be heard.
My God. So beautiful. Thank you Doc. It's bringing me back into the universe. Hard. Wow. Thank you.

Blind Owl

Hallucinogenic Owl
Donor
Nov 27, 2015
RSI Handle
BlindOwl
Even OS_epsilon claims to be a messenger. Regardless of who did what, my gratitude stands.

BluePilote

Space Marshal
Jun 25, 2017
RSI Handle
BluePilote
I started this game Last Sunday and I just finish the expansion campaign... fun Lol

Blind Owl

Hallucinogenic Owl
Donor
Nov 27, 2015
RSI Handle
BlindOwl
NECRO!!

Ok, so for all of you who have stayed loyal current to Destiny 2, you know that Forsaken drops in a couple days. As such, we've had new blood requesting to join the Destiny Clan.

As the clan was full, we decided to drop a few folks who haven't been active in months. If you did get booted, and want back in, let us know.

We love ya.

TESTiny BESTiny.
@sum1 @UbEcLoWn @Doc Shaftoe @Blind Owl

sum1

Space Marshal
Jun 26, 2015
RSI Handle
sum1
anyone that owns Destiny 2, Gambit is going live (in 15 min) for a beta test (that will be up for 24 hours) we are doing a Testiny event tonight from 6-10 eastern time. come by whenever leave whenever. I will be playing most of the day as well.

Blind Owl

Hallucinogenic Owl
Donor
Nov 27, 2015
RSI Handle
BlindOwl
Nice! Solid idea dropping folks who haven't played. Didn't get a chance to try Gambit because I was on vacation but from what Sum1 said it's fantastic?!
It is great. 4 of us were playing and basically owned the field all night. I think we only lost 1 or 2 matches. It's an amazing game mode. You shall enjoy methinks.

Joehockey

Grand Admiral
Donor
Apr 8, 2017
RSI Handle
Joehockey
It is great. 4 of us were playing and basically owned the field all night. I think we only lost 1 or 2 matches. It's an amazing game mode. You shall enjoy methinks.
Yeah, Sum1 mentioned that it was the most fun and insane pvp style game he has played in a while during the free 24hr trial. Probably going to pick up the Forsaken DLC in the coming week. Want to actually finish up Warmind and get a feel for the game again before shelling out for it.

Blind Owl

Hallucinogenic Owl
Donor
Nov 27, 2015
RSI Handle
BlindOwl
Yeah, Sum1 mentioned that it was the most fun and insane pvp style game he has played in a while during the free 24hr trial. Probably going to pick up the Forsaken DLC in the coming week. Want to actually finish up Warmind and get a feel for the game again before shelling out for it.
She's well worth it. So much fun

Forgot your password?