Destiny 2 PC Beta: Things that can get you banned (discord is on the list!!)

Doggen

Space Marshal
Dec 9, 2015
RSI Handle
Doggen
Last edited:

Mich Angel

Space Marshal
Donor
Sep 19, 2016
RSI Handle
ARCHANGEL_666
Well then they can have their game I wouldn't spent two cent or two sec on such BS..

Screw that game.. ha ha... what losers!

BTW.. thank you for the heads up, that saved me some installing and removing frustration.. ha ha

Last edited:

Mich Angel

Space Marshal
Donor
Sep 19, 2016
RSI Handle
ARCHANGEL_666

Blind Owl

Hallucinogenic Owl
Donor
Nov 27, 2015
RSI Handle
BlindOwl
Yeah! I know I just couldn't resist the opportunity... :P :joy: :joy: :joy:
I think it look really great and I am keeping a eye on it, it is not really my kind of game but then I have tried new stuff before and liked it a lot :smile:

:beers: :beers: :beers: :beers: :beers:
Haha, I was in the same boat with games like Destiny. But I have more hours into that game than any other out there. I'd recommend trying it. For sure.

zeddie

Space Marshal
Jan 22, 2014
RSI Handle
Test-Dummy
I was completely uninterested in Destiny until the first open beta 3 years ago.

I played on my PS3, and I really loved it. The gameplay and shooting mechanics was really solid and satisfying. I went ahead and bought the white PS4 bundle. Played a crap ton of it.

I got the PC version pre-order on a discount at GMG.

Yeah, you can joke about its lack of story or how there's no time to explain why there's no time to explain, etc. but there's a reason so many people invest so many hours into it. It really is solid as a game. D2 also improves greatly on the story aspect supposedly so I'm looking forward to it.

Also visually, it's just gorgeous. On PC at max settings on my new 1080Ti? *drooooool*

The aiming feels very snappy and precise. I still have to get used to the "roll" and "stab" keys as they're a bit out of place (V and C) but I seem to be doing alright. There's always those times you get matchmade against REALLY good players and you die a lot, but on average I seem to be able to keep a 1.5 kdr (and support kills count as a kill so it's easier to get over 1.0)

Printimus

Space Marshal
Officer
Donor
Dec 22, 2015
RSI Handle
Printimus
What the eff.... I played beta last night and voice comms were a little messed up in Destiny 2, I had game audio through my headset, voice audio through my speakers, and no way to change it.

I wanna use discord cause comms are still wonky.

Shinlen

Grand Admiral
Nov 1, 2015
RSI Handle
xShinlen
Quoting "Alcohol" from bungie comments
"Ummm you've misinterpreted the article and you've done a poor job of translating it to others - why even bother at all?
For starters, video capture software is simply just incompatible and won't work, or at least it won't work as intended and may cause problems such as crashing for example. Nowhere does it state using such software would get you banned.
Overlays such as voice communication (I use discord and teamspeak for example) don't get you banned. What the article is saying is that they may not work as it would on games proven it does work on. For example overwolf HUD overlay from TS may not work whilst in-game or discord may not identify you're playing Destiny 2. These are examples of such programs not running like it would normally on another game. Nothing states these aspects could get you banned.
What Bungie is doing is trying to tell players that they are not responsible or liable for any problems you may experience when using the listed software as it is a beta and it is currently not proven to be compatible. They are not warning players they will be banned for using them..."

Printimus

Space Marshal
Officer
Donor
Dec 22, 2015
RSI Handle
Printimus
"Ummm you've misinterpreted the article and you've done a poor job of translating it to others - why even bother at all?
For starters, video capture software is simply just incompatible and won't work, or at least it won't work as intended and may cause problems such as crashing for example. Nowhere does it state using such software would get you banned.
Overlays such as voice communication (I use discord and teamspeak for example) don't get you banned. What the article is saying is that they may not work as it would on games proven it does work on. For example overwolf HUD overlay from TS may not work whilst in-game or discord may not identify you're playing Destiny 2. These are examples of such programs not running like it would normally on another game. Nothing states these aspects could get you banned.
What Bungie is doing is trying to tell players that they are not responsible or liable for any problems you may experience when using the listed software as it is a beta and it is currently not proven to be compatible. They are not warning players they will be banned for using them..."
this makes more sense.

Blind Owl

Hallucinogenic Owl
Donor
Nov 27, 2015
RSI Handle
BlindOwl
I was completely uninterested in Destiny until the first open beta 3 years ago.

I played on my PS3, and I really loved it. The gameplay and shooting mechanics was really solid and satisfying. I went ahead and bought the white PS4 bundle. Played a crap ton of it.

I got the PC version pre-order on a discount at GMG.

Yeah, you can joke about its lack of story or how there's no time to explain why there's no time to explain, etc. but there's a reason so many people invest so many hours into it. It really is solid as a game. D2 also improves greatly on the story aspect supposedly so I'm looking forward to it.

Also visually, it's just gorgeous. On PC at max settings on my new 1080Ti? *drooooool*

The aiming feels very snappy and precise. I still have to get used to the "roll" and "stab" keys as they're a bit out of place (V and C) but I seem to be doing alright. There's always those times you get matchmade against REALLY good players and you die a lot, but on average I seem to be able to keep a 1.5 kdr (and support kills count as a kill so it's easier to get over 1.0)
Amen.

@zeddie, what time zone are you in? I don't know how many of us PS4 players there are, but I imagine next week you and can start playing together if you have it on that platform.

Doggen

Space Marshal
Dec 9, 2015
RSI Handle
Doggen
Ewwww I feel like one of them clickbaiters!

Blind Owl

Hallucinogenic Owl
Donor
Nov 27, 2015
RSI Handle
BlindOwl
I'm on EST (EDT).
I don't have D2 on PS4. I decided to wait for the PC instead. Sorry can't play with you just yet.
All good brother. All good. I'll save all the group activities for the PC version with all my TESTies anyways.
Ewwww I feel like one of them clickbaiters!
Meh, all good brother. We won't hold it against you . . .

for the small price of a beer or ten.

Forgot your password?