Destiny 2: Warmind, Season 3, and so much more!

sum1

Space Marshal
Jun 26, 2015
RSI Handle
sum1
Here are your lines for calling in sick to work...
calling in sick.jpg

Reactions: Blind Owl

VFV

Grand Admiral
Nov 29, 2017
RSI Handle
Vfv
Ok, so Destiny 2: now you are in one of two camps with this game, you have played D1 or D2 and left for one of many reasons (many good) or you say some controversy over something and decided to pass. Both valid reasons, however things, they are a changing. So let's break down Destiny 2, and why you should give it another look.

What Destiny 2 has done right:
The game is FUN, the gunplay is AMAZING, the powers are AWESOME, and as always Nathon Fillion is, NATHON FILLION. Ok let me elaborate a bit, the game is well made, and can be really fun to play, especially with friends. with options for PvE with fireteams of 1-3 and 6 guardians. and PvP with fireteams of 1-6 guardians (4 and 6 being best for most PvP content). with different difficulties and activities to overcome, from casual events like public events, and strikes that let you crush your foes. to incredibly challenging events like the raid, raid lair, and prestige raid. that require your fireteam to work together for tough, complicated, and rewarding fights. every time you pick up your guns and head out is fun for any fan of FPS games.

What caused some issues:
the main issues people had with Destiny 2 were either the microtransactions or lack of endgame diversity and things to achieve or earn. I am very happy to announce this are or have been fixed!

Microtransactions:
Where Tess and Eververse have not left the game, they have added cosmetics to the rest of the game now as well. from cool ships and sparrows that you can earn by beating some of the hardest parts of the game, as well as very shiny paint jobs. Everything earned from microtransactions can be earned in game, and a lot of loot cannot be bought. I should also point out that nothing that benefits you in gameplay has EVER been buyable.
Endgame:
With a raid, and the second mini raid (raid lair) coming soon (if like the last two releases expect it a week after the season update.) as well as a new endgame activity coming on Mars (the location of the DLC), and a second new PvE mode coming in September. With a lot of new loot, a lot of new things to earn, and stuff to do for both PvE and PvP players. I mean A LOT.
Reworks:
the devs have been open to the community when it comes to their failers in the game and fixing what needs to be fixed. with this next release on the 8th of May, we are getting new reworks of old guns, as well as a brand new batch of stuff as well. they are taking some of the underused exotics weapons (with an amour rework dated for summer) and made them fun and cool to use. as well being able to upgrade your gear in crazy and unique ways, with Masterworks. these Masterworks will have a hitten quest that when you beat them will let you gain even more power on an exotic item. The Devs are also looking to keep changing and improving the experience, and they are not just saying it. they are showing us they take what the players want and finding a way to make Destiny great again.
More to come:
September will drop the massive DLC that you can plan on drastically changing the game (almost a second game's worth of content coming). I would recommend anyone getting this game pick up the first 2 DLCs as well as be ready to buy the September DLC.

This game is worth it, I have played so much over its short life, and I only enjoy playing it more and more.

Oh and FYI I am taking over the "Game of the Month Club" channel on discord when the DLC drops, ok, thx, bye
I loved destiny so much. Bungie got so greedy. With the new seasons, you can only unlock one of the season engrams per week unpaid. Gotta pay for any more than that. There are 10 items in a season so you probably won't get what you a lot of the time. I do like how they made it so if you have unlocked something, you won' get a repeat of that item, but, just so much greed on the end of bungie.

As far as game play, like the osiris dlc, they promised big things and under delivered. Destiny 2 itself was supposed to be able to hold its own content wise till destiny 3. The game is just lacking so much. It won't even as many features as destiny 1 until Sept. They rushed to push put and unfinished product and built their new product around micro transactions. They toojneverything they learned from destiny 1 and threw it away.

Also, the recent buffs to movement speed for warlock and titans but not hunters? Hunters are supposed to be super agile but now they are slower than everything? I don't get their reasoning.

Love destiny, played since conception and I would Love to have another amazing destiny game. This dlc is far from it. Not touching destiny till they make some major changes and stop being greedy. No more money from me.

Sorry, a very negative message, but they have earned it.

Kenlee

Space Marshal
Apr 30, 2017
RSI Handle
Kenlee
Destiny 2 had insane potential as a video game. The first 2 weeks of launch I was absolutely hooked. And so were most of my gaming buddies.
But the lack of gameplay, and lack of reward system structure made me quit very quickly. Pointless farming in the same 2-3 places over and over again. I hope with the new DLC they will change it for good, but i'm afraid it's already too late.

Reactions: Blind Owl and VFV

VFV

Grand Admiral
Nov 29, 2017
RSI Handle
Vfv
Destiny 2 had insane potential as a video game. The first 2 weeks of launch I was absolutely hooked. And so were most of my gaming buddies.
But the lack of gameplay, and lack of reward system structure made me quit very quickly. Pointless farming in the same 2-3 places over and over again. I hope with the new DLC they will change it for good, but i'm afraid it's already too late.
I think tha t this xpac will be like osiris. Have your attention for 2 weeks, beat it, then nothing again. I do hope they fix it though. I want to play again. But not till they at least get a solid endgame.

Kenlee

Space Marshal
Apr 30, 2017
RSI Handle
Kenlee
I think tha t this xpac will be like osiris. Have your attention for 2 weeks, beat it, then nothing again. I do hope they fix it though. I want to play again. But not till they at least get a solid endgame.
Exactly. The campaign for the expansion took like 2 hours if I recall! "expansion" lul. Need more raid like content like Leviathan raid. Was pretty fun and needed solid teamwork. I really missed some incentive to grind stuff other than that.

Reactions: VFV and Blind Owl

Gearen

Space Marshal
Jan 27, 2015
RSI Handle
Gearen
So can someone tell me if people from the TEST Destiny Clan are active? because if not I will just leave for other clan. I'm not willing to miss gameplay just to be in Test

Montoya

Administrator
Staff member
Oct 31, 2013
RSI Handle
Montoya
I watched 2hrs of Destiny 2 playthrough the other day.

I've gotten a bit bored of Warframe, I need something new, so I gave it a look.

I really want to try like Destiny 2, but Ill be honest, Im just not sold on it.

Its selling for $12 right now on Humble Bundle, and I don't feel the urge to even spend that!

At the start I feel like I am missing the all important storyline because I never played Destiny 1.

With no story line to really give me some reason to play, that leaves the game play itself to convince me, which I found to be ok, but nothing new, exciting or innovative.

Early game play looks like a lot of bullet sponge enemies and a bland progression system that one would expect.

Am I being unfair?

Reactions: Blind Owl and VFV

Gearen

Space Marshal
Jan 27, 2015
RSI Handle
Gearen

Its selling for $12 right now on Humble Bundle, and I don't feel the urge to even spend that!

At the start I feel like I am missing the all important storyline because I never played Destiny 1.

With no story line to really give me some reason to play, that leaves the game play itself to convince me, which I found to be ok, but nothing new, exciting or innovative.

Early game play looks like a lot of bullet sponge enemies and a bland progression system that one would expect.

Am I being unfair?
I'm really enjoiying the gameplay for now because I've not played since the launch of the firsht Destiny. But I think this video would help you understand some things of the state of the game right now.

Again... I got the game because now it's like 12$ in the Humble Monthlly, and I also got the season pass because I wanted more. I personally don't regret the purchase.

sum1

Space Marshal
Jun 26, 2015
RSI Handle
sum1
I'm really enjoiying the gameplay for now because I've not played since the launch of the firsht Destiny. But I think this video would help you understand some things of the state of the game right now.

Again... I got the game because now it's like 12$ in the Humble Monthlly, and I also got the season pass because I wanted more. I personally don't regret the purchase.
there are a LOT of people hating on D2 right now, I am really sick of it. the game is GOOD the gameplay is AMAZING, ya the loot system and endgame are not always on point. but they are coming a long way. and ya I will be critical of the game when their is a fix, but everyone is just hating and not helping, and that upsets me so much. (also why I don't hand out with a lot of the Star Citizen community)

Gearen

Space Marshal
Jan 27, 2015
RSI Handle
Gearen
there are a LOT of people hating on D2 right now, I am really sick of it. the game is GOOD the gameplay is AMAZING, ya the loot system and endgame are not always on point. but they are coming a long way. and ya I will be critical of the game when their is a fix, but everyone is just hating and not helping, and that upsets me so much. (also why I don't hand out with a lot of the Star Citizen community)
I'm also enjoying it a lot. I hope we can play together one of this days.

Reactions: Blind Owl and sum1

sum1

Space Marshal
Jun 26, 2015
RSI Handle
sum1
I started playing again yesterday. Gunplay feels pretty and speed increases are nice but we'll see how long it will last :slight_smile:
Join us on discord most nights, and let us know if you need any help with something.

Drillbit

Rear Admiral
Nov 27, 2015
RSI Handle
Drillbit
I bought D2 with the humble bundle deal (considerably less since it's just a bonus game to the upcoming June bundle). I've been following up on how regularly D2 Developers and the community team just treats the community with utter contempt with lies and bait and switches. But for its price right now it's fantastic value for money, currently early on into the campaign and I'm quite enjoying it so far. I never thought I would recommend D2 to anyone... But at this price I sure do. Personally I don't intend to spend more than that because of even how their latest DLC seems quite controversial. Now I just hope even more they don't screw over gamers again with D3.

Montoya

Administrator
Staff member
Oct 31, 2013
RSI Handle
Montoya
Ok Im 30min in, done the intro.

Initial thoughts are that its kinda slow and repetative like the youtube videos, but I want to give it at least 10hrs to get a proper feel for it.,

sum1

Space Marshal
Jun 26, 2015
RSI Handle
sum1

Initial thoughts are that its kinda slow and repetative like the youtube videos, but I want to give it at least 10hrs to get a proper feel for it.,
the real game is after the intro story (IE when you hit lvl 20) but join "test sqn" clan so we can love you.

EDIT: I would also like you to try the raid as it is one of the best, most fun, and most challenging part of the game.

VFV

Grand Admiral
Nov 29, 2017
RSI Handle
Vfv

Am I being unfair?
So it was about as lack luster as osiris. Not enough needed changes or content to have the game make a come back. Most deff not unfair. Bungie hasn't earned our love yet:p

VFV

Grand Admiral
Nov 29, 2017
RSI Handle
Vfv

Don't worry, you will best the game in 2 hours, find that the story sucks and there still is not much end game content. Since launch this game has been stale. It is sad. I used to love destiny. Skill up has a pretty good review on this dlc

Forgot your password?