Did we just got a new capital ship concept?

Talonsbane

Space Marshal
Donor
Jul 29, 2017
RSI Handle
Talonsbane
So, this thread got me thinking & I went back to check out the ships from The Next Great Starship competition from back in 2014. Is it just me, or do many of these fan created concept ships seem to have elements that have ended up in other ships that have later been sold?

"The Next Great Starship LIVE Finale"
View: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Sz08I1L1SgQ

Also, as I recall, my favorite ship of the batch was the 3Dingo ship that came in 3rd place. That was a ship that I would have tripped over myself to purchase based on what I saw.

View: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1OiZo1pbSgA

Last edited:

EpilepticCricket

Space Marshal
Oct 20, 2014
RSI Handle
EpilepticCricket
It has 5 turrets at least, and probably more. Anti-fighter cap ship, maybe?
I'd also wager that this is an anti-fighter ship. Look at the turret placement. Those things look like they have an insane degree of freedom and visibility.

Takeiteasy

Admiral
May 21, 2017
RSI Handle
Takeiteasy
It is? Interesting, I recall hearing that this next Friday they will be having a vote during the Happy Hour show to let the citizens vote on a choice of 2 ships from Drake to be put into the game pipeline.
I was joking but interjecting a possibility, sorry to have you searching but my post was a joke, i want another Drake and with the pirate theme "Marauder" sounds fitting for a large ship with a reasonably high range a huge firepower. Sounds like it's looking for trouble so I thought to myself "why not post it because Marauder has been a known ship from the Drake line and we are yet to see it!"

Sorry for any false confirmations I may have implied as I thought that the phrase "X confirmed" was a known joke post but I do partake in the gaming scene where I see it veeeery often so very sorry for getting your hopes up as I meant it as a joke solely.

However it's an educated guess so don't instantly pass on it.

Drake Marauder, you heard it (and possibly saw it) here first.

Talonsbane

Space Marshal
Donor
Jul 29, 2017
RSI Handle
Talonsbane
I was joking but interjecting a possibility, sorry to have you searching but my post was a joke, i want another Drake and with the pirate theme "Marauder" sounds fitting for a large ship with a reasonably high range a huge firepower. Sounds like it's looking for trouble so I thought to myself "why not post it because Marauder has been a known ship from the Drake line and we are yet to see it!"

Sorry for any false confirmations I may have implied as I thought that the phrase "X confirmed" was a known joke post but I do partake in the gaming scene where I see it veeeery often so very sorry for getting your hopes up as I meant it as a joke solely.

However it's an educated guess so don't instantly pass on it.

Drake Marauder, you heard it (and possibly saw it) here first.
LoLs Who knows, you might get your wish this next Friday when the Happy Hour special lets us vote for 1 of 2 possible new concepts by Drake.

No worries about my searching. I like a good joke that is done in fun & if I don't get then have it explained. God knows that I'm far from perfect in any way. LoL

Takeiteasy

Admiral
May 21, 2017
RSI Handle
Takeiteasy
LoLs Who knows, you might get your wish this next Friday when the Happy Hour special lets us vote for 1 of 2 possible new concepts by Drake.

No worries about my searching. I like a good joke that is done in fun & if I don't get then have it explained. God knows that I'm far from perfect in any way. LoL

I kind of think it's the Drake but we will see. I don't like to boast too much so if it's true so be it, if it's false so be it.

:)

Talonsbane

Space Marshal
Donor
Jul 29, 2017
RSI Handle
Talonsbane

I kind of think it's the Drake but we will see. I don't like to boast too much so if it's true so be it, if it's false so be it.

:slight_smile:
"Anniversary Special We’re two days away from this year’s Anniversary Special and have a lot to celebrate, including eight straight days of Ship Shape highlighting some of your favorite ships, 20% off all merchandise, and a very special Happy Hour where you can help us decide on a Drake ship to add to Star Citizen. Also, be sure to take The Observer test for your chance to win a new concept ship from Anvil Aerospace -- the Hawk. All the rules will be on the website starting Friday. Those of you interested in picking up an Idris-P or Javelin, 50 of each will be available in the following time slots:

Saturday — 12:30 PM PST, 6:30 PM PST
Sunday — 12:30 AM PST, 6:30 AM PST"

Notice the "a very special Happy Hour where you can help us decide on a Drake ship to add to Star Citizen." Cheers!

DirectorGunner

Space Marshal
Officer
Donor
Sep 17, 2016
RSI Handle
DirectorGunner
Even if I add all my black market purchases, I'm still way off the mark.
So, this thread got me thinking & I went back to check out the ships from The Next Great Starship competition from back in 2014. Is it just me, or do many of these fan created concept ships seem to have elements that have ended up in other ships that have later been sold?

"The Next Great Starship LIVE Finale"
View: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Sz08I1L1SgQ

Also, as I recall, my favorite ship of the batch was the 3Dingo ship that came in 3rd place. That was a ship that I would have tripped over myself to purchase based on what I saw.

View: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1OiZo1pbSgA
@35:10 for the first video (finale)
Something nearly exactly like it was in the leaked 2015 build with folder titled IIRC AX110
I'll have to see which hard drive I backed up that build on to get some screenshots....
but a ship just like that was in the 2015 build.

Forgot your password?