wmk

Space Marshal
Staff member
Officer
Donor
Feb 19, 2018
RSI Handle
wmk
Did you know that George Hull, Aegis Reclaimer concept designer, has been working as one of Hollywood's leading conceptual designers on many famous movies?

Shortly after being hired by prestigious Lucasfilm's Industrial Light & Magic, George was working on award-winner Forrest Gump. He was quickly promoted to the position of Lead VFX Art Director, and was working on films like Mission Impossible, Jurassic Park 2, Star Wars: The Empire Strikes Back and Return of the Jedi, special editions.

After leaving ILM, George was working as Senior Concept Designer on Dune: Part One, Blade Runner 2049, Star Wars: The Last Jedi and Guardians of the Galaxy Vol. 2, among others. He's currently working on Dune: Part Two.

In addition to Aegis "Nostromo" Reclaimer, amazing heavy-duty salvage ship originally called "Surveyor", George Hull designed Orion, capital mining ship manufactured by Roberts Space Industries.

---------------------------------------------
Check George's personal website for more --

Aegis_2000k_GH.jpg

1031_Set_FlightDeckIntExt_ReverseYellowTone_Vio9_151216_GH.jpg

Dune_Orni1_Hero2021_GH.jpg

Last edited:

Lorddarthvik

Space Marshal
Donor
Feb 22, 2016
RSI Handle
Lorddarthvik
That's a really cool tidbit I didn't know! He does do amazing art, glad we had him onboard for these ships!
I gotta print out that ornithopter, I fell in love with thing on first sight! Already have the files, it's just so many parts to arrange lol...

I recently did the lost reclaimer "horror" mission for the first time, and it was awesome! A truly different experience, probably in large parts thanks to his designs and the inclusion of the Alien messhall. I was shitting my pants the whole way through and loved every minute of it, even though I generally dislike horror games.

Bambooza

Space Marshal
Donor
Sep 25, 2017
RSI Handle
MrBambooza
If I get a reclaimer, I will have to admit that I spent waaay too much on this game.
As much as I wanted the reclaimed I couldn't justify buying it when I had no interest in salvage. Now the Orion is a treasured jpeg.

• Love
Reactions: Vavrik

Raven_King

Grand Admiral
Donor
Jan 17, 2021
RSI Handle
Raven_King
Love his work. The Reclaimer's looks are jaw-dropping. I was hooked when I ran around it in the IAE show hall last year. So, yes, guilty of spending waaay too much on this game:
1667850257171.png

I am so looking forward to real salvage gameplay using it - more than the hull-scraping coming in 3.18 - that's just an appetizer.

No prizes for guessing that somewhere out there in the black, there are already Reclaimers named:
Nom,
Nom Nom,
Nom Nom Nom,
Nom Nom Nom Nom,
Nom Nom Nom Nom Nom, and
Nom Nom Nom Nom Nom Nom

Mudhawk

Rear Admiral
Donor
Oct 30, 2022
RSI Handle
Mudhawk
No prizes for guessing that somewhere out there in the black, there are already Reclaimers named:
Nom,
Nom Nom,
Nom Nom Nom,
Nom Nom Nom Nom,
Nom Nom Nom Nom Nom, and
Nom Nom Nom Nom Nom Nom
Damn... now I wanna buy one just to check if I can name it like that...
Hmmm... how about: The Nom-Nom-stromo ?

Forgot your password?