Votes: 9 75.0%

• Total voters

BUTUZ

Space Marshal
Donor
Apr 8, 2016
RSI Handle
BUTUZ
Hey guys. I am a serial graphics card upgrader, an absolute expert at buying graphics cards brand new at a really really expensive price, and then replacing them with an even more expensive one, and putting the old one in a drawer for two years. Then I may sell the old one for a really silly low price, or give one to my cousin who's PC broke - thus losing a large amount of money in the process.

I realised that if I am going to lose large amounts of money I would rather help you guys out and let Test Squadron members take advantage of my idiocy.

So if you have a really bad graphics card and are struggling/cant play Star Citizen and you are based in UK preferably or EU - I can help.

Here are two I just pulled out of the draw. I did plug them in a month or so ago to test with the view of selling on ebay. They run perfectly and I ran around playing borderlands and battlefiled whilst I was testing them with no issues.

Despite being old they are still powerful enough to play most games at 1080p as long as you do not run at ultra settings (depending on the game). If you have on board, or a small powerless card such as Nvidia GT610 or AMD R5/R7 230/240 then these two cards below will give you a big upgrade cheap as chips.

These will both run star citizen at 1080p on low settings.

Both cards need a decent PSU - 500W or above. Make sure your PSU supports 1 x 8 pin and 1x 6 pin PCIE power cable on it before you buy.

We have on the left a HIS 7950 IceQ Turbo 3GB GDDR5 PCI-E DVI/HDMI/2xMini DP.
http://www.hisdigital.com/gb/product2-693.shtml
This is priced to testies at £50 + Postage.

We have on the right a Gigabyte 7970 Overclock edition "GV-R797OC-3GD"
http://www.gigabyte.com/products/product-page.aspx?pid=4102#ov
This is priced to testies at £60 + Postage

Let me know if you guys are interested.

1.jpg 2.jpg 3.jpg

BUTUZ

Space Marshal
Donor
Apr 8, 2016
RSI Handle
BUTUZ
No testies want the GFX?