[Discussion] - Divisions of TEST - Part Drei: Organization Ships

DimwitTheWise

Space Marshal
Jan 2, 2015
RSI Handle
Dimwit_the_Wise
I think an overall tax is a good idea, but I also think ship "donators" should get something more when their ships are used. I have a number of ships for various activities that I could make available, but I think I should also get something in return for my generosity. :) Those that have ships did invest either money now or credits later, so there should be some sort of benefit (other than helping Testies).

Depending on the ship, perhaps a portion of the take? It does not even have to be credits, it could be ore or parts or salvage or whatever from the activity the ship was used in. If it is part of what it is being used for, then it is not something taken directly from the user but from being used. If it's just a test drive around, then nothing really, but actually used in mining or salvaging or the like, it'd be good to get a small piece of the take that could cover maintenance, etc.

OH! And they have to fill the gas tank back up to the level they got it or we will charge them from our TEST gas pumps! (hehe "TEST's Rent-A-Ship")

Willem Default

Space Marshal
Apr 2, 2015
RSI Handle
WillemDefault
I'll be giving people lifts to wherever in my ships, so in the PU I might see how many people I can fit in my Mustang Beta. I reckon I could fit at least two in the hatch by the ladder, at least three in the back lounge bit, one in the toilet, one or two in the bed compartment and at least four in the lobby-thing in the back.

NKato

Grand Admiral
Apr 25, 2014
RSI Handle
NKato
I'll be giving people lifts to wherever in my ships, so in the PU I might see how many people I can fit in my Mustang Beta. I reckon I could fit at least two in the hatch by the ladder, at least three in the back lounge bit, one in the toilet, one or two in the bed compartment and at least four in the lobby-thing in the back.
I probably wouldn't do such a sardine-can approach, because there are limits to what life support can handle.

Reactions: Myre

Huegpaynis

Space Marshal
May 28, 2014
RSI Handle
Huegpaynis
Not if you're in space suits! Or unconcerned with your mortality! I'm planning on dying like I vote: early and often!
Marky got with Sharon
And Sharon got Cherese
She was sharing Sharon's outlook
On the topic of disease
Mikey had a facial scar
And Bobby was a racist
They were all in love with dyin'
They were doing it in
Spider
Tommy played piano
Like a kid out in the rain
Then he lost his leg in Terra
He was dancing with a 'stang
They were all in love with dyin'
They were drinking from a fountain
That was pouring like an avalanche
Coming down the mountain

Willem Default

Space Marshal
Apr 2, 2015
RSI Handle
WillemDefault
Not if you're in space suits! Or unconcerned with your mortality! I'm planning on dying like I vote: early and often!
See, NKato, Honcho's with me!

Black Sunder

Rock Raiders
Officer
Jun 19, 2014
RSI Handle
Black_Sunder
As if TEST could hold a military tribunal! It'd be a sham I say, a sham!
No one expects justice to come from a sham of a tribunal so you will not expect what we suspect to be expected!

The dominoes of justice will fall like a house of cards. Yahtzee. Ganja. Uno.

Last edited:

AntiSqueaker

Space Marshal
Apr 23, 2014
RSI Handle
Anti-Squeaker
As far as taxes go, I have an idea.

So, we all think that TEST is going to have several space stations under our control right? Well these are obviously going to be prime locations for TESTies to refuel, repair, and rearm.

So I say we have 2 "tax rates".

1) For main members. A small (5% ?) tax on all income or whatever, plus optional donations. Goes into the coffers to pay for fuel shipments, ammo, upkeep on stations, and whatever else. BUT main members get heavily reduced, (or maybe even free if we increased the tax rate) prices on TEST owned assets, like said fuel or repair shops.

2) Affiliates. No income tax at all. But they pay full price on all TEST owned repair, fuel, ammo, etc etc stuff.

IMO this rewards main members for putting the time and money into TEST, and is a nice perk. But also doesn't punish players who want to affiliate with TEST but don't play with us that much.

Reactions: PSIcoh

NKato

Grand Admiral
Apr 25, 2014
RSI Handle
NKato
As far as taxes go, I have an idea.

So, we all think that TEST is going to have several space stations under our control right? Well these are obviously going to be prime locations for TESTies to refuel, repair, and rearm.

So I say we have 2 "tax rates".

1) For main members. A small (5% ?) tax on all income or whatever, plus optional donations. Goes into the coffers to pay for fuel shipments, ammo, upkeep on stations, and whatever else. BUT main members get heavily reduced, (or maybe even free if we increased the tax rate) prices on TEST owned assets, like said fuel or repair shops.

2) Affiliates. No income tax at all. But they pay full price on all TEST owned repair, fuel, ammo, etc etc stuff.

IMO this rewards main members for putting the time and money into TEST, and is a nice perk. But also doesn't punish players who want to affiliate with TEST but don't play with us that much.
It's safer to make an assumption based on only publicly-available venues like spaceports. But the two tax rates are possible, assuming the game lets us do it.

Willem Default

Space Marshal
Apr 2, 2015
RSI Handle
WillemDefault
No one expects justice to come from a sham of a tribunal so you will not expect what we suspect to be expected!

The dominoes of justice will fall like a house of cards. Yahtzee. Ganja. Uno.
But you expect that I do not expect the unexpected. I saw that coming a mile off, I'll go into hiding and wait for it to all blow over.

Black Sunder

Rock Raiders
Officer
Jun 19, 2014
RSI Handle
Black_Sunder
But you expect that I do not expect the unexpected. I saw that coming a mile off, I'll go into hiding and wait for it to all blow over.

Expecting the unexpected means you are in fact expecting anything can happen and therefore it is not unexpected. Checkmate.

Now some music:

Willem Default

Space Marshal
Apr 2, 2015
RSI Handle
WillemDefault
Expecting the unexpected means you are in fact expecting anything can happen and therefore it is not unexpected. Checkmate.

Now some music:

Bishop

Space Marshal
Jul 21, 2014
RSI Handle
Macr0
we'd probably want to set up a roster of approved captains
Sounds very sensible.

For the bigger ships multi you probably should even set up a rule along the line of somebody needing to be a 2nd in command for at least one mission before being added to the approved captains list and then needs the support of two existing captains that she or he is ready to handle it.

Going to be difficult in the beginning though, when everybody is new to the game.

In this case it is probably (I personally think at least) sensible to start giving rights to

a.) the top 10 to X who sponsored the most

and in equal measures

b.) the Top 10 to X that are longest in Test Squad
(Until there are 20 Start-up Captains that therefore can be trusted not to run of with it and are equally willing to actively organise multi crew missions/operations)
and afterwards

Either...
let people pass a technical theory test/questionnaire
{multiple choice / specific to the ship to which somebody wants to get the permission to}
that covers basic but serious questions like,
... where is the brake,
... how to dock,
... how to navigate back to the Hangar,
... how to steer it,
... how do you calculate fuel from A to B,
... should you run at situation X,
... or stand your ground at situation Y,
... + where is the secret beer storage,

or as already suggested only add some one based on the recommendation of two existing Captains, which have to confirm that the applicant is ready to handle it and trustworthy.

But in the end, what ever you are going to make, I agree with PSIcoh:

I do think as long as we have the proper paperwork/channels set up, those in charge of the program would be able to determine if the person really needs the ship or is just trying to steal it.

Reactions: PSIcoh
Forgot your password?