Disney Star Wars theme park

Radegast74

Space Marshal
Oct 8, 2016
RSI Handle
Radegast74
blech, I truly believe Disney is the Evil Empire, so I'm not going...but if I did, I'd make sure I got some blue milk, lol:

Walt Disney Parks and Resorts chairman Bob Chapek said guests inside Galaxy’s Edge will have persistent interaction with Star Wars elements, whether it’s Stormtroopers barking orders or the up-tempo, swinging music of a grimy cantina that yes, serves Star Wars-themed alcohol.

“You will not think you’re in a theme park,” he said.

“Every cast member will be in character, the food and beverage and language will be in story. The merchandise inside the shops won’t be in boxes that say Disney on them. Everything is very, very immersive.”

GarikDuvall

Space Marshal
Donor
Dec 3, 2018
RSI Handle
Garik_Duvall
Not big on everything they do... but I for one will have to visit this park. I'm hearing the hotel (which looks like you are on a starship, to include your room "windows" look out in space) will be a high end luxury place. As in the 200 hotel rooms will be very expensive. Will wait and see.

Reactions: Bambooza and Scape

Hybus

Space Marshal
Nov 27, 2015
RSI Handle
Hybus
Yeah, my wife and I visit at least once a year. They do good work at the theme parks. Not a big fan of the Avatar series but even I have to admit Pandora at night there is one of the most amazing visual experiences I have ever seen.

Pile on in the new star wars land, they will be using Similar tech as in the flight of passage ride, I can see if being a huge success. Also last fall I tried this in downtown disney

Star wars Void

It was fantastic, totally worth the extra money, a full augmented reality experience layered over a real environment.

Reactions: Bambooza

maynard

Space Marshal
May 20, 2014
RSI Handle
mgk
I went to Disneyland for the first time as a twenty-one-year-old and had a blast

burned a reefer inside the Magic Mountain and giggled the rest of the day

holy shit, that was almost half a century ago!

not sure I could even afford the price of admission these days...

but I'd like to see what the Imagineers could do with a Star Wars themed park

Vavrik

Space Marshal
Donor
Sep 19, 2017
RSI Handle
Vavrik
I went to Disneyland for the first time as a twenty-one-year-old and had a blast

burned a reefer inside the Magic Mountain and giggled the rest of the day

holy shit, that was almost half a century ago!

not sure I could even afford the price of admission these days...

but I'd like to see what the Imagineers could do with a Star Wars themed park
That's funny. I was there a little over half a century ago, but I was 6. I remember getting lost on Tom Sawyer's Island more than anything else. I also remember some teenager who made the peace sign. My father's reaction was confusing so I asked, "What's wrong with peace?" Apparently it was the wrong thing to say.

Hybus

Space Marshal
Nov 27, 2015
RSI Handle
Hybus
Disney announced the opening dates for their parks. August 29 for WDW. So I'm actually going to be down there the first week. I had booked this year's trip in an attempt to ditch the crowds for the opening because they initially said late fall.

Forgot your password?