Disney

Shadow Reaper

Space Marshal
Jun 3, 2016
RSI Handle
Shadow Reaper
So I’ve been mean. To Disney. I confess. So how about this time a thread for all things Disney, starting with the huge success that is Deadpool and Wolverine?

And subset of that, I’m thrilled to see Channing Tatum’s GAMBIT!

Gambit rocks. I’ll post a clip of his big fight scene if I can find it. No one is cooler than Gambit.

View: https://youtu.be/InzhM8pNKZM?si=85rQ_-dvGbKqCjFP

NomadicHavoc

Captain
Nov 19, 2023
RSI Handle
NomadicHavoc
Oooh…i honestly never thought they’d move forward with Gambit. Going to see this movie next weekend with wife and friends. Excited!

Have you seen it already? Did you like it?

Reactions: Bambooza

Shadow Reaper

Space Marshal
Jun 3, 2016
RSI Handle
Shadow Reaper
No, my time is booked up at least till the 10th, but I’ll see it as soon as I can. I’m excited too. I’m also a huge Wesley Snipes fanboy, though I think he was better in Demolition Man than in Blade. I also thought Jennifer Garner was good as Electra, though I get why the film wasn’t widely accepted.

Looks like the movie is worth the pesos just for the cameos. It’s rated R, so expect swearing and horrific violence.

At least two characters were cut—She Hulk and Captain Marvel—and both those actresses are suing, trying to get included in the director’s cut. Their complaints are all social justice this and diversity that, but it’s all about the money. They didn’t get much because they were cut. Psylock made the cut. These two did not.

Shadow Reaper

Space Marshal
Jun 3, 2016
RSI Handle
Shadow Reaper
I was so surprised by this I went and looked it up on my own.
View: https://youtu.be/Ez5jRMVMozk?si=qsQmnwOGRnVf5bqa

Turns out what they’re saying is true. You’d think Disney stock would be up with Deadpool and Wolverine just breaking the $1B mark, but no. It is down. It’s down to its lowest in a long time. In fact, it has dropped every day since July.

What it looks like is, the lawsuit with Gina Carano is hurting them more, than a billion dollar success is helping them.

So, a rumor to consider: Kathleen Kennedy has supposedly said she’s interested to retire, but that she wants to go out on a “win”. Lucasfilm hasn’t had a win in a long time. If however The Skeleton Crew were to do well, it’s possible she would move on. Additionally, if Musk really is interested in taking some significant percent of Disney stock, he could appoint a new board member, and Kennedy would certainly not be replaced with another woke activist.

That could turn Star Wars around.

Last edited:
  • o7
Reactions: Talonsbane

Talonsbane

Space Marshal
Donor
Jul 29, 2017
RSI Handle
Talonsbane
Oooh…i honestly never thought they’d move forward with Gambit. Going to see this movie next weekend with wife and friends. Excited!

I saw it the Tues after it came out. Loved it! I did make the mistake of eating right before watching, laughing that much on a full stomach gets a bit awkward at times. lols

Talonsbane

Space Marshal
Donor
Jul 29, 2017
RSI Handle
Talonsbane
That's providing that this film ever actually goes into the theaters, they might ship it straight to Disney+ to avoid further embarrassment. LoL Reminds me of the lyrics of the Bloodhound Gang song Fire, Water, Burn.

Shadow Reaper

Space Marshal
Jun 3, 2016
RSI Handle
Shadow Reaper
There are a lot of critics saying what they’ve seen so far, is so bad, they’d be better off “Batgirling it”, meaning it never sees the light of day. Reports are with all the reshoots and focus group screenings, Disney is in for half billion dollars now, and it keeps climbing.

When you have to ask whether release will do more harm than good, you’re in a bad place. And yeah, they are in this bad place because what they are faced with are the consequences of deconstruction. The wokesters never thought about consequences when they made this. They were high on the notions of power and vengeance against the patriarchy, and now that the time has come for them to show what they’ve created with half billion dollars (the most expensive movie ever?) they’re afraid to show their work.

Last edited:
  • o7

Shadow Reaper

Space Marshal
Jun 3, 2016
RSI Handle
Shadow Reaper
Two big observations here, one of which was obvious enough I picked it up.

First is the fact that they cast the evil step mother with someone more beautiful than who was cast for Snow White. Bad casting.

Second, they switched out Snow White getting the animals to clean up in gratitude for the Dwarves providing Snow White a home, with Snow White getting the dwarves to clean up. It’s an important difference if you’re pissy with the patriarchy. Fuck those dwarves! Clean this shit up!

View: https://youtu.be/UVLwpqaziGQ?si=akI_1sySUmVxlcnw

• o7

Talonsbane

Space Marshal
Donor
Jul 29, 2017
RSI Handle
Talonsbane
As my grandfather from Colorado told me as a child, "Always avoid the brown snow, trust me." While I never liked him, or any of his side of my family, he was right about that. LoL

KuruptU4Fun

Vice Admiral
Dec 10, 2021
RSI Handle
KuruptU4Fun68
I actually didn't like Channings version of Gambit, I think Taylor Kistch had a better take on it in Origins. Channing got it because of his name, not his acting skills IMO. Taylor had a better accent and even if he was mumbling like Channing was think he would still have filled the role better.

Last edited:
  • o7
Forgot your password?