less tech = fewer points of failure

Reactions: Talonsbane

Vavrik

Space Marshal
Donor
Sep 19, 2017
RSI Handle
Vavrik
Can [CONFIRM], i have actually watched a marine eat a crayon before, simply out of pure spite.
Eating a crayon is child's play, in fact most children I know have at least taken a bite at one point or another. I don't think you want to point that out to a Marine trying to prove how tough he is by eating one though.

Talonsbane

Space Marshal
Donor
Jul 29, 2017
RSI Handle
Talonsbane
OOoooo shiny

*edit* are these able to be traded? a.k.a. can I purchase?
To the best of my knowledge, during the time around CitizenCon 2018, this version of the Digital Goodies Pack was purchasable for $10 USD. Yes, they are giftable, but I but they were a limited time officially purchasable item. So if you can find somebody with 1 that they would be willing to sell you, that is possible. The Digital goodies pack also came with an in game trophy as hanger flare & a wearable limited edition duster jacket.

SoloFlyer

Grand Admiral
May 27, 2018
RSI Handle
housebroken
There was a scene in Raiders of the Lost Arc that describes why this might sound like a good idea, but isn't.
watch to the end or watch just the last 10 seconds of the fight.
View: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vdnA-ESWcPs
It's apocryphal but isn't the story behind that scene that Harrison Ford was just tired from doing scenes all day and just kinda did the gun shot on the fly and the stunt man reacted. It was liked better than the originally choreographed fight scene and they kept it. I think the stunt guy was pissed too cause he had practiced for a long time for that fight

Vavrik

Space Marshal
Donor
Sep 19, 2017
RSI Handle
Vavrik
It's apocryphal but isn't the story behind that scene that Harrison Ford was just tired from doing scenes all day and just kinda did the gun shot on the fly and the stunt man reacted. It was liked better than the originally choreographed fight scene and they kept it. I think the stunt guy was pissed too cause he had practiced for a long time for that fight
I never looked into it, and didn't know there was a back story... but there is apparently. That story is awfully close to the story Harrison Ford tells about it.
https://www.businessinsider.com/harrison-ford-reddit-ama-2014-4

188Octane

Sabre Addict
Jun 2, 2016
RSI Handle
188Octane
starts reading through the thread with general interest... oh look, I can be helpful.

There was a digital knife that was included in the CitizenCon Digital Goodies Pack
I dont think I knew about that, do we have any idea what it looks like?
goes to copy a picture to post

Well here you go. I don't think that it's usable in game yet, but should be when they get the mechanics of using it in game.

SC CitizenCon 2018 Digital Goodies Knife.PNG
... discards the picture.

OOoooo shiny

edit are these able to be traded? a.k.a. can I purchase?
As @Talonsbane said, they are giftable. As one example, this dude is selling the "Add-Ons - CitizenCon Digital Goodies Pack" for $29USD

• o7
Forgot your password?