Dock control, starkestrel requests permission to land

Fargo_Pinkerton

Lieutenant
Nov 5, 2013
RSI Handle
Fargo_Pinkerton
Lol, I was so tempted to say John Crichton in response to the Picard or Kirk question as well, but I bottled it, if only because Shatner just looks damn impressive in that green captain's tunic.

I'm a big fan of Farscape, and I especially like how the Avenger is very reminiscent of Crichton's shuttle from the show.

starkestrel

Space Marshal
Nov 3, 2013
RSI Handle
starkestrel
:)

I'd rather be captained by Picard, and I'd want for Kirk to be sent in as cavalry to help me out in a firefight. But who I want to be? Crichton, by a long shot. Kirk's got all of those weird space STDs, and Picard's too Shakespearean. Not to mention I wouldn't be able to deal with Riker...

(Funny aside: back in the day, I was a professional dancer and sometimes actor. I still pick up the occasional featured extra gig, and my latest one was directed by Jonathan Frakes. Extremely cool guy. That ameliorated much of my Riker hatred from the 90s.)

(ok, that wasn't the funny part, but that's a much longer story)

Flipper

Grand Moff of TEST Squardon
Nov 1, 2013
Holy shit I forgot about this. What if we had flair on the subreddit so that people could specify their forum name?
Edit: special exception would have to be made for Mr. Hello Kestrel, of course.

starkestrel

Space Marshal
Nov 3, 2013
RSI Handle
starkestrel
Well, rats. I couldn't really afford a Banu Merchantman and I felt justified in not getting one, thinking I'd acquire it in-game if I really wanted it.

I wasn't taking into account the LTI that just ended, and the rarity of being able to get UEE insurance on an alien ship. With some more reading, it seems non-human ships aren't going to be easy to get, and only pledged alien ships will have true insurance on them (in the form of getting a replacement ship).

I mean, it's just an idea of a space ship for a game that won't be released for over a year, so I'm not distraught or anything. Not sure what else I would have done, because I wasn't gonna spend another US$250 on top of the $260 I've already spent, and the Merchantman didn't come with a starter package.

I'm just pretend spaceman sad.

starkestrel

Space Marshal
Nov 3, 2013
RSI Handle
starkestrel
Dammit all to hell...

Long story short, the fleet info sheets for Reddfaction and Test caused me to be concerned about my SC to RL security, because of how I'd set up my accounts on the RSI forums. So I asked CIG support if they'd be good enough to change all of my account information around. They were kind to do so, but the holidays interfered with completion of the task on their end.

So I just went in to make my public profiles for the game match up with the 'starkestrel' ID, since that has become my SC-related handle here and on reddit, only to discover that on 12/23 a new registrant took the official handle of 'StarKestrel' over at RSI. Rats.

So, I'm 'starkestrel' now on the RSI forums, but in-game my static handle will have to be something other than starkestrel, which will lead to minor confusion. And I'll have to make clear when the game launches that StarKestrel isn't me.

Missed it by just a few days! (from my initial request for changeover)

Montoya

Administrator
Staff member
Oct 31, 2013
RSI Handle
Montoya
Damn! Who would steal the name?

No matter, we know who you are!

JoeCool4433

Wisdom-Master
Donor
Nov 20, 2013
RSI Handle
JoeCool777
I'm in the same boat. What shocked me was that JoeCool4433 was taken November of 2012. I could only think that someone else did it on purpose. So I'm stuck with JoeCool777 which is odd because that is usually what is taken and part of the reason I have other numbers.

starkestrel

Space Marshal
Nov 3, 2013
RSI Handle
starkestrel
I'm gonna be so very confused come game time. I have to keep you straight with the other 4400+ JCs out there? I may just have to shoot every JoeCool on sight, since 99.977% of the time it won't be you.

(If a starkestrel does shoot you down, though, it's definitely that other guy. Promise!)

Reactions: JoeCool4433

JoeCool4433

Wisdom-Master
Donor
Nov 20, 2013
RSI Handle
JoeCool777

JoeCool4433

Wisdom-Master
Donor
Nov 20, 2013
RSI Handle
JoeCool777
Oh. Hey! That could be my static handle over at RSI. I forgot about hellokestrel.

Do we like hellokestrel or HelloKestrel?
With Capitals, imo.

Forgot your password?