Does a dedicated Dropship need Quantum Drive or Jump Drive?

Maxgerber5250

Grand Admiral
Apr 2, 2015
RSI Handle
Capt-Spicer
While on this subject, we should be talking about a troop carrier. You have to have someplace to keep your boots.
The kraken is a nice power projector, but you need some place to house your ground troops and all their stuff ie. An armory their ground vehicles, dropships, I'm thinking a flat top mod for the Endeavor. Just an idea.
Oh and while on the subject of squadron ground forces, I'm going to start another account just for my dedicated foot soldier. That way I don't have to travel back and forth, and we just force multiplay by two.

Hybus

Space Marshal
Nov 27, 2015
RSI Handle
Hybus
Not every security force is going to be UEE millitary. Plenty of corps and independent governments will have a need to drop security forces hot, or even a group of first responders (not necessarily med staff either) I think a QD is absolutely necessary, allows for fast deployment in a system or even circling a planet.

I see something like this Doc Wagon style, you've got someone with a platinum account, whose bracelet is sounding off and the fire response team drops in on the engagement to pull them out.

I think the JD is kinda optional, as ideally it should be operating within a system or off a carrier of some sort. The cargo thing, kinda odd. I don't think you should be able to stuff it with cargo, but I have no objection for a few SCU to lock down crates of rations, ammo and gear.

August

Space Marshal
Officer
Donor
Aug 27, 2018
RSI Handle
August-TEST
To be the spoilsport; who cares? We have so many Krash’em’s you can just get a lift on one.

Reactions: Deroth

Bambooza

Space Marshal
Donor
Sep 25, 2017
RSI Handle
MrBambooza
Not every security force is going to be UEE millitary. Plenty of corps and independent governments will have a need to drop security forces hot, or even a group of first responders (not necessarily med staff either) I think a QD is absolutely necessary, allows for fast deployment in a system or even circling a planet.

I see something like this Doc Wagon style, you've got someone with a platinum account, whose bracelet is sounding off and the fire response team drops in on the engagement to pull them out.

I think the JD is kinda optional, as ideally it should be operating within a system or off a carrier of some sort. The cargo thing, kinda odd. I don't think you should be able to stuff it with cargo, but I have no objection for a few SCU to lock down crates of rations, ammo and gear.

I agree a few SCU to lock down crates of ammo, and rations or parts for the buggy. As for how to secure the ship and the 20+ personal for the op unless they ride in the ship from the point of origin.

Forgot your password?