Does anyone here play Space Engineers? Or is interested in playing?

Slo

Space Marshal
Donor
May 9, 2015
RSI Handle
SLØ
I bought the game years ago but didn't touch it, now they had an update and it passed in front of me so I decided to check it out. Still learning how things work so I set up my own server that runs 24/7 on a little Intel NUC i7 and it seems to handle well whatever I do. Was interested if anyone who knows how to play would want to join in and I could maybe learn something.
I have no idea how many people it can support but if interested drop me a PM and I can send you the connection info. Server is password protected.

Currently am on a Mars planet, have a base almost completely made (had to cheat that in since at the time I had no clue how to actually build stuff) with a shield (yes, I learned there are mods) so it's a safe place to start before I can build a rover to strike out on my own.

Grimbli

Space Marshal
Jan 27, 2016
RSI Handle
Grimbli
I loved Space Engineers a long time ago! I may be able to pop in once in a while, but I'm pretty wrapped up in Skyrim/SC right now.

I've only beaten Skyrim once and that was back with vanilla no mods. I've played since, but never built a character and stuck with it, so I'm challenging myself to finish.

SE is a lot of fun, but I find after building a massive ore miner and factory that it gets a bit boring.

Reactions: Bambooza and Deroth

Slo

Space Marshal
Donor
May 9, 2015
RSI Handle
SLØ
Right, I run mods on my server that adds some factions that will hunt you down occasionally so you have to always be prepared. Makes it a bit more challenging, especially at the beginning.

But yeah, after your base is up and able to defend itself you are doing repairs a bit every day or so.

Reactions: Deroth

TypeO

Space Marshal
Aug 21, 2014
RSI Handle
Privateer
I tried to get into it a few years ago, but was pretty lost after a while. I guess it changed a lot since then?

Slo

Space Marshal
Donor
May 9, 2015
RSI Handle
SLØ
Same here when I first bought it. Couldnt figure out anything about it. And wasnt really working at it at the time.

But I am enjoying it now, built a base to help me learn how to build and what's available to build with. Keeps me safe while I poke around learning to build.
Loaded in a few rovers and learned how not to build some things.. lol.

Still learning stuff about it but I do have a rover miner idea I want to try building in survival mode. Just havent figured out how I want to set up the spawning yet. Prolly start with a small miner rover and see how long I last.

Reactions: Bambooza and TypeO
Oct 28, 2017
RSI Handle
Malikin
I have it, I have not played in a while. I know there are a few mods out there that adds content. Some of those are difficult for new players or players who are rusty.

Irishnutcase

Space Marshal
Jan 27, 2015
RSI Handle
Irishnutcase
I used to play it. If there is anyone in test that sets up a server I'll derp around in it. Otherwise I'm not going to join a random server.

Grimbli

Space Marshal
Jan 27, 2016
RSI Handle
Grimbli
I just started loading it up again. Getting to the point of building my mega-miner so I may lose interest soon.

If anyone does have a server I might screw around in it. I'm sure the game is more fun when there's people you can talk to on Discord.

Reactions: ColdDog

Grimbli

Space Marshal
Jan 27, 2016
RSI Handle
Grimbli
Nice, but I tend to go for asteroid eaters. I named mine the Orion.

It has 8 refineries, 80 drills, a landing pad, pressurized interior, and probably 16 hydrogen tanks. Ignore the smoke and flames, I hit an asteroid a little too hard.
Miner.jpg

Grimbli

Space Marshal
Jan 27, 2016
RSI Handle
Grimbli
Dude!!! That is just wrong... that is a death star not a mining rig :)
Haha! I like to go big. Hard to tell how much it weighs because it has over 1 million units of Iron, hundreds of thousands of every other mineral. It's so massive, its Jump Drive will only got 240km instead of the normal 2000km.

I have enough material to build a massive base. The thing has so many thrusters it can still land on a planet though.

Slo

Space Marshal
Donor
May 9, 2015
RSI Handle
SLØ
I set up a new server and the goal is to build a base that can survive an hour of armageddon. Have the start station almost finished so anyone that comes has a safe place to build their rover/ship to launch out into the world. It can support up to 13 people logging out in cryro pods, that is more than the number of players it will have I think. It's running on a little i7 NUC so it will be interesting to see how it handles it with more than 1 person on it. Also the game is set to pause if no one is in game.

The idea is you build your rover/ship, find a suitable location, build your base, help others build theirs all the while knocking down the patrolling bad guys. A bit of a challenge during buildup.. once everyone's base is ready we set a date and I turn on armageddon for an hour and we see what/who survives.
Has a fair number of mods like shields, nanobot build/repair, and others that make the gameplay a bit less grindy.
The start station has the starting ships in the easy start earth planet. I added a larger drilling ship to more easily reach the buried stuff. Anyone can use the ships, just have to be careful to avoid getting it shot down. Makes for easier start.
Start station also has large and small projectors set up on the build pad. I dont know how to use them, yet, but I am sure some of you can help tweak stuff.. I hope.

If this sounds like you might be interested let me know... almost done with the station conveyor systems setup so things go where they should. A couple more things to do, another night or two and it should be ready to go.

Forgot your password?