Doing Art For Cash. :V

NKato

Grand Admiral
Apr 25, 2014
RSI Handle
NKato
So, I've decided to start building up a cash reserve for Star Citizen. It will be used for peripherals such as TrackIR and a Warthog HOTAS - or the Star Citizen HOTAS if it's good. (I'm currently looking to sell my X52 Pro, too.)

So to accomplish the funds needed for these purchases, I've decided to make myself available to TEST members and Star Citizen users as an artist. If you need an illustration or want an avatar/character sketch made, you can look at my commission price list below, and shoot me a conversation message here on the forums. If you have any questions, post 'em in this thread.

You can also view my art galleries here:

SFW Gallery: http://nkato.deviantart.com
NSFW Gallery: http://demons-sinistra.tumblr.com/tagged/myart

Basic Price Sheet for One Character Illustration

$10 - Cleaned up Sketch
$20 - Inked
$40 - Colored

+$10 for additional characters as sketch or inked.
+$20 per colored character.

I look forward to working with my clients. :)

Last edited:

Scavar

Rear Admiral
Apr 10, 2014
RSI Handle
Scavar
Can you give me an example of the type of description you'd like to work from? I have a few D&D characters I wouldn't mind having something done up for (no connection to SC at all but I'm sure you don't mind about that) and I'd like to see what you'd need.

NKato

Grand Admiral
Apr 25, 2014
RSI Handle
NKato
Can you give me an example of the type of description you'd like to work from? I have a few D&D characters I wouldn't mind having something done up for (no connection to SC at all but I'm sure you don't mind about that) and I'd like to see what you'd need.
Usually I work off of other art references, but working from a description is essentially a form of concept art which will require some back and forth between the commissioner and the artist.

Tooterfish

Vice Admiral
Donor
Nov 29, 2014
RSI Handle
Tooterfish
Can you draw me a feminine, cigarette smoking pre-op transexual seahorse with the goods packed away in a 2 piece wearing aviator sunglasses and maybe a few raunchy tattoos? I need it for something i'm working on. It would be preferred if my seahorse appeared to be on a 72 hour cocaine bender with no sleep.

Thanks buddy :)

Reactions: Macabre Poetry

NKato

Grand Admiral
Apr 25, 2014
RSI Handle
NKato
Can you draw me a feminine, cigarette smoking pre-op transexual seahorse with the goods packed away in a 2 piece wearing aviator sunglasses and maybe a few raunchy tattoos? I need it for something i'm working on. It would be preferred if my seahorse appeared to be on a 72 hour cocaine bender with no sleep.

Way outside my comfort zone. It'll cost you double, got the dosh? (In case you can't tell, I don't do freebies very, very often.)

Dranoc

Autistic EVE Player
Donor
Feb 6, 2014
RSI Handle
Dranoc

Can the seahorse pls be montoya?

K1NG

Captain
Feb 21, 2015
RSI Handle
K1NG_Brit
If were you, I'd check out the marketplace on SA. You might be able to find some consistent work there.

Exarkun007

Commander
Dec 12, 2014
RSI Handle
Exarkun007
I may hit you up on this. How much would you charge for a group pic? Been playing D&D with the same group for 4 years, same group of characters, plus some very regular NPCs. Maybe 7 total characters standing together.

NKato

Grand Admiral
Apr 25, 2014
RSI Handle
NKato
I may hit you up on this. How much would you charge for a group pic? Been playing D&D with the same group for 4 years, same group of characters, plus some very regular NPCs. Maybe 7 total characters standing together.
The pricing list I gave is additive. So if it's a 7-character sketch, $70 ($10x7). That kind of thing.

Forgot your password?