DotA2 Auto Chess

TypeO

Space Marshal
Aug 21, 2014
RSI Handle
Privateer
I finally managed to get rid of my DotA2 addiction a few years ago and here comes Auto Chess. Auto Chess is a custom game mode for 8 players with the twist that you do not move the pawns by yourself, but rather chose your pawn composition. Pawns are your typical DotA characters with unique abilities and if you combine three level 1 pawns you get a level 2, or three level 2 combine to one level 3.

Each round starts with giving you a choice between several pawns to buy with money you get after every round. The pawns have classes and races which have different synergies. For example if you have 3 or more warrior classes you get a +Armor buff. On top of that pawns have different rarities and prices, with the most powerful ones being also the rarest and most expensive ones. So economy is an important part of the game as there is also interest on the money you have and winning/losing streaks which grant you more money. When to buy/sell or hold is its own meta game.

After buying your desired pawns you have to chose which of them to put on the playfield (you start with 1 and with each level you get you can have more pawns on the field). It is also important to make sure that your squishy chars are not on the frontline, but rather a bit further back.

The combat phase against creeps or other players pawns runs automatically and you can check how good your composition really is. You play against other players composition of pawns while they do the same, so it is not really a multiplayer game in the traditional sense. You play on your own, but against other peoples layouts.

It is hard to explain and I suggest checking out a quick guide and try against bots before playing your first match, but man it is damn addictive and fun once you get the hang of it.

dota-2-auto-chess_6055548.jpg
dota-auto-chess-tier-list.jpg

Last edited:
Reactions: Bambooza

Wolfy

Space Kitty
Donor
Apr 27, 2017
RSI Handle
WolfytheWarlock
This is a really well disguised ad. 9/10 points.

In all seriousness, I dunno, chess is a pretty classic game, hard to improve without making convoluted.

Reactions: Bambooza
Forgot your password?