the goons haven't come to Ruin My Game yet, I have no reason to go after them

Xist

Staff member
Officer
Donor
Jan 16, 2016
RSI Handle
Xist
Did you read the article? He was referring to "Goons" as the general "Negative-nancy" crowd surrounding SC, Not the Goons from EVE....
(Thats how I read it, anyways)
That's also how I read it.

The thread title is largely misleading for anyone familiar with SC's biggest competitor.

Reactions: Han Burgundy

Huegpaynis

Space Marshal
May 28, 2014
RSI Handle
Huegpaynis
Did you read the article? He was referring to "Goons" as the general "Negative-nancy" crowd surrounding SC, Not the Goons from EVE....
(Thats how I read it, anyways)
There's actually some truth in this assessment; the goons are a favorite audience of he who shall not be named, and along with the frontier development forums and twitter are his favorite place to spew nonsense.

Sorry, I don't play EVE so didn't even know Goons was EVE term, I do however see the term used for haters of SC all the time.
Goons in gaming are largely known for eve, but in general, a goon is anyone from something aweful.

Xist

Staff member
Officer
Donor
Jan 16, 2016
RSI Handle
Xist
Sorry, I don't play EVE so didn't even know Goons was EVE term, I do however see the term used for haters of SC all the time.
I figured that was the case. :)

Anyway now you know. A large number of people defected from Eve to come to SC and they're hoping beyond hope that SC prevents any group of players from acting like the Goons act in Eve. Their stated goal is to ruin everyone else's gaming experience and be as nasty as possible in the process.

In real life they'd be imprisoned for their behavior, but in Eve they are celebrated by the developer as a good example of how to play the game. It's really pathetic.

As a result, either people love them (well, the Goons love themselves), or people hate them (just about everyone in the world who is not a Goon, as far as I can tell).

SeungRyul

Spreader of Truth / Master of Hamsters
Staff member
Donor
Oct 30, 2013
RSI Handle
Citizen404
Goons != Something Awful

For example most of the Goonrathi in SC are still hardcore fans of SC.

Forgot your password?