Drake Kraken Privateer

atpbx

Space Marshal
Jan 2, 2016
RSI Handle
General Fisting
It's not mentioned in the "This Week in Star Citizen" post. So, apparently not this week, even though they closed the thread for asking questions almost 2 weeks ago now. Only took about a week for Pisces Q&A, I think.
I seriously think the reason they are taking so long to put it up, is the top voted question is "can we take the fucking thing off" and most of the kick back is "I dont want a permanent hull conversion".

I would like to think that they have actually sat down and thought, that, yeah, a permanent hull conversion for this functionality is pretty stupid, lets let privateer owners switch between the shop and cargo load out version when they feel like it (for a credit and time cost).

Lets enable base Kraken owners the option to do the same thing in game.

I would instantly buy the upgrade back and apply it.

Bambooza

Space Marshal
Donor
Sep 25, 2017
RSI Handle
MrBambooza
I seriously think the reason they are taking so long to put it up, is the top voted question is "can we take the fucking thing off" and most of the kick back is "I dont want a permanent hull conversion".

I would like to think that they have actually sat down and thought, that, yeah, a permanent hull conversion for this functionality is pretty stupid, lets let privateer owners switch between the shop and cargo load out version when they feel like it (for a credit and time cost).

Lets enable base Kraken owners the option to do the same thing in game.

I would instantly buy the upgrade back and apply it.
There are a number of ships that currently are not modular and have multiple variants. I understand as a community we like to have I win buttons and ships that can do everything but so far CIG has been good about making ships that fit nitches as well as have positive and negative attributes.

Shadow Reaper

Space Marshal
Jun 3, 2016
RSI Handle
Shadow Reaper
Agreed, and note too, this is not a high volume ship. They have to justify all the time it takes to build this, and that's very hard to do given such a small number of sales for this. What they need to do is look for ways to build this faster and cheaper, rather than ways to make it devilishly expensive to design.

I think they just offered a variant because they want to appear they're doing more than they are. They've done this many times before.

Bambooza

Space Marshal
Donor
Sep 25, 2017
RSI Handle
MrBambooza
That and the fact that I can literally, for the first time, visualize what we shall be doing as a group of Privateers operating in the "outer rim". Jesus, this ship is literally taking me back to, well, the game, Privateer. That feeling that I felt when I ventured into that area of space with the derelict alien ship, right before that egg ship attacked. My mental theorycrafting with the KP is evoking the same emotional response that that game did when I first ventured out into unknown space. I'm so fucking stoked to play SC again now, and all based on this goddamned ship and what it means. It literally checks a the boxes for the kind of gameplay that I want to be involved in.
Your enthusiasm is contagious. I have a feeling that this year will have a huge impact on the gameplay experience within the verse as most of the major engine code changes are complete and lots of the tools required for designers to flush out the game world are done. While SQ42 is still hogging the lions share of the ship pipeline and artists we should start seeing them working on PU stuff as the levels are nearing design completion.

Bambooza

Space Marshal
Donor
Sep 25, 2017
RSI Handle
MrBambooza
Agreed, and note too, this is not a high volume ship. They have to justify all the time it takes to build this, and that's very hard to do given such a small number of sales for this. What they need to do is look for ways to build this faster and cheaper, rather than ways to make it devilishly expensive to design.

I think they just offered a variant because they want to appear they're doing more than they are. They've done this many times before.
I'd like to remain optimistic that they are still doing more than we are aware of and its simply cloaked in the mystery of SQ42.

Bambooza

Space Marshal
Donor
Sep 25, 2017
RSI Handle
MrBambooza
Yeah I'm stoked as well but until I learn more my enthusiasm is in my caterpillar. Personally my vision is like Space Canada.... I don't need to defend myself, everyone will love what I offer to the world. Why be powerful when you can have powerful friends :)

Not sure about the powerful friends but you have lots of drunk friends.

Sky Captain

Space Marshal
Donor
Oct 13, 2018
RSI Handle
TheSkyCaptain
I've been curious if the conversion could come off (via melting) but not too worried about it. The Kraken Privateer is still the Kraken with the same flight deck and all of the same guns. Its most important teeth are still intact. And dragonflies can still come on board. But more importantly, if there are two friendly Krakens in a battle zone, one a base Kraken and the other a Privateer, which will players gravitate to? The one with only cargo? Or the one at which they can replenish supplies? Will be interesting to see how it works out.

Last edited:

Blind Owl

Hallucinogenic Owl
Donor
Nov 27, 2015
RSI Handle
BlindOwl
Your enthusiasm is contagious. I have a feeling that this year will have a huge impact on the gameplay experience within the verse as most of the major engine code changes are complete and lots of the tools required for designers to flush out the game world are done. While SQ42 is still hogging the lions share of the ship pipeline and artists we should start seeing them working on PU stuff as the levels are nearing design completion.
Yeah man. I'm actually freaking stoked for the game for the first time in years. This CitizenCon for me was the best one yet, not because of big video clips and new ships, but because it showed the game, this beautiful, amazing, fun game. And for the first time in a long time, I've started to yearn for the gameplay, to really imagine and visualize it. I'm freaking stoked to get back from tour so I can start playing.
Yeah I'm stoked as well but until I learn more my enthusiasm is in my caterpillar. Personally my vision is like Space Canada.... I don't need to defend myself, everyone will love what I offer to the world. Why be powerful when you can have powerful friends :)
Space Canada, haha. Love it. Remember weed. We have weed in Canada. And maple syrup. And beer.
All things that make us good friends

Blind Owl

Hallucinogenic Owl
Donor
Nov 27, 2015
RSI Handle
BlindOwl
You have to let play in the background for a bit, then come in with fresh eyes again.
Which is exactly what I've done. Remained active here, but stepped away from the gameplay for a couple years and let life keep me occupied. Now I'm freaking stoked to get into it again. February can't come soon enough.

SpudNyk

Space Marshal
Donor
Jun 19, 2016
RSI Handle
spudnyk
Which is exactly what I've done. Remained active here, but stepped away from the gameplay for a couple years and let life keep me occupied. Now I'm freaking stoked to get into it again. February can't come soon enough.
I've kept up with it, but check out a patch for a little bit, been playing a bit more lately 3.7 has been good, I'm looking forward to persistence then I think I'll play a little more.

Blind Owl

Hallucinogenic Owl
Donor
Nov 27, 2015
RSI Handle
BlindOwl
I've kept up with it, but check out a patch for a little bit, been playing a bit more lately 3.7 has been good, I'm looking forward to persistence then I think I'll play a little more.
Yeah, I mean, I've been following, just not actually playing. 3.8 - 3.9 will be a grand time to get into her. Finally.

Forgot your password?