Donor
Jul 29, 2017
RSI Handle
Talonsbane
Step 1) approve Kraken (Tortuga)
Step 2) make Cat modules
Step 3) ???
Step 4) Profit
Step 3) party at The Astro Pub inside the Kraken / Tortuga while the Cat modules are installed before raiding for the profit

The salvage and scout carrier are actually a neccesity. Think about how many ships some ppl have. What are they going to do if they need to move them all across the verse? Unless they make deconstructing a ship and turning it into a cargo crate an option the non combat scout carrier is really the best way. Its said that the scout will hold more ships than the Idriss so it should do it perfectly. As for the salvage ship. Its a starter salvage ship. Its a must, hands down.
I agree entirely.

Black Sunder

Rock Raiders
Officer
Jun 19, 2014
RSI Handle
Black_Sunder
Voted for the salvager. Seems a bit unfair to put the carrier in there with the rest of them. They should have made that a separate thing.

P.s. I like the carrier idea and what it may be able to hold but I need to be realistic and if the carrier wins expect it to cost 1400+ dollars.

BlackWolff

Commander
Jul 17, 2017
RSI Handle
BlackWolff
Voted for the salvager. Seems a bit unfair to put the carrier in there with the rest of them. They should have made that a separate thing.

P.s. I like the carrier idea and what it may be able to hold but I need to be realistic and if the carrier wins expect it to cost 1400+ dollars.
I think it will be a smaller carrier so, perhaps under 1000? But I agree, the Vulture makes more sense.

Black Sunder

Rock Raiders
Officer
Jun 19, 2014
RSI Handle
Black_Sunder
I think it will be a smaller carrier so, perhaps under 1000? But I agree, the Vulture makes more sense.
"Drake’s capital ship entry, space to park and store a few medium ships (up to Freelancer-sized) and transport them around the verse. Serves as a mobile truck stop in function with a small hub of stores (some less than legit) to help restock."

Seems like it can transport more volume of ship than an Idris, even if it has no defenses whatsoever. It's more like a mobile space station imo.

Naruw

Grand Admiral
Aug 4, 2015
RSI Handle
Naruw
I think this is pretty much just the list of ships they WILL build just the order in which they push them through the pipe.. CIG has a bit of a patter to this kind of thing.
That being said, I think there needs to be more of a focus on stater ships (of all manufacturers) and all professions, that way new players whom haven't put $1k plus into this game can have a path to earn larger ships in game.

BlackWolff

Commander
Jul 17, 2017
RSI Handle
BlackWolff
"Drake’s capital ship entry, space to park and store a few medium ships (up to Freelancer-sized) and transport them around the verse. Serves as a mobile truck stop in function with a small hub of stores (some less than legit) to help restock."

Seems like it can transport more volume of ship than an Idris, even if it has no defenses whatsoever. It's more like a mobile space station imo.
How many can the Idris hold?

atpbx

Space Marshal
Jan 2, 2016
RSI Handle
General Fisting
Vote exciting, vote big.

It wont be ready for years down the line, but how much more exciting is your own space station rather than a poxy entry level salvage ship that will progress out of in a couple of days?

We need more starters! No we dont. You will be in a starter for a couple of days then you will never use it again.

Last edited:

Talonsbane

Space Marshal
Donor
Jul 29, 2017
RSI Handle
Talonsbane
We really don't need a really big ship in the pipeline right now, and I'd rather see a competitor to the connie sooner. So it's the Corsair for me.
You feel that we need a competitor for the Constellation ships? Then I recommend that you check out the Origin line of ships, the 600i in particular.

However, there are no ships that match up with the idea of the Kraken / Tortuga currently.

AntiSqueaker

Space Marshal
Apr 23, 2014
RSI Handle
Anti-Squeaker
I feel like the Vulture would be more popular if CIG wasn't stupid about it.

First off, an EVA only ship?? That's really dumb, sorry everyone. It's just a really dumb design decision, and if they make it I hope that that is quickly deemed stupid.

A Drake "salvager" would have a bunch of "necessary" equipment- EMPs to safely shut down wayward reactors so they don't overload. Heavy duty tractor beams to make sure any craft with wayward engines that might still be functional somehow don't get away, some heavy duty (short range) cutting lasers to quickly and efficiently separate parts of the hull, and enough crew complement to make sure you can manually board the uh......salvage target......to quickly and safely get the juiciest bits of cargo I mean scrap!

I mean, I don't know anyone else who might want a small to medium ship with EMPs, heavy duty tractor beams, hull cutting lasers, and a decent crew complement. Seems a bit niche, no?:kissing_heart::skull:

Talonsbane

Space Marshal
Donor
Jul 29, 2017
RSI Handle
Talonsbane
Personally, I feel as though the "Vulture" is an ok idea, but it would make FAR more sense to me if it was a Module that can be part of a Cat. Think about that. The cat would open the bay housing the vulture module, which would use the Cat's heavy duty tractor beam to pull things to the ship, the module would do its thing & the salvaged materials would be quickly stored inside the Cat in a close bay.

The corsair is just a larger version of the Redeemer with less fire power imo.

There is nothing in game like the Tortuga presently though.

Black Sunder

Rock Raiders
Officer
Jun 19, 2014
RSI Handle
Black_Sunder
I mean, I don't know anyone else who might want a small to medium ship with EMPs, heavy duty tractor beams, hull cutting lasers, and a decent crew complement. Seems a bit niche, no?:kissing_heart::skull:

Naruw

Grand Admiral
Aug 4, 2015
RSI Handle
Naruw
Vote exciting, vote big.

It wont be ready for years down the line, but how much more exciting is your own space station rather than a poxy entry level salvage ship that will progress out of in a couple of days?

We need more starters! No we dont. You will be in a starter for a couple of days then you will never use it again.
Your right, I wont ever use a starter ship but like most here I've spent way to much on the game and will continue to... I'm trying to think about the player that wont even know about the game until its 3 months after release. That's where 75% of the player base will come from, if other MMO's can be a guide.
My take is; CIG needs to do everything they can to make a new player have clear sign posting and lines of progression to get the "end game" ships, other wise we will fall into the EVE trap and scare new players away a week into their play. I want to see a Drake Pocket Carrier too but I would just rather see more bottom tier ships to fill out the verse first.

Passeeo

Admiral
Jan 20, 2017
RSI Handle
PASSEEO
Vulture is the best addition now for the game as another entry level option.

Tbh they will probably make all these at some stage anyway so theres no rush for a carrier.

More entry ships likely to draw in more people who get sucked into our world of endless upgrades.

Forgot your password?