DRAKE! SCOUT CARRIER, STARTER SALVAGE, OR CONNIE COMPETITOR

Blind Owl

Hallucinogenic Owl
Donor
Nov 27, 2015
RSI Handle
BlindOwl
I feel like the Vulture would be more popular if CIG wasn't stupid about it.

First off, an EVA only ship?? That's really dumb, sorry everyone. It's just a really dumb design decision, and if they make it I hope that that is quickly deemed stupid.

A Drake "salvager" would have a bunch of "necessary" equipment- EMPs to safely shut down wayward reactors so they don't overload. Heavy duty tractor beams to make sure any craft with wayward engines that might still be functional somehow don't get away, some heavy duty (short range) cutting lasers to quickly and efficiently separate parts of the hull, and enough crew complement to make sure you can manually board the uh......salvage target......to quickly and safely get the juiciest bits of cargo I mean scrap!

I mean, I don't know anyone else who might want a small to medium ship with EMPs, heavy duty tractor beams, hull cutting lasers, and a decent crew complement. Seems a bit niche, no?:kissing_heart::skull:
I've been waiting patiently for a solo-able salvage ship for-freaking-ever. Drake is the obvious choice to me. And this description, Mr Squeaker, is precisely it.

That being said, I can't help but think that I really really REALLY want all three of these ships in the game. Like meow. Haha.

Stubieroo

Space Marshal
Nov 9, 2015
RSI Handle
Stubieroo
You feel that we need a competitor for the Constellation ships? Then I recommend that you check out the Origin line of ships, the 600i in particular.

However, there are no ships that match up with the idea of the Kraken / Tortuga currently.
The 600i, sure would fit the bill, yet is no combat oriented ship. We Don't have something yet that really focuses on that aspect, at that ship size yet, as the connie fits the bill more for exploration than anything else. I'd really would think a bare bones, "Millennium Falcon" sort of ship would fit the bill more closely.

Edit: Also it wouldn't cost an arm and a leg in game to purchase, ie the luxury tax you're gonna pay with the 600i.

Last edited:

AntiSqueaker

Space Marshal
Apr 23, 2014
RSI Handle
Anti-Squeaker
The 600i, sure would fit the bill, yet is no combat oriented ship. We Don't have something yet that really focuses on that aspect, at that ship size yet, as the connie fits the bill more for exploration than anything else. I'd really would think a bare bones, "Millennium Falcon" sort of ship would fit the bill more closely.

Edit: Also it wouldn't cost an arm and a leg in game to purchase, ie the luxury tax you're gonna pay with the 600i.

Back in my day, the Caterpillar was the "combat freighter" offering from Drake.

2 turrets, T H I C C armor, and 2 big honking nose cannons to slap the shit out of some cargo ships. No "parking sensors" here, no sir!

Get off my lawn you damn whippersnappers with your parking sensors, and "drake multi-crew" nonsense!

Forgot your password?