Dune games incoming, should I get my hopes up?

SoloFlyer

Grand Admiral
May 27, 2018
RSI Handle
housebroken
To be honest I haven't really played anything new in a while, I'm currently playing SWTOR because I never finished all the story lines and don't remember the ones I actually did complete. I still have Skyrim sitting somewhere that I never got around to playing and I have GTA V in the same boat. I see a lot of people saying that they aren't happy with the gaming scene as of late. Now I see this article and I'm wondering if I should get my hopes up. 3 Dune games including an open-world multiplayer, sounds too good to be true. What is Funcom's track record? Should I even bother looking forward to this?

Reactions: Scape

supitza

Vault Dweller
Aug 5, 2015
RSI Handle
AstroSupitza
Until the Dune games, if you have Skyrim and GTA 5 lined up, make sure you play them. They're both extraordinary games.

Reactions: Scape

Scape

Space Marshal
Donor
Jan 2, 2019
RSI Handle
Scape_TEST
The fact that skyrim and gta 5 are still being played and modded tells you that they are great games. The only dune game i played was years ago....it was an rts. Quite good actually. I wouldnt mind a few games in dune universe

Reactions: Deroth

Deroth

Space Marshal
Donor
Sep 28, 2017
RSI Handle
Deroth1
The last game from them that impressed me was probably 'The Longest Journey' (1999.)
Their MMO offerings were all, in my opinion, p2w microtransaction overly-grindy messes that got boring quickly.

Xist

Staff member
Officer
Donor
Jan 16, 2016
RSI Handle
Xist
NEVER GET YOUR HOPES UP!

It's never a smart thing to do.

When you do that, you end up making angry gaming videos about how games suck.

Really the problem is in the mirror.

Last edited:

SoloFlyer

Grand Admiral
May 27, 2018
RSI Handle
housebroken
Stepping foot onto Arrakis in an MMO seems like a neat idea to me, so even a hint that it might come to pass at some point was exciting. I probably would sub for a month just to see what was done with the IP even if the general consensus was that the game sucked. I just don't know much about Funcom's reputation so I have no idea if they'd be up to making a decent stab at it. I guess the hope part is more along the lines of wondering if it will make it to production. As for GTA and Skyrim I'll probably get to them eventually, it's more a matter of forgetting that I have them most of the time.

Radegast74

Space Marshal
Oct 8, 2016
RSI Handle
Radegast74
Last edited:
Forgot your password?