Duo Deck Hammerhead

Shadow Reaper

Space Marshal
Jun 3, 2016
RSI Handle
Shadow Reaper
Can you shoot down torpedoes currently? Or is that something that's planned? I honestly didn't even think of that as a possibility.
They have changed how the scatterguns work twice now. I think the Jokers were originally area of effect and they nerfed them becasue they were able to do this. We talked some months ago about running some tests, and I believe Marcsand2 shot some down, but everything is still up for modification so it is too early to say. Certainly, the Pyros would seem able especially when in pairs or four of them, like with the turret in the Huricane, but we have to wait and see. One thing to bear in mind though is, that if it is possible you need a scattegun or area of effect weapon for such a small fast-moving target, and all the area effect weapons have very short range. You'll get a shot or two and that's it. Personally i think this is worth it in a bird like the Vanguard, and especially the Harbinger, if you can attack with your own torps and defend with a turret against incoming. Could be a winning combination. Just your turret won't be of much else use.

Reactions: Bambooza

Bambooza

Space Marshal
Donor
Sep 25, 2017
RSI Handle
MrBambooza
It will be interesting to see how they go about balancing this as it has a huge impact on capital ship combat.

SullyQuindarius

Admiral
Dec 24, 2017
RSI Handle
SullyQuindarius
It will be interesting to see how they go about balancing this as it has a huge impact on capital ship combat.
It'll probably be fairly easy to balance. I doubt a HH would be able to deal with more than two torpedoes at a time, plus trying to defend against fighters - a combined attack by torps and fighters would likely overwhelm the HHs, forcing them to choose between letting the caps tank the torps or killing the fighters beating up on them. And if the torps are focused on taking out the Hammerheads from the start - it's easy to see how this would go.

Bambooza

Space Marshal
Donor
Sep 25, 2017
RSI Handle
MrBambooza
I hope it goes this way as then you could protect the Hammerhead with Gladiator's and Hornets.

Shadow Reaper

Space Marshal
Jun 3, 2016
RSI Handle
Shadow Reaper
One way to limit this is to not allow people to mix and match weapons in a single turret. If for torp defense you have to choose a very short range weapon like a Suckerpunch or a Pyro, then you should get a fair measure of protection. A way around that limitation would be to have a choice on a turret by putting more than one weapon in. If you don't allow that, the player still has the choice of what to equip, and he bears the consequences as well.

Bambooza

Space Marshal
Donor
Sep 25, 2017
RSI Handle
MrBambooza
So far they have not allowed individual guns on a turret and all the documents do not hint at that being a possibility it seems that turret mounts will be a fixed gun group but it is entirely possible that they release turrets with mixed guns.

maynard

Space Marshal
May 20, 2014
RSI Handle
mgk
ha ha, lookit all the fools theorycrafting as if they knew what they're talking about

Reactions: Bambooza
Forgot your password?