Ebay Chicanery?

rtmoose

Captain
May 28, 2014
RSI Handle
rtmoose
So advice needed:

Im giving up on my x65f, its just not meeting my expectations and with this new ESP its even more frustrating (for complicated reasons i wont go into)

SO.. I put it on Ebay, but then the very same day 2 of the buttons stopped "clicking" (they still work, just no click).. Ive got it ready in the box to be shipped back to Mad Catz for a replacement (which they told me they have waiting) The plan was to just ship out the replacement to the buyer on Ebay (if it sold).

Heres the problem: someone bought it today, for the "buy it now" price.. $350

What do i do? I wont have the replacement stick back from MadCatz for a couple weeks at least.. should i just get them to ship it directly to the buyer?

Montoya

Administrator
Staff member
Oct 31, 2013
RSI Handle
Montoya
Paging @SeungRyul , ebay expert.

My initial reaction is to refund the guy and tell him the truth. Im assuming you have reputation on the ebay account that you want to maintain or build.

Reactions: CitizenDad

CitizenDad

Space Marshal
Donor
Nov 3, 2014
RSI Handle
SlvmL0rd
Hello,

I have ran several eBay stores, one of which is a Power Seller Account. I have had similar cases as to this quite a few times. My advice to you Moose is:

Contact the buyer let him know everything, right away. See what he suggests and just be up front with him and everything should work itself out.

Let me know via PM if you need any more advice or assistance from Saitek.

Paging @SeungRyul , ebay expert.

My initial reaction is to refund the guy and tell him the truth. Im assuming you have reputation on the ebay account that you want to maintain or build.
Yeah, beat me by about 5 seconds LOL.

rtmoose

Captain
May 28, 2014
RSI Handle
rtmoose
Hello,

I have ran several eBay stores, one of which is a Power Seller Account. I have had similar cases as to this quite a few times. My advice to you Moose is:

Contact the buyer let him know everything, right away. See what he suggests and just be up front with him and everything should work itself out.

Let me know via PM if you need any more advice or assistance from Saitek.

Yeah, beat me by about 5 seconds LOL.
i told him what happened hes fine with them sending the replacement to him direct

good advice thanks

Reactions: CitizenDad

CitizenDad

Space Marshal
Donor
Nov 3, 2014
RSI Handle
SlvmL0rd
i told him what happened hes fine with them sending the replacement to him direct

good advice thanks
Also make sure he is aware that the warranty might only be covered from the date of the original purchase of the X65F. Would hate to see you ship it to him, only then to have him leave bad feedback or something. TBH, a lot of buyers are really stupid. One reason why I let my cousin take over the eBay/Amazon stuff for my company. It is really stressful dealing with buyers these days. I swear everyone wants something for nothing and wants you to give them 1000% of your attention for every little $12 purchase they make.

rtmoose

Captain
May 28, 2014
RSI Handle
rtmoose
except now madcatz completely ignored all the instructions and shipped it to my home.. the courier wasnt required to get a signature so left it outside my front door.

it wasnt there when i arrived home.

both madcatz and Purolater are saying "not our fault, we did what we were supposed to do"

im out $400 and the last BNIB x65f on the planet

rtmoose

Captain
May 28, 2014
RSI Handle
rtmoose
Update: apparently the courier thought the back of the building is the front door..

I'm told its sitting under the forest escape in my backyard.

I guess this guy shits out his mouth too?

Shar Treuse

Captain
Nov 24, 2014
RSI Handle
Shar Treuse
This is why I prefer the post, it might take 8 weeks but if you're not home you can pick it up at your earliest convenience at the nearest (more or less) office.

CrashMan054

Commander
Oct 23, 2014
RSI Handle
CrashMan054
This is why I prefer the post, it might take 8 weeks but if you're not home you can pick it up at your earliest convenience at the nearest (more or less) office.
Pfft, amazon drones will soon join google's robot army and rule the world. Post is dead.

rtmoose

Captain
May 28, 2014
RSI Handle
rtmoose
I have a quadcopter with a remote 720p cam that I sometimes use to drop some "stuff" at my buddies place who lives around the corner..

KingNewbs

Space Marshal
Jun 14, 2014
RSI Handle
KingNewbs
So advice needed:

Im giving up on my x65f, its just not meeting my expectations and with this new ESP its even more frustrating (for complicated reasons i wont go into)

SO.. I put it on Ebay, but then the very same day 2 of the buttons stopped "clicking" (they still work, just no click).. Ive got it ready in the box to be shipped back to Mad Catz for a replacement (which they told me they have waiting) The plan was to just ship out the replacement to the buyer on Ebay (if it sold).

Heres the problem: someone bought it today, for the "buy it now" price.. $350

What do i do? I wont have the replacement stick back from MadCatz for a couple weeks at least.. should i just get them to ship it directly to the buyer?
Definitely do NOT have them ship it directly to the buyer. You're just asking to lose your $350. There will be no way for you to prove to eBay that you mailed the item. He'll do a chargeback and you've lost your stick and your money.

You need to do a full refund and explain to the guy what happened. Get it fixed and re-list.

EDIT: Oh jeez... this wasn't a new thread, was it! Oh well. Guess I'm a month late. Carry on.

Forgot your password?