Eclipse Loadout

Shadow Reaper

Space Marshal
Jun 3, 2016
RSI Handle
Shadow Reaper
Has anyone tried to load say, 9 S3 missiles instead of the 3 S9's? I heard there was gong to be some flexibility like that but don;t know if this includes internal missile storage or just the swappable racks.

9 s3's would make it an interesting anti-fighter package.

Reactions: Tealwraith

Tealwraith

Heresy detector
Donor
May 31, 2017
RSI Handle
Tealwraith
CIG has been so adamant that the Eclipse carries 3 S9 torps in a special 'bespoke' Eclipse-only rotary launcher that it became a paradigm. The only flexibility I heard of was the ability to carry 3 different types of torp and you could select which one to lock and fire. Now I'm really curious and if anyone tries this out, please post here.

Radegast74

Space Marshal
Oct 8, 2016
RSI Handle
Radegast74
Has anyone tried to load say, 9 S3 missiles instead of the 3 S9's? I heard there was gong to be some flexibility like that but don;t know if this includes internal missile storage or just the swappable racks.

9 s3's would make it an interesting anti-fighter package.
I haven’t tried in an Eclipse, but I’m assuming it’s the same as it was for the Retaliator.

The torpedo racks in the Retaliator are special, and will only accommodate size 9 torpedoes. I couldn’t fit any other kind of missile racks or torpedoes in the Retaliator. I had been hoping to fit it with size 5 torpedoes, after seeing how well they worked with the Gladiator. But it would not work at all.

So I’m assuming that the Eclipse is the same way, i.e., that special rotary torpedo dispenser is special, and not interchangeable.

Mich Angel

Space Marshal
Donor
Sep 19, 2016
RSI Handle
ARCHANGEL_666
Guess I could try it out I got a lot of different missiles and racks...
But I say as Montoya did, Eclipse has one purpose.
That's to fire S9 torpedoes/rockets or what ever S9 there is or coming....

:beer::beer::beer::beer::beer::beer::beer::beer:

Shadow Reaper

Space Marshal
Jun 3, 2016
RSI Handle
Shadow Reaper
Yeah, that's what I think. However, if it could hold 9 S3 torpedoes it would then have other purposes. Would be perfect for ambushing fighter squadrons. S3s are hard to shake and if you don't have much warning, could mean serious trouble. If three of them fit in each S9 slot and could be launched together at separate targets, would provide a devastating surprise in battle. The smallest bird that can carry an S3 is I think the Vanguard, and they are not hard to spot. The Eclipse is very hard to spot.

If you can make a drug container that loads like an S9 torp, would make a great smuggler's ship. There are always other uses. . .can you fit one or more X1s in the torp bay?

Reactions: Mich Angel

Mich Angel

Space Marshal
Donor
Sep 19, 2016
RSI Handle
ARCHANGEL_666
Yeah, that's what I think. However, if it could hold 9 S3 torpedoes it would then have other purposes. Would be perfect for ambushing fighter squadrons. S3s are hard to shake and if you don't have much warning, could mean serious trouble. If three of them fit in each S9 slot and could be launched together at separate targets, would provide a devastating surprise in battle. The smallest bird that can carry an S3 is I think the Vanguard, and they are not hard to spot. The Eclipse is very hard to spot.

If you can make a drug container that loads like an S9 torp, would make a great smuggler's ship. There are always other uses. . .can you fit one or more X1s in the torp bay?
Yeah I was thinking anything between S2-S9 cross-section missiles/torpedoes/rockets.....
The cross-section targeting can not be avoided with either flare or shafts only way to get away from them is to out fly them ha ha...
( or if you're really skilled you can shoot them down )
Will begin testing when I get my internet back they're doing some upgrading apparently...

:beer::beer::beer::beer::beer::beer::beer::beer::beer:

DarthMunkee

Space Marshal
Donor
Aug 28, 2016
RSI Handle
DarthMunkee

You light be on to something here. All you need is 3 X1s, 3 War Boys, and a lot of chrome spray paint and you have yourself a smartish torpedo that can shoot and evade on its own. True fire and forget technology right there. You're just going to have to boost the engines on them so they really slam into other ships.

Reactions: Mich Angel
Forgot your password?