ED: Odyssey first playthrough

Sayora

Grand Admiral
Donor
Oct 23, 2018
RSI Handle
Sayora
Looks like they need a lot of work, their AI is worse then SC's and that's saying something. They also need to work on those animations they are janky as all hell, but maybe I am just spoiled. But that's all fixable. Though this is all from someone who has played a grand total of like 40 minutes of ED when it was free on Epic lol

Montoya

Administrator
Staff member
Oct 31, 2013
RSI Handle
Montoya
It must suck being a dev and making sure the media guys know to say its "PRE ALPHA", only to see all the comments say "the AI sucks!"

😄

This is why games rarely show pre-alpha stuff, a lot of people will look at this and immediately conclude its garbage.

Lorddarthvik

Space Marshal
Donor
Feb 22, 2016
RSI Handle
Lorddarthvik
I do love the compass and minimap/radar, I've been waiting for that in Sc forever...
But the rest looks like... well, mediocre. Considering it's all pre alpha, if we drop the fake presentation style and ignore the Ai that is clearly just there as a placeholder, it feels... I dunno, lacking. Thr buildings, weapons, and objective looks rather uninspired. I don't feel the same awe that I did with SC.
It's a skip from me, until it goes down to like 5euros on sale.

Reactions: Zookajoe

Zookajoe

Space Marshal
Donor
Nov 6, 2016
RSI Handle
Zookajoe
I am kinda, meh, no thanks.
It is an ED Pre-Alpha to try and compete with SC Pre-Alpha, though it seems more clunky and less finished in appearance.
I note they cut away when the crew leaves the ship, and when they return to the ship. So, still doesn't have ship interiors and are using a "Teleporter Circle" for crew to get in and out of the ship with no hatches or gangways.
It comes across as a dim shadow.

Cugino83

Space Marshal
Apr 25, 2019
RSI Handle
Cugino
Meh....
ok, it's a pre-alpha but overall it feel in line with the rest of E:D and that means cheap implemented and poorly designed.
The whole art feel like an hybrid beteween the first ME and Overwatch: very blocky and cartoony, with weapons and armor that looks more like ripped of an early 2000 games then newly fresh design...

Reactions: Zookajoe

PeppaPigKilla

Admiral
Sep 15, 2019
RSI Handle
PeppaPigKilla
i'm a hard to impress guy and im impressed by this, i did not see any desync, one thing baffles me though, why would anyone play with a joypad

Forgot your password?