Email from TEST caught in spam filter

dubbzy

Admiral
Dec 23, 2014
RSI Handle
dubbzy104
So I was about to clean out my junk email box, and I noticed that I received an email from TEST Squadron ([email protected]), with the subject "TEST". In it is a message "hi daren1985 (not my name, not a username I ever used)" and an invitation to stress-TEST new comms. Did anyone else receive this email? Whats up with that?

NKato

Grand Admiral
Apr 25, 2014
RSI Handle
NKato
So I was about to clean out my junk email box, and I noticed that I received an email from TEST Squadron ([email protected]), with the subject "TEST". In it is a message "hi daren1985 (not my name, not a username I ever used)" and an invitation to stress-TEST new comms. Did anyone else receive this email? Whats up with that?
That would be an attempt to rally users to test our new Discord VoIP server. :) We're currently helping the Discord devs stress-test and improve the product for guilds around the world.

You can opt out by going into your options and setting it so that you don't receive emails from admins/moderators.

chrizz

Digital Janitor
Staff member
Officer
Jan 22, 2014
RSI Handle
chrizz
it shouldn't have been spam, but sth went wrong. we're TEST, right?

well ignore it :) everything is ok, everybody move along....

Last edited:

mromutt

Duck Army
Staff member
Oct 14, 2014
RSI Handle
mromutt
something went wrong with the messages haha mine also had someone else's name on it, at leas it was a name i knew XD

Montoya

Administrator
Staff member
Oct 31, 2013
RSI Handle
Montoya
Yeah, I also got one in my spam folder.

If you use gmail, be sure to mark it as "not spam".

Since this is a new email server that just sent out a lot of emails for the first time, spam filters grab it.

Why it had the wrong name is a mystery.

Annitias

Minister of Propaganda
Staff member
Officer
Donor
Oct 5, 2014
RSI Handle
Annitias
Mine was for Kiltedfrog so not sure why I got that name on the email....

Quite sure even this server knows who I am and Vodka of choice by now.

CrimsonCyclist

Space Marshal
Oct 1, 2014
RSI Handle
CrimsonCyclist
I got that email,addressed to "Kilted Frog" who is another member of test =P. If you wanna address each member personally via your message all options, might wanna make sure the names are correct =P

Nightrider

Media Propaganda Czar
Jul 1, 2015
RSI Handle
Nightrider
Who are you "malhavoc" and what have you done with my Discord invite?
You treachery and villainy are probably directly proportional to your ability to crash Aurora's.

Good job and keep up the good fight ... :)

WarrenPeace

Space Marshal
Jul 17, 2014
RSI Handle
Shortspark
Mine was addressed to Greg Foster. How did you know my secret nerd burlesque name?

Reactions: honcho12

xecto

Space Marshal
Sep 26, 2014
RSI Handle
xecto
I didnt get any email, does that mean I dont exist? I'm officially a ghost?

SeungRyul

Spreader of Truth / Master of Hamsters
Staff member
Donor
Oct 30, 2013
RSI Handle
Citizen404
It looks like our forums has Alzheimers and does not know whose email is whose. Hamsters responsible for taking care of the mental health of server has been fired and executed.

As for spam. Our reputation as TEST must have not reached Google's ears yet!! Please look in your spam folder and mark the mailas NOT SPAM to improve our reputation. We have only sent out mass emails once before in our 2 year history and it will only be for very important notices.

Forgot your password?