Emergent Gameplay - The Pro-Gen TEST Triathlon

NemeSys

Commander
Jan 20, 2016
RSI Handle
Star-Geezer
I'm not entirely sure how or why my mind comes up with these things, except for maybe alcohol, but I was thinking that to celebrate the eventual implementation of planet side environments, TEST could hold a (special?) olympic style event....

The Procedurally Generated TEST Triathlon!

We all gather at a predetermined brand-spanking new uninhabited planet, or a totally random and not necessarily uninhabited one, and conduct the following events.

The Big Smear (Longest Continuous Skid-mark) - Bonus points (beers) could be awarded for excessive sparks and creative debris distribution. Mustangs should probably be disqualified as I know from experience that parts can fall off just by leaving the pad. Extended landing gear is usually counter-productive and considered "wussy", and while no where does it say you have to skid nose first, lateral barrel rolls may likely be more appropriate for event two.

The Damn Skippy (Most Sequential Skips) - Extended landing gear is usually irrelevant, sparks are usually intermittent, but again bonus points (more beers) for creative debris distribution are possible. And again, Mustangs should probably be disqualified for *reasons* listed above (it's like they intentionally made them anti-bouncy, just saying). This event has been known to unexplicably revert to The Big Smear or proceed directly to the third event below.

The ever-popular Smoking Hole (pretty self explanatory) - A definitive free-style event, open to all vessels by displacemet. Additional "style points" (yet more beers) for creative impact trajectories; i.e. backwards, sideways, upside-down, or why not all three? Performance is usually rated according to depth of crater, amount of smoke and ejected debris, etc, but sometimes a particularly colorful explosion or excessive number of extraneous casualties wins out.

Just in case there is a tie score, or no one remembered to keep score, we would of course have to enact a sudden-death (HA!) elimination event; otherwise known as The Hat Trick.

The Hat Trick event is open to anyone present who is (A) still conscious and not under arrest, or (B) mostly conscious/still breathing plus not arrested, and (C) has a ship left or (D) can swipe one (without being arrested, an important disclaimer for some people). ANYWAY.... Said pilot must complete a Skid-mark of at least one ship length, at least one Skip (a bounce is permissible), and a Smoking Hole, all in a single run. Maneuvers may be attempted in any order, however, the Smoking Hole portion is suggested as a finale. Explosives are optional, but as always, strongly encouraged.

Remember, EVERYTHING needs TESTing. Ready when you are guys. :p

julu

Admiral
Mar 9, 2016
RSI Handle
Lipwig
i'm so absolutely in, sounds like i could finally excel in something, even if it's just chugging beer. now, godspeed, CIG, and implement planetside drunk revellries...

Forgot your password?