• Total voters

Mitoh

Commander
Donor
Aug 30, 2015
RSI Handle
ffrind
Hey everyone!

I am looking at putting a decent chunk of change into the game in the coming weeks, and at first I saw the Endeavor and thought to myself, "I gotta own that thing!", but after watching the latest State of the Squadron, I'm starting to think the group probably has enough of them already?

So, to the real question of this thread:

Should I buy the Master Set Endeavor, or should I spend those funds on a different ship/s?

What I am interested in doing:
Exploration
Research/science stuff
module overclocking (Mainly due to that sick looking collider)
Patrolling/ PvP
Salvage type operations or assisting with same

I already have or will be getting:
Aurora LN
Constellation Aquila

AccidentProne8

Space Marshal
Apr 12, 2015
RSI Handle
accidentproneeight
Honestly, your top three are all things the Endeavor does. And besides, this is you - not the org. What if other people are using the endeavors that the org has control of? And for another ship...let us break it down.

You could buy a Carrack at some point - that would take care of the first, and maybe some research as well - but the others?

You could buy a Tali - but no guarantee - in fact it is pretty much certain it will not - be as good at any of those roles as a dedicated ship, and no LTI anymore.

The Endeavor is questionable for those last two - but you are or will be getting a Connie, so that probably takes care of the patrolling, and the salvage ship isn't sold yet - or maybe I missed that one. Either way. You can't get a dedicated ship with LTI at the moment.

TL;DR - You are asking for an excuse to buy the Endeavor. Buy the Endeavor.

ReconDelta

Space Marshal
Apr 29, 2015
RSI Handle
ReconDelta
Arguably the Endeavor is the most capable ship filling the most useful roles in all of Star Citizen. The ship is a bargain for the price. I feel it's a definite buy.

Add a nice dog fighter the F7C-M will very likely be on sale in a month or less, I'd recommend you buy a pair.

You would be set for just about anything in the SC universe.

If you have LTI or 24 month insurance on the Aquila, keep it. Nice ship when you prefer to solo play.

Mitoh

Commander
Donor
Aug 30, 2015
RSI Handle
ffrind
Okay, thanks for the advice.

The Constellation only has the current 6 month insurance. Does that change things at all otherwise?

DragonHeart

Space Marshal
Feb 10, 2015
RSI Handle
ATempest
The Endeavor fits the bill for your top 3 interests, she will be around for another week maybe so keep that in mind.
If you find a better combination of ships, you can just melt her later for store credit.
Cheers.

Audax Phidippus

Captain
Donor
Feb 21, 2015
RSI Handle
Audax_Phidippus
Things to consider, just in case you didn't know: Ships can be sold to other players('gifted' for $), and ships can be melted for store credit - BUT ships that are bought using store credit CANNOT be sold(gifted) to other characters.
(NOTE: Selling ships to other players is technically against CIG rules. Can be done on reddit, or here. There is always a risk of getting "scammed", but it's never happened to me. Be smart about it)

Whether or not the insurance really matters is up for debate. The devs say "not really", but if selling(gifting for cash) the ship in the future is a possibility, then it absolutely does. Limited, LTI ships almost always can be sold later for more than you paid. The current Endeavor sale fits in that category.
Also, if you buy a smaller ship that is LTI - and you buy an upgrade to another ship, the LTI status is applied to the new ship.

The "what ship should I buy" question is common, and is really a matter of opinion - but I thought the above facts may help you make up your mind.
IMO, the safest/smartest route - unless you are sure you want to do space science - is wait. Buy the next small LTI ship that comes out, and later you can decide what to upgrade it to. This leaves all options open. Only caveat: If you later do decide to upgrade to an Endeavor, you will pay a bit more, in total. Not much.

WarrenPeace

Space Marshal
Jul 17, 2014
RSI Handle
Shortspark
Okay, thanks for the advice.

The Constellation only has the current 6 month insurance. Does that change things at all otherwise?
LTI only matters if you own enough ships that insuring them all will be prohibitively expensive. Otherwise, fugeddaboudit.

Forgot your password?