Enjoying your Xbox One?

Darquesse

Space Marshal
May 14, 2014
RSI Handle
Darquesse
So, anyone got an Xbox One? What do you play on it? Is there any point getting one if you've already got a PC?

KingNerd

Admiral
Jul 14, 2015
RSI Handle
KingNerd
I would get it and play Destiny and Halo 5, for sure. Actually, I'm about to, it's on my list for next month :)

Euthanize91

Lieutenant
May 20, 2015
RSI Handle
Euthanize
Would you recommend getting it just to play Halo 5? As MGS 5 and The Division are/will be on PC.

I use my xbox 1 to play games like Gears of War, Fifa 16, NHL games currently. I will most definitely be purchasing Halo and The Division when they are released.

My gamer Tag is o Disco Duck o

Feel free to add me and we can get into some thumb wars!

-Euth

P.S. Just add a message saying you are from TEST or It might be ignored.

mromutt

Duck Army
Staff member
Oct 14, 2014
RSI Handle
mromutt
Its worth having is you have live gold, two free games a month that are normally pretty good. Plus its fun to pick up casual games :)

Riekopo

Vice Admiral
Mar 4, 2015
RSI Handle
Riekopo
I love my Xbox One. The Xbox team is the most responsive to customers I've ever seen.

Esq

Space Marshal
Jan 30, 2015
RSI Handle
Esq
Games what I play with my xbox one: Forza Motorsport , Halo and some free xbox live gold games every month. I am waiting for Halo 5, Quantum Break, Rise of the Tomb Raider and The Division. I got EA access for 12 months. It includes access to games like FIFA 15, NHL 15, Battlefield 4, Titanfall, Dragon Age and so on. That access costs 25 euros (12 months) in my country. Which is not bad if you like casually play some old EA games.
In my mind Forza, Halo and Destiny are reasons enough to spend money. I used to play Destiny a lot with my ps4. It is a good game in my opinion.

Reactions: mromutt

mromutt

Duck Army
Staff member
Oct 14, 2014
RSI Handle
mromutt
Games what I play with my xbox one: Forza Motorsport , Halo and some free xbox live gold games every month. I am waiting for Halo 5, Quantum Break, Rise of the Tomb Raider and The Division. I got EA access for 12 months. It includes access to games like FIFA 15, NHL 15, Battlefield 4, Titanfall, Dragon Age and so on. That access costs 25 euros (12 months) in my country. Which is not bad if you like casually play some old EA games.
In my mind Forza, Halo and Destiny are reasons enough to spend money. I used to play Destiny a lot with my ps4. It is a good game in my opinion.
Yeah I got the master chief collection with my xbox and I bought the rare collection! :D But I need to reup my live, it ran out yesterday. But the gold games are great!

Gearen

Space Marshal
Jan 27, 2015
RSI Handle
Gearen
I do. I play forza 5, titanfall, rare replay and Halo MCC, waiting for Halo 5 and more.
(I also have a ps4)

GrammarGestapo

Pro Chat Necromancer
Jun 8, 2014
RSI Handle
TheGrammarpolice
Buy a 3DS for JRPG's. We have equivalents for all other exclusives on Xbone/PS4.

That being said, I was impressed with how comfortable the Xbone's controller was and how convenient the UI and various functions were.

Reactions: Reyalp CB4

Reyalp CB4

Space Marshal
Oct 1, 2015
RSI Handle
reyalp
I had an Xbox360 for years and really liked it, but when it comes down to it unless you are really hyped for the Console Exclusive Games it hardly seems worth the investment when $400 will buy a lot of games during a steam summer sale

also

Doc Shaftoe

Space Marshal
Nov 29, 2014
RSI Handle
DocShaftoe
I play a shameful amount of Destiny. I'm also eagerly awaiting Halo 5. I haven't decided if I want to get The Division on PC or Xbone though. If you're running Windows 10 and are interested in a gaming console I highly recommend the Xbox just for how connected it is. The OS (love it or hate it, that's a discussion for elsewhere) comes with a program that interfaces directly with your Xbox account and lets you monitor your friends, join parties, and even stream games directly to your PC. It's a nice feature for staying on top of things.

I think Microsoft is putting out a 1TB version of the Xbox One, so if I were getting a new console I'd shell out the extra cash for that. I might see about trading my console in for a newer one with more memory. We'll see.

BubbleKing

Grand Admiral
Feb 26, 2015
RSI Handle
BubbleKing
I like my XB1. It's primary use is to keep in touch with friends that aren't hardcore gamers.

I play GTA5, Destiny, and other assorted sports titles primarily.

dubbzy

Admiral
Dec 23, 2014
RSI Handle
dubbzy104
I enjoy my xbone. The kinect features are kinda nice, especially since I can turn on my console when I walk right in the doorway, and it also automatically turns on my tv. I use it primarily for gaming with my non-pc friends, and as the main entertainment box connected to my tv (netflix, etc)

One nice thing I haven't seen mentioned yet is EA Access (i know, its EA...). For $5 a month or $30 a year, you get access to "the vault" of free games (including bf4) with more games being added. You also get 10% off EVERY and any EA purchase. So you can pay $5 for a month, buy a full price game you want, save $6 from the 10% discount, and enjoy the vault for a month

mromutt

Duck Army
Staff member
Oct 14, 2014
RSI Handle
mromutt
I enjoy my xbone. The kinect features are kinda nice, especially since I can turn on my console when I walk right in the doorway, and it also automatically turns on my tv. I use it primarily for gaming with my non-pc friends, and as the main entertainment box connected to my tv (netflix, etc)

One nice thing I haven't seen mentioned yet is EA Access (i know, its EA...). For $5 a month or $30 a year, you get access to "the vault" of free games (including bf4) with more games being added. You also get 10% off EVERY and any EA purchase. So you can pay $5 for a month, buy a full price game you want, save $6 from the 10% discount, and enjoy the vault for a month
Thats pretty cool I didn't know the EA thing.

Forgot your password?