Enter the Defender

Shadow Reaper

Space Marshal
Jun 3, 2016
RSI Handle
Shadow Reaper
View: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Q2Vt7699fic

Will be good to see how she stacks up against the Vanguard. Very interesting to hear they cheated a way to improve the view. Obviously, if you move the arms down enough so they no longer obstruct the view, the engines will be seriously off the thrust axis, but seems CIG won't care. This could make it a much better fighter than I expected it to be.

Sounds like she'll be more maneuverable than the Vanguard, but still less range with guns and fewer missiles. Depends upon how hard you want to fly it seems, but almost sounds like a long range Sabre without the limited stealth.

Bambooza

Space Marshal
Donor
Sep 25, 2017
RSI Handle
MrBambooza
Glad to hear they took the disappointment in the 600 and are addressing it in the 890 jump (especially with Josh Coon its going to be baller). But the star really was the Carrack. Its looking spectacular.

Reactions: DorianSkyphire

Printimus

Space Marshal
Officer
Donor
Dec 22, 2015
RSI Handle
Printimus
View: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Q2Vt7699fic

Will be good to see how she stacks up against the Vanguard. Very interesting to hear they cheated a way to improve the view. Obviously, if you move the arms down enough so they no longer obstruct the view, the engines will be seriously off the thrust axis, but seems CIG won't care. This could make it a much better fighter than I expected it to be.

Sounds like she'll be more maneuverable than the Vanguard, but still less range with guns and fewer missiles. Depends upon how hard you want to fly it seems, but almost sounds like a long range Sabre without the limited stealth.
Guess we will find out when we actually get to fly it.

Reactions: Deroth

Shadow Reaper

Space Marshal
Jun 3, 2016
RSI Handle
Shadow Reaper
Well that is a different vid than the one I linked to:

View: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Bm8LKcEJQPw

I am disappointed that they pulled the holoviewer from the Carrack bridge. I just think that would be very cool, but I will hope and pray they leave it in the Polaris. Maybe they'll make it a Carrack bonus option?

As to the question of a no-fly zone below 400 meters on ArcCorp, it seems if they intend to hard wire that something takes control of the player's ship so they can't go below, the criminals ought to be able to subvert that at a huge price. Maybe there could be some big bonus to being hunted in situations like this, and temptation to the bounty hunter to do what they know they should not do--fly too low?

Reactions: Deroth and Kenlee

Kenlee

Space Marshal
Apr 30, 2017
RSI Handle
Kenlee
On another note: Holy shit the new exterior looks good on the Carrack. Looks so much better than what they showed a few months back. Glad they fixed the landing gear and the bridge.

Bambooza

Space Marshal
Donor
Sep 25, 2017
RSI Handle
MrBambooza
I am disappointed that they pulled the holoviewer from the Carrack bridge. I just think that would be very cool, but I will hope and pray they leave it in the Polaris. Maybe they'll make it a Carrack bonus option?
I personally prefer the holo table viewer over the holo globe, but I understand both have their place.

Reactions: Shadow Reaper
Forgot your password?