Esperia Prowler Drawing Contest!

DrunkenTeddy

Order of 10 High Priest
Donor
Apr 28, 2016
RSI Handle
DrunkenTeddy
CIG has posted a contest for people to draw what they think the Esperia Prowler should look like. They want crude drawings in Paint/Crayon/Whatever. The prizes are really sweet, a Polaris + a Prowler for the winner and 5 runner-ups. Here is the link:

https://forums.robertsspaceindustries.com/discussion/352592

Greetings Citizens,

The Prowler boarding ship is coming! We will be unveiling the long-awaited ship at the Intergalactic Aerospace Expo on November 18th, 2016. Before we show you OUR Prowler, we want to see YOUR take on the design. The Prowler is a dedicated combat boarding ship with a new, unique alien appearance. It will be the first Tevarin-inspired design to appear in Star Citizen and will provide your first look at this alien race’s aesthetic.

Contest Details: Design your own Esperia Prowler! We want you to use basic art tools (MS Paint, crayon) to pitch your version of what a Tevarin boarding ship should look like. Winners will be selected based on creativity and imagination; entries should focus on designing a ship that makes sense inside the Star Citizen world. Entries are encouraged to include text descriptions and ship specifications to back up the drawings.

The following excerpt from the Prowler design brief is intended to help you come up with a ship that fits into our universe:

Named after the UPE military designation, the Prowler is a modernized version of the infamous Tevarin boarding craft from the First Tevarin War. With the recent discovery of the lost Tevarin planet in Kabal System, Esperia’s engineers were given unmitigated access to examine the preserved ships found in several of the caches, before meticulously recreating the design choices.

The Prowler’s effectiveness as a rapid personnel deployment vehicle was mainly due to its silence. The boarding was constructed using a variety of techniques to minimize its signatures and get close to unsuspecting vessels before quickly deploying their boarders via EVA.
With the Prowler, you will find the perfect fusion of two cultures: the elegance and effectiveness of the Tevarin war machine combined with the reliability of modern UEE technology.

How to Enter: Please post your entry to this thread on the forums. Please do not ‘reserve’ spaces, all entries will be considered regardless of the order they’re posted! The deadline to post your Prowler pitch is Friday, November 11, 2016. Winners will be selected by the CIG Community and Marketing teams. One entry per Citizen.

Prizes: The winning selection (and five runners up) will be featured on the Anniversary Livestream as part of the Prowler launch. The winning entry will receive a uniquely numbered RSI Polaris-class corvette and the first Esperia Prowler off the production lines! Five runners-up will also be awarded Prowlers.

Good luck, Citizens! We can’t wait to see what you come up with!

Gauna

Graphic Goddess
Officer
Nov 1, 2015
RSI Handle
Gauna
We want you to use basic art tools (MS Paint, crayon)
(MS Paint, crayon)
(̴̣̰̩̟̱̠͞ͅͅM̛͙̩͉̻̹͓̤̙͝͝Ş̥͔̘̣̝̠̀ ͎̠͘͞P̶̮̲͇̣̣͙̻̺ͅą̛͓̗̬̺i̶̦͙̟n͍̲t̨̮̰̬̻̮̩͔͘ͅ,̵̪̬̺̰̥͎̩ ̥͝c̵̖̞̺̫̳̼͔̞r̺̦͈̲̩̗̫͕͠a̡̢̯̼͇̤͔y̦̺̲͟o̜̲̻̰͜ǹ͏͕̥̪͢)͖̩̱͈̮

Bruttle

Space Marshal
Donor
Aug 20, 2016
RSI Handle
Bruttle
I put in my submission fairly early. I liked it when I compared it to many of the submissions that looked like they were drawn by epileptic toddlers. But then, time went on.

You see, I seem to have forgotten that some people are extremely artistically inclined. I don't mean just pretty good around a piece of paper. I'm talking mindbogglingly good. They can use a crayon and make an accurate interpretation of the mona lisa. Now, I look back at my submission and... well... I'm not winning shit. In fact, they have successfully facilitated my membership in the group filled with the aforementioned epileptic toddlers.

So now, I am forced to buy a polaris and a prowler. It's not that I particularly want either of them, but rather because screw you all and your fancy drawings. To hell with your ability to turn crayola crayons into goddam majestic works of art (which some are really good by the way, hats off to you all). My ability is making enough money to buy those ships. So I win too (not really but it's all I have).

P.S. Some of the work on those threads is really good. CIG really outdid themselves when they came up with this contest. They basically purchased a brainstorming session of a few thousand knowledgeable people for the price of a Polaris and 5 Prowlers. Well played sirs, well played...

Forgot your password?